List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They arent cutting Oscar after promoting him to the senior list lol They have always known he is a long term prospect, as young rucks usually are. He's shown enough promise and development in his time with us so far, He'll get extended.
Must not seen Steene play

They arent cutting Oscar after promoting him to the senior list lol They have always known he is a long term prospect, as young rucks usually are. He's shown enough promise and development in his time with us so far, He'll get extended.
I have liked what I have seen so far, his positioning and tap work looks good.

I know rucks take longer to develop but gee whiz I have watched some VFL games and I'm not sure what most see when they watch Begg or Steene , both have shown absolutely 0 in my opinion.
Then you clearly didn't watch enough last year.
Oscar can take marks, kick goals, and is developing in the ruck. They alt between forward and ruck. Oscar still developing physically. He's gonna be a monster once he grows up.

They are happy with the way he is developing.

Begg competes really well, what he loses in the ruck given he is under sized, makes up at ground level. They should be playing him more forward, but they like his leap and ruck ability in the air.

They clearly like the two ruck set up between forward and ruck and thats how they are developing them.

I know rucks take longer to develop but gee whiz I have watched some VFL games and I'm not sure what most see when they watch Begg or Steene , both have shown absolutely 0 in my opinion.
Steene has shown some aerial ability. He could probably be the number one ruck over Begg if not injured. He’s a long-term prospect but has a bit to work on.

Begg played well against Richmond. He plays a bit like Xerri, a bit like Walter in the sense he tackles a lot. He has fight in him. Weakness is he can’t ruck and his positioning/awareness isn’t there. Gives away many free kicks when he fatigues and his tank is minimal.

According to you, Begg's gone at the end of the year. And now so is Steene.
To be on the safe side, Begg is definitely gone in my books.

Steene probably gone. It’s not going to shock me if he stays because he’s a young tall but I think it will be a long time frame and he won’t make it.

To be on the safe side, Begg is definitely gone in my books.

Steene probably gone. It’s not going to shock me if he stays because he’s a young tall but I think it will be a long time frame and he won’t make it.
Thank goodness you're not our list manager.

We have no ruck depth at all and you'd get rid of our only 2 developing rucks in one go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disagree 100%.

Steene was really good in his 1st Season and Begg not a Ruckman but Competes well

Thank goodness you're not our list manager.

We have no ruck depth at all and you'd get rid of our only 2 developing rucks in one go.
You’d then recruit a mature age ruck like Downie or Boyd or anyone else who has good VFL statistics or was delisted.

No we’re not just going to cut two rucks and leave the space for AJ to fill. We’d replace them.

You’d then recruit a mature age ruck like Downie or Boyd or anyone else who has good VFL statistics or was delisted.

No we’re not just going to cut two rucks and leave the space for AJ to fill. We’d replace them.
What does Ash have to do with this conversation? Fkng hell. 🙄

I'd hope we'd pick A ruck in the MSD. One that could help with developing Oscar. And Begg if we keep him.

Difficult to ignore this and harder to frame a response, but forking hell this is an all-time classic
It's an opinion of what could transpire in the trade scenario to get Smith over the line if he nominates us, judging by our trading history of picks.
I ain't stating this is what I would offer for Smith.

Last edited:
What does Ash have to do with this conversation? Fkng hell. 🙄

I'd hope we'd pick A ruck in the MSD. One that could help with developing Oscar. And Begg if we keep him.
We don’t need five rucks on the list given the four main and then others who can come in for emergency cover. Admit one of their careers is over and cut them.

We don’t need five rucks on the list given the four main and then others who can come in for emergency cover. Admit one of their careers is over and cut them.
I don't think anyone thinks Begg will make it as an AFL ruck. And Cox won't be around forever.

With Steene injured for the remainder of the year, it's a no brainer that we'd need to be looking at a ruck who could possibly play forward as well in this year's MSD. Teakle for example.

But get rid of both Steene & Begg at the end of the year as you've been advocating? No. If we went that route, we'd have no VFL rucks & only an ageing Cox & Cameron with Frampton as backup in the AFL.

I don't think anyone thinks Begg will make it as an AFL ruck. And Cox won't be around forever.

With Steene injured for the remainder of the year, it's a no brainer that we'd need to be looking at a ruck who could possibly play forward as well in this year's MSD. Teakle for example.

But get rid of both Steene & Begg at the end of the year as you've been advocating? No. If we went that route, we'd have no VFL rucks & only an ageing Cox & Cameron with Frampton as backup in the AFL.
You’ve missed it. We cut Steene and Begg at the end of the year and find state league rucks in the same period. See my previous comments on this thread here.

Then at the start of pre-season, we have four minimum VFL-standard rucks to go.

It's an opinion of what could transpire in the trade scenario to get Smith over the line if he nominates us, judging by our trading history of picks.
I ain't stating this is what I would offer for Smith.
I've got no idea what Smith is worth - my post was simply a swipe (maybe a snipe?) at stake vs steak

You’ve missed it. We cut Steene and Begg at the end of the year and find state league rucks in the same period. See my previous comments on this thread here.

Then at the start of pre-season, we have four minimum VFL-standard rucks to go.
I didn't miss anything Kinder.

Steene won't be cut. He was our first choice for SSP last year. He's now injured.

I know you think you know everything and talk as if you have inside knowledge. It's becoming quite tiresome tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back