List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really hoping that wasn’t the case Jen but thought it likely.

I’d still probably chase Moyle as a first ruck as Cameron can drift forward and from next year a Moyle/Cameron setup will be better than Cox/Cameron.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we value marking from our ruck - both up forward and dropping back into the defensive hole. I suspect that another club will chase him harder than we do - if we value him at all.

angry clint eastwood GIF
Surely Bruzz or Beau could arrange an accidentally on purpose medical retirement………too soon?:think:

I view Tassie coming in differently to most. I think it advantages teams up the top who are looking to top up - eg. us - rather than teams in the bottom half looking to add through the draft. The most talented youth will go to a team likely to struggle. It'll be harder to rise, but it won't affect a team's ability to top up. And then 3 years later we'll raid them to get our next stars - once Jordy and Moore are on the way out.
Tassie will have to trade out some of their high picks anyway. They want Tassie to succeed early so they’ll be wanting them poach established players. But our job is to use Melbourne and the size to become attractive to young players.

When their first deals expire, we swoop again as the list concessions contract.

Tassie will have to trade out some of their high picks anyway. They want Tassie to succeed early so they’ll be wanting them poach established players. But our job is to use Melbourne and the size to become attractive to young players.

When their first deals expire, we swoop again as the list concessions contract.

The AFL have previously made it so that expansion clubs didn't have to trade to poach. I can't remember the actual rules in the past regarding contracted or uncontracted players, but I'd be expecting them to be able to poach without trading.

The AFL have previously made it so that expansion clubs didn't have to trade to poach. I can't remember the actual rules in the past regarding contracted or uncontracted players, but I'd be expecting them to be able to poach without trading.

Likely they’ll do both.

He hasn't said we're the front runner at all. He said Collingwood and North may be in the hunt, and the Saints were keen 18 months ago.
Stake knives as part of the potential Smith trade, we take Lobb's salary off their books.
Smith/Lobb for our F1st and this year's 2nd, plus Dogs get salary cap relief?

I think we value marking from our ruck - both up forward and dropping back into the defensive hole. I suspect that another club will chase him harder than we do - if we value him at all.

I like the marking ruckman too. It’s a huge benefit being 200+ and they need to be able to take advantage of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RISING SUN TO WAIT ON TALKS​

GOLD Coast ruck Ned Moyle continues to attract rival interest, but is set to leave a decision on his future until after the midway point of the season as he continues to vie for a spot in the Suns' senior team.

Moyle has established himself as one of the VFL's elite rucks, but has struggled to crack Gold Coast's best side due to the consistency of co-captain Jarrod Witts and the emergence of top-10 pick and Academy graduate Ethan Read.

He has played just three AFL games in four seasons on the club's list, but has dominated at reserves level and continued to impress last weekend with 23 disposals, 34 hitouts and nine clearances in a draw with Sydney.

Moyle's work against AFL-listed opponents – last week's performance came against Peter Ladhams, while the week before he had 19 touches, 43 hitouts and a goal against Hawthorn's Ned Reeves – has caught the attention of rival scouts.

The 204cm Moyle was monitored closely by opposition teams last year as well, but opted to see out his contract at the Suns, although that deal expires this season and is bound to make the 22-year-old a more attractive prospect.

Moyle was a mid-season recruit at Gold Coast, arriving halfway through the 2021 campaign.

Get him

We only have 2 rucks on list in Cameron and Steene

Last year or early this year, I thought that I read Sidey had quietly signed an extension that seems him fall out contract in 2025. It was reported by HUN in my memory. Not sure on truth, does someone know more?

I know everywhere says 2024 but it was quietly done with no announcement.

Today’s game screamed VFL and the statistics are damning.

Harrison, in his limited minutes, managed to have more impact as a third year, under five games player. Steele, with 300 under his belt, looked lost.

Steene really is speculative at best
It’s controversial to say this but he’s vulnerable to being cut. We let go of McMahon and Ruscoe, both talls and were given a short window. Sure, talls take time but you can reduce that time by playing the ruck merry-go-round for some cheapie or looking to the state leagues and finding one who’s having 20+ HOs a week and would improve the team. Steene has some highlights but so does every player.

At the moment, the best VFL ruck is … Liam Purcell who probably wouldn’t be playing if Steene was not injured.

Lobb could be a straight replacement for Kreuger …although I’m still not convinced Freddy is a write off. Needs a massive back half of 2024 to survive though
He’s managed 7 senior games in nearly 2 and a half years with us. I wouldn’t hold my breath on him doing anything noteworthy.

He’s managed 7 senior games in nearly 2 and a half years with us. I wouldn’t hold my breath on him doing anything noteworthy.
Even if he did manage a senior game by some miracle, it’s not a guarantee he lasts until the end of the match.

Stake knives as part of the potential Smith trade, we take Lobb's salary off their books.
Smith/Lobb for our F1st and this year's 2nd, plus Dogs get salary cap relief?

The Dogs would make that deal in a heart beat. Shocking deal for us.

For taking Lobb (who is surplus to their requirements) and his salary off their books we should give them a fourth rounder and they give us a second rounder and Lobb. Lobb is bang average.

The Dogs would make that deal in a heart beat. Shocking deal for us.

For taking Lobb (who is surplus to their requirements) and his salary off their books we should give them a fourth rounder and they give us a second rounder and Lobb. Lobb is bang average.
If his salary is as big as they say, it will be need to be more than a second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back