List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane sure will need points, I think Ashcroft will end up a top 5 pick by the end of the year. For me personally, I have him 1 or 2, this kid is the equal of his brother and some say better. He's AFL ready now
I think today he won the medal for best player on the ground v the Doggies VFL team.

Only problem with Moyle is that I don't think he can play forward.

I wouldn’t be knocking back a potentially elite ruck cause they have no track record forward - like looking a gift horse in the mouth

I saw him take a mark inside 50 when he played as a 18 year old for Collingwood VFL.

And took 7 marks yesterday…

What’s more Cameron can rest forward

We still have our 2025 1st.
Also, won't the Lions need points for Levi Ashcroft?
We'll have a couple of 2nd rounders, so maybe we can trade up to their 1st.
We only have Hawthorns 2nd rounder for 2024. They have our 2nd rounder and our 4th. We have their 2nd and 3rd.

2024 draft hand
Hawks 2nd
Hawks 3rd
Our 3rd
Nothinng in 1st or 4th round

As it stands now our our 2024 draft hand is worth 1529 points while Lions 1st rounder is worth 1752 points so that deal is a no go on current ladder positions.

I wouldn’t be knocking back a potentially elite ruck cause they have no track record forward - like looking a gift horse in the mouth

I saw him take a mark inside 50 when he played as a 18 year old for Collingwood VFL.

And took 7 marks yesterday…

What’s more Cameron can rest forward

Yeah I agree.

I think I mentioned it earlier but for me Moyle/Cameron will be a better set up than Cameron/Cox from next season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Depends how Steene develops . And Begg too for that matter. Ideal second ruck size

I’m calling time on Begg at the end of the season. I’m not seeing anything that tells me he’s going to make it at AFL level.

Steene I see potential in, mainly as a forward/ruck. I’d be giving him some further time to develop in the hope he can then take over from Cameron.

I’d therefore be rolling with Moyle and Cameron in the 1’s with Cox and Steene in the 2’s. Preferably with another forward tall enough to chop out if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We only have Hawthorns 2nd rounder for 2024. They have our 2nd rounder and our 4th. We have their 2nd and 3rd.

2024 draft hand
Hawks 2nd
Hawks 3rd
Our 3rd
Nothinng in 1st or 4th round

As it stands now our our 2024 draft hand is worth 1529 points while Lions 1st rounder is worth 1752 points so that deal is a no go on current ladder positions.
So we need Brisbane to win a few games and the Hawks to stay bottom few. The Hawks 2nd, assuming they stay very low, could be traded for more points.

But, I would be surprised if the Lions didn’t improve from 13th.

So we need Brisbane to win a few games and the Hawks to stay bottom few. The Hawks 2nd, assuming they stay very low, could be traded for more points.

Suns have like 3 first rounders, you'd think they would trade with one another.

Carlton are also someone who might be willing to trade their first for the Camporeale twins, I know they are playing pretty average footy but Lions will probably end up finishing between 10-6th. Only problem with these trying to get these 1sts is Richmond have whole bunch of picks and points.

GC are after a rebounder and we have a whole bunch as it stands now GC have 8, 10, 20, 26 picks 20 and 26 might be the only one that is likely and in reality the latter might be one we could snag.

Carlton are also someone who might be willing to trade their first for the Camporeale twins, I know they are playing pretty average footy but Lions will probably end up finishing between 10-6th. Only problem with these trying to get these 1sts is Richmond have whole bunch of picks and points.

GC are after a rebounder and we have a whole bunch as it stands now GC have 8, 10, 20, 26 picks 20 and 26 might be the only one that is likely and in reality the latter might be one we could snag.
We might have to get creative. Which of our rebounders do you have in mind. Would JFN get us pick 26, is it worth giving up Noble for 26. Either way, we have some serious wheeling and dealing to do

We might have to get creative. Which of our rebounders do you have in mind. Would JFN get us pick 26, is it worth giving up Noble for 26. Either way, we have some serious wheeling and dealing to do
I think big decisions are coming.
It won’t matter if we win the flag or not - either way, IMO, we’ll re-shape the list

FAs, RFAs, trading fir picks or players are all on the cards
Again, just my opinion, but I think we’ll lose some favourites + others with potential in forced retirements / trades

Basically, in terms of points - the two third rounders might be able to move the Hawks second rounder up a few spots - not very far. Carlton, Bris or one of the acadmey teams if they have a first round player might finish high enough for it to get into the end of the first round - assuming the Hawks stay at the bottom. But who knows what will happen in terms of trade week and other deals that change things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming the rules are changed this year, it’s likely Brisbane will need to retain a first rounder to match a first round bid.

Assuming the rules are changed this year, it’s likely Brisbane will need to retain a first rounder to match a first round bid.
I think the talk is, that this new rule would more likely come in 2025, given most clubs have traded future picks last year, so the afl may think it unfair too spring this on them and they are unable to plan.

I think big decisions are coming.
It won’t matter if we win the flag or not - either way, IMO, we’ll re-shape the list

FAs, RFAs, trading fir picks or players are all on the cards
Again, just my opinion, but I think we’ll lose some favourites + others with potential in forced retirements / trades
it might be easy as adding a quality midfielder or two. McStay, Freddy, Ayre and Dean might be backed in as far as talls go. who knows but I think we can still contend over the next few years

That was the player I had in mind, but it was a hypothetical and would probably only do it for pick 20, reason being it may help us procure a 1st for this year. If we managed to get a pick between 12-14 it would be massive help at the trade table.

Also how many early draft picks does one team need.

I also think that while we are trying to win a flag this year I do not think the next trade and draft period year will have us immediately back in contention. It may take a couple especially if some of our younger talent don't develop.

Kind of why I think getting creative is important.

Last edited:
Collingwood don’t have a big history of giving away players in trades but we may have to start if we want to be agressive. We’ve lost players we don’t want to lose but don’t often tend to offer up an asset to strengthen our hand.

Collingwood don’t have a big history of giving away players in trades but we may have to start if we want to be agressive. We’ve lost players we don’t want to lose but don’t often tend to offer up an asset to strengthen our hand.
I don’t know many teams that offer up best 22/3 players. Most trades are either those that want out, or those on fringe.

In terms of fringe for us: Markov, reef, macrae, Kreuger, Johnson, etc don’t have any currency.

Not really anything to be gained

I don’t know many teams that offer up best 22/3 players. Most trades are either those that want out, or those on fringe.

In terms of fringe for us: Markov, reef, macrae, Kreuger, Johnson, etc don’t have any currency.

Not really anything to be gained
Reef and Macrae would sell for a third each, we might eek the same for AJ but that would only be based on historical form.

Kreuger and Markov have no value, correct.

Reef and Macrae would sell for a third each, we might eek the same for AJ but that would only be based on historical form.

Kreuger and Markov have no value, correct.
Thank the Lord you're not the list manager, Reef and Macrae for a third each, if you're being so generous why not make it just a third! What an absurd idea and that's why there's an exactly zero % chance of it happening.

Thank the Lord you're not the list manager, Reef and Macrae for a third each, if you're being so generous why not make it just a third! What an absurd idea and that's why there's an exactly zero % chance of it happening.
How much currency do you think they have?

Look at previous trades for players who perform well in the state leagues.

Lipinski probably a good recent option that’s similar to Macrae. Cost a third. He had more games under his belt but was older.

Reef, harder to find a comparison but fourth rounders are worth nothing, and he’s certainly not worth a second. Would he simply be delisted? No. The club will re-sign to him a one year contract, probably two.

Jarrod Witts was traded for pick 44 and 66

That's the price for Moyle.

Witts had more hype, anyone who knew anything about him always knew he would be a very good ruck.

Always needed to be the number 1 ruck to succeed.

it might be easy as adding a quality midfielder or two. McStay, Freddy, Ayre and Dean might be backed in as far as talls go. who knows but I think we can still contend over the next few years
Absolutely. A trade period like last year where we added McStay and Mitchell - the KPF and inside mid we needed and Bobby to ramp up our style for not much in trade is what we'll need to do. Sydney did it this year with Grundy, Adams and a KPD to top off their list. It can be done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back