EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aucklander any chance of initiating a no GIF no YOUTUBE no other crappy screenshots for 2021 group?
#askingforafriend

As respectful as I am and I woulda loved to have read all of Cheapseats posts as I enjoy all opinions and thoughts via these platforms ... it’s been ages since I have as they appear in my feed like advertising and I battle to get my untech brain to decipher where to start/stop.

I suspect he's been given a rest. But lets open up a line of discussion without him. How about... What could the EDFL do to improve/amend the promotion/relegation system for 2021?
This only effects two of the three divisions at any one time - Last in premier or div 1 or winner of div 1 & div 2. I personally have never liked the idea of 2 up 2 down similar to Ammos. I think you need to win it to be promoted not be rewarded for just making the grand final- You need to be the best on the last day of the season to be promoted IMO. As for the relegation end - in the end percentage may determine your fate. I like the floating fixture idea where you play each team once and then after 9 rounds, the draw is designed to have the bottom 4 play each other in the last 3 rounds. It could be for some interesting games as they dont get the chance to play finals to determine if they are relegated - yet as it stands the top 4 Final Teams all have a chance to be promoted. Anyway, good discussion.

I suspect he's been given a rest. But lets open up a line of discussion without him. How about... What could the EDFL do to improve/amend the promotion/relegation system for 2021?
Bottom 2 go down and top 2 go up. The good thing about this formula is more sides will get a chance to get promoted. let’s face it if you make a grand final you’ve had a pretty good year and deserve some recognition.
plus in premier/diva 1i t would be interesting because normally 7,8,9,10 are all even and would be a bum fight to avoid that dreaded bottom 2. If you look at 2019 ladders the bottom side was know for a long period of time. So the other teams had nothing to play for. But 7,8,9 were all close and it means they had something to play for each week.

Bottom 2 go down and top 2 go up. The good thing about this formula is more sides will get a chance to get promoted. let’s face it if you make a grand final you’ve had a pretty good year and deserve some recognition.
plus in premier/diva 1i t would be interesting because normally 7,8,9,10 are all even and would be a bum fight to avoid that dreaded bottom 2. If you look at 2019 ladders the bottom side was know for a long period of time. So the other teams had nothing to play for. But 7,8,9 were all close and it means they had something to play for each week.
Great suggestion top 2 and bottom 2

Great suggestion top 2 and bottom 2
I'm in favour of 2 teams up and down too. I do worry about some clubs in Div 1 (mostly) and Div 2 that buy themselves a premiership, by, say, recruiting a couple of clokes, who then get what the club wants (silverware), but then leave for another club who has the same plans resulting in immediate relegation the following year. What about, 1 up 1 down, but you cant go straight back down, so the 2nd to last team gets relegated if you finish last. 2 year minimum in the upper division? Yeah, reading that back doesn't really make sence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With not a lot of footy on atm
Would anyone have a jab at a premier division top 50 like Matthew Pillios used to do maybe or a squad of 5 players from every club they could put in

Brad Scott now in charge of AFL Vic
Hopefully he can crack down on clubs breaking the salary cap.
I'd be curious how it was determined that he was the right man for the job because his resume would reflect that he's grossly under qualified. #jobsfortheboys

are you suggesting there has not been a successful crackdown before. seems to be an awful lot of paper bag payments talk or innuendo.
Their have been a number of clubs across Victoria that have breached the salary cap so I’m guessing the punishments aren’t strong enough to stop this practice. Officials need to be banned and clubs relegated should be an option for punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back