Game Day Fremantle vs Sydney on a Friday night in Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be soo frustrating to watch the forward 50 work. Butchering easy goals & imo the frustration has led to easy turnovers. I don't think you guys are playing badly, just one of those nights inside 50. I wouldn't be surprised if you get on a run in the 2nd half. There's a some very good signs from your team.
It’ll be too little, too late. Enjoy the win

It’s disappointing that after round 3 when we nearly kicked ourselves out of the Adelaide game, it was clear to everyone that we need to practice our goal kicking, 6 weeks later and we have this. Voss, Amiss, Jackson all missing set shots within range. Just demoralising when the other team can’t miss.

Kind of fitting our one and only goal has been from a defender.

I know managing Walters is a thing but if he was the crumbing forward instead of O'Meara then there's 2 goals.

Voss and Amiss should have slotted their easy ones.

Overall considering Sydney's pressure I don't think we're playing all that badly. It's just the forward connection/finishing.

Also Johnno needs a left foot because his constant stops and turns looking for his right will hold him back.

Logan Mc would not fair much better if he was on our team tonight, he doesn't solve the problem when our mids aren't connected well enough to the forwards.

Anyway this is a soul sucking game but I'm not sure I expected any less when the majority of our side are so emotionally drained.

Sydney haven't given us a chance to breath out there, but we have not handled it well at all. Decision making into the forward line and pressure from us has been poor.

Could be that we have mentally not turned up for obvious reasons, but this is 100% a learning moment for this young group. Need to be smarter and more composed.

******* frustrating. They aren't better than us but we are making it so damn easy for them.

Time to abandon the handball game. It isn't working and they keep running themselves into trouble.

Sorry, but this is nonsense. They are clearly and demonstrably better than us. Their pressure is elite, and their ability to take advantage of turnovers, move the ball, create effective forward entries, and score is elite.

It’s great to support your team, but pretending that we are as good as the best ain’t helping anyone.

I don’t know when people will accept that there is a problem with our method. Yes we have missed some goals that we should have kicked. But the last 5 Sydney goals have come from turnover's because we don’t have an effective method for moving the ball.

But on this board if you dare call it as you see it you are a campaigner and get a pile on so I don’t know.
I think you are right.
For about 3 years now I’ve even arguing on this board that we handball too much.
Everything is rushed and panicked because when serous opposition show up and turn up the heat, we are toast. Turnovers everywhere.
We are actually excellent and winning the ball. Great players on 50:50s and one on one contests.
But we have no composure because the way the ball is moved forward of centre especially is manic. There’s no “easy” goals. The Walker one was a great example. A back pocket pulls out a once-a-season type play to kick a goal. That’s not a method that can be relied upon.

Then there is the personnel in attack. They are mostly not good enough. The only classy players we have Treacy and amiss are out of form.

Emmett
Banfield
Voss
Switta

Are spuds. Let’s be honest. They are honest battlers - good players at rebuilding sides or in and out of twos football.
None of these guys are any use in finals when the heat is on.
If we had Jeremy Cameron, Charlie Cameron and Charlie curnow as our other 3 forwards to complete the set of 7, then yeah, you might get away with them.
But we don’t.

Frederick is maddening to watch. Disappears for hours at a time at stages. How can a guy like that be trusted.
Amiss and Treacy I’m willing to give a pass to as they are young and developing.

I’ve brought this up a bunch of times and I’m glad Pav cottoned on to it tonight.

We are determined to pull off the PERFECT play to give ourselves the perfect opportunity in front of goal and we will handball and handball and handball, and kick sideways and chip it until that picture perfect opportunity presents itself and when it does, we kick a great goal.

And that happens once or twice maximum a game.

Every other time, we turn it over, or it fizzles out to a contest or out of bounds, and we lose the chance to go direct and give our forwards and speedsters opportunity in a quick chaos game before the defence is set up. So ultimately 98% of the time it doesn’t work.

It’s a coaching issue.

Goals win matches, Voss, O'meara, Jackson, Amiss etc all sitters. They have been having a crack. When will someone at the club show some balls and coach Amiss out of that pussy walk in goal kicking approach. I highlighted this two years ago. Why can't Banfield get near where the ball is?

JL needs to stop parroting this whole “we’re high hand balling team we do move fast” because almost every handball leads to negative meters gained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but this is nonsense. They are clearly and demonstrably better than us. Their pressure is elite, and their ability to take advantage of turnovers, move the ball, create effective forward entries, and score is elite.

It’s great to support your team, but pretending that we are as good as the best ain’t helping anyone.

We are making them look good. A lot of those turnovers are unforced rather than the result of their pressure.

A game we needed to take every chance presented. Sydney are good and very well coached.

Hope we mix it up in the second half, show some spirit and not allow Sydney to feed off our turnover

Kudos to the pressure the Swans put on our forwards, it's been elite.

Still, Emmett not good enough. We're making poor decisions going forward too. The Swans are in their head and we're kicking long instead of finding the forward handball.

No way do the Swans deserve to be 40points up, just one of those bullshit nights.

Wonder if there’s some external factor that has rattled the playing group…

The melts tonight are disproportionate to the circumstances.
That maybe so, that's not an excuse for how piss poor our goalkicking has been though, there's zero justification for it.

wicked-witch-of-oz-screaming-im-melting-ygzg1rvx31qt143c.webp

I think you are right.
For about 3 years now I’ve even arguing on this board that we handball too much.
Everything is rushed and panicked because when serous opposition show up and turn up the heat, we are toast. Turnovers everywhere.
We are actually excellent and winning the ball. Great players on 50:50s and one on one contests.
But we have no composure because the way the ball is moved forward of centre especially is manic. There’s no “easy” goals. The Walker one was a great example. A back pocket pulls out a once-a-season type play to kick a goal. That’s not a method that can be relied upon.

Then there is the personnel in attack. They are mostly not good enough. The only classy players we have Treacy and amiss are out of form.

Emmett
Banfield
Voss
Switta

Are spuds. Let’s be honest. They are honest battlers - good players at rebuilding sides or in and out of twos football.
None of these guys are any use in finals when the heat is on.
If we had Jeremy Cameron, Charlie Cameron and Charlie curnow as our other 3 forwards to complete the set of 7, then yeah, you might get away with them.
But we don’t.

Frederick is maddening to watch. Disappears for hours at a time at stages. How can a guy like that be trusted.
Amiss and Treacy I’m willing to give a pass to as they are young and developing.
Haha great melt. Love it 👍🏽

Goals win matches, Voss, O'meara, Jackson, Amiss etc all sitters. They have been having a crack. When will someone at the club show some balls and coach Amiss out of that pussy walk in goal kicking approach. I highlighted this two years ago. Why can't Banfield get near where the ball is?
There's always one. The guy has had a ton of success following his routine, and now he's slightly out of form some keyboard warrior thinks he's a real man.

Johnson has played well.

Switkowski does not and never had the body for AFL, he will always be a liability.

Emmett just straight up sucks.

Yeah I think Johnson has been a positive.

Switta isn’t making an impact at all. And isn’t a quick clean option player.

Snuffaluphagus has been proven correct with emmett tonight.

Looking forward to a competitive third with four goals for us here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back