News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Wright will go elsewhere.
He will either return or take a break.
Smartest move for the AFL would be to have him head the Tassie List.
Be ok if he stayed with us for a year - helped his replacement settle in then did the Tassie thing - he is a Taswegian

Apparently it's now Fly's fault...

What a load of BS. Everyone from the youngest of ages is taught to free there arms when being tackled.

The truth is, the AFL have made a rod for their own backs. By legislating the “drop of the knees” and not paying any high free kicks to Ginnivan, it has given opposition players a licence to be reckless when tackling him. A couple of concussions to Ginni due to poor umpiring and the AFL will be shitting themselves.

The rule doesn’t need to be changed. Duck INTO the tackle, play on. Tackler still needs to tackle properly.

What a load of BS. Everyone from the youngest of ages is taught to free there arms when being tackled.

The truth is, the AFL have made a rod for their own backs. By legislating the “drop of the knees” and not paying any high free kicks to Ginnivan, it has given opposition players a licence to be reckless when tackling him. A couple of concussions to Ginni due to poor umpiring and the AFL will be shitting themselves.

The rule doesn’t need to be changed. Duck INTO the tackle, play on. Tackler still needs to tackle properly.
What’s even funnier is that when Gin played VFL….guess what? He got high free kicks.

In fact, I made the comment that the only sure thing on his debut was that he’d play for (and get) a high free.

….last time I checked, Fly wasn’t even coach then.
Love to call that guy out.

Would be a bit of a kick in the guts if he were to leave after we talked him into not resigning by keeping his job available upon his return.

But hey, if we were to go B2B without him, that could soften the blow.
As a general rule if someone wants to resign, let them go.

It would be inherently poor management by the club if we got our two most senior coaches split duties which would make them less effective on coaching our actual problems while we’re trying to defend a premiership.

If Wright were to leave anyway it would simply not be good enough by senior executives at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do they come up with the stat?
No clue.

Edit : just googled this. Not sure how much it helps or if it even answers the question.

Pressure Points: Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2. Pressure Points Per Minute: Pressure points per minute of time on ground.

Last edited:
No clue.

Edit : just googled this. Not sure how much it helps or if it even answers the question.

Pressure Points: Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2. Pressure Points Per Minute: Pressure points per minute of time on ground.
How many people do the stat takers have taking stats? Someone recording every time someone closes, chases, corrals.

How many people do the stat takers have taking stats? Someone recording every time someone closes, chases, corrals.

I once knew somebody who did this. Don’t know / remember the full details, but it seemed like it may have been some kind of sports training course where they treat students like some kind of sweatshop labour to watch games and capture stats. I got the impression the stats were very thorough.

3 years and a flag, I can live with that

I can't.

How many flags was he a part of at the Hawks?

I want more years of service thanks Graham.

While we agreed to allow Wright to take his 6 month holiday in preference of him resigning, I'm sure we only did that with the understanding he would resume his football manager role upon his return.

No benefit to us if that didn't happen.

I'd be pretty annoyed if he jumped ship given our two most credentialed assistants are fulfilling duties once the domain of Wright and are no longer line coaches in 2024.

It's quite possible that's played a part in our average start to the season.

I can't.

How many flags was he a part of at the Hawks?

I want more years of service thanks Graham.

While we agreed to allow Wright to take his 6 month holiday in preference of him resigning, I'm sure we only did that with the understanding he would resume his football manager role upon his return.

No benefit to us if that didn't happen.

I'd be pretty annoyed if he jumped ship given our two most credentialed assistants are fulfilling duties once the domain of Wright and are no longer line coaches in 2024.

It's quite possible that's played a part in our average start to the season.
I reckon the fact that we don't have Hodge, Lake, Mitchell, buddy, Roughead, Lewis and Rioli might have more to it than GW having a holiday.

I reckon the fact that we don't have Hodge, Lake, Mitchell, buddy, Roughead, Lewis and Rioli might have more to it than GW having a holiday.

We didn't have them last season either.

We have a Leppitsch and Bolton however and they aren't being fully utilised in the roles we recruited them for this season thanks to the absence of Wright.

The days of the senior coach being the Messiah are gone IMO and it's the talent of your entire coaching panel that holds the key to being the best version of yourself.

Until we prove that the absence of Leppitsch and Bolton as line coaches hasn't had a negative impact it remains a live and ongoing issue of concern.

We have a Leppitsch and Bolton however and they aren't being fully utilised in the roles we recruited them for this season thanks to the absence of Wright.

The days of the senior coach being the Messiah are gone IMO and it's the talent of your entire coaching panel that holds the key to being the best version of yourself.

Until we prove that the absence of Leppitsch and Bolton as line coaches hasn't had a negative impact it remains a live and ongoing issue of concern.
That's true but if you want to build a dynasty, you need all those players. The question is, do we have the same side to build a dynasty. Only time will tell

Didn't Leppa & Bolton want to expand their roles anyway..they were both being chased by other clubs for roles other than assistant coaching. Not sure we would have been able to keep them if we were only offering them what they were doing in 2023. With GW taking annual leave, both Leppa & Bolton could also take up some of these extra responsibilities in their new roles.

Didn't Leppa & Bolton want to expand their roles anyway..they were both being chased by other clubs for roles other than assistant coaching. Not sure we would have been able to keep them if we were only offering them what they were doing in 2023. With GW taking annual leave, both Leppa & Bolton could also take up some of these extra responsibilities in their new roles.

The changes to their roles were already done and in place for this season, so we had them locked down.

Those roles didn't include Wright's role as he announced that he was leaving a few months later.

Reading this article and then reading today's in the paper about Steele and I do wonder why we aren't trying Steele as a forward pocket.

I think he could still be incredibly useful there and even genuinely dangerous

He hasn't lost his smarts or ability to find/track the ball. Beau, Bobby and Jamie could all play further up the field and we have other options for the wing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back