News Collingwood News & Media

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t reckon Lippa or even Beau could do it?
What I am saying is that you would only move Sidebottom when there is someone else you could believe would do it better. Until then things stay as they are. Beau would run up and down like a headless chook fumbling, second grabbing and not getting enough possessions. Lippa might be an adequate replacement, but let's not pretend he is top 10 draft material like Sidey.

Collingwood star Nick Daicos insists the Magpies have solidified their “DNA”, and has declared he will be ready for tagger Willem Drew in Saturday’s heavyweight clash against fellow premiership contender Port Adelaide at the MCG.

After a tumultuous start to the season when they lost their opening three games, the Magpies have rebounded with two victories, against fellow 2023 grand finalist Brisbane, and a five-point thriller against the winless Hawks.

Their ball movement has improved, while their willingness to pressure was on show against the Hawks with a rating of 202, becoming only the third team to break the 200 mark this season to that point

Coming off the bye, Daicos said on Monday that the premiers were fresh, and building towards striking top form “by the right time of the season” after the supporter angst that resulted from their sluggish start to the season.

“It’s an interesting start to the season. We probably didn’t start the way we wanted to in terms of wins and losses,” Daicos said, having served breakfast at the Magpies’ Nest Cafe to Melbourne’s homeless and disadvantaged community.

“I think the foundation of our game was there, and we have kept building on that, and we have been rewarded the last couple of weeks with wins. So, I think we are heading in the right direction, for sure, and we are starting to see the [pressure] DNA of our game come to fruition.

“It’s something that we pride ourselves on. As I said, it’s the foundation of our game, our pressure. We will continue to bring that for weeks to come. It’s something that we really practice throughout the week.”

Daicos is averaging a team-high 29.8 disposals per game, and had a season-high five tackles against the Hawks, coming after coach Craig McRae had lamented the “fundamental errors” his team was making. Daicos averaged almost four tackles per game last year, but had only laid two in each of the losses to Sydney and the Giants.

Now come the Power and Drew. The Magpies won each of their contests last season, although Drew was praised for helping to curb Daicos in round 19, when the playmaker was held to 25 touches, having averaged 33 to that point of the season. Drew had 16 possessions, and a career-high 16 tackles that night in Adelaide.
Daicos is often the focus of tagger speculation, and understands what’s needed to shed the shadow.
“I think just being flexible. It might not be my day, but helping the team, and sort of helping to break their (opponent’s) system. I think if we can make it two versus one around the ground, and manipulate that tag, (that’s) where it works best. As I said, I can play a number of roles, so as long as we get the win at the end of the day, I’ll be happy,” he said.
Veteran star Scott Pendlebury (fractured rib) faces a fight to prove his fitness, while Daicos said Nathan Murphy (concussion protocols) continues to work towards a return via the VFL.

“I think he is progressing well. It’s obviously a slow process, a bit of a frustrating one for Murph, so we are just getting right behind him,” Daicos said.

Fantastic to see the creation of the Barrawarn room at the Collingwood training centre. A safe and welcoming place for First Nations people.

See Leon’s comments below.

Collingwood champion Leon Davissaid he was pleased to see the Club create an environment such as the Barrawarn Room.

“This is a great example of Collingwood listening to First Nations people and acting,” Davis said.

“The Barrawarn Room is a result of the work of so many people over a number of years and I want to acknowledge each of those community members for the input they had and for their role in shaping our Club.

“The space is a safe environment where we can come together to meet, yarn, reflect and celebrate our history and contributions to Australian Football.

“While the Barrawarn Room is mainly for our First Nations people, we will hold Cultural Education sessions for players, staff and key stakeholders in that space too.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Young women demand more maintenance.
Bux bought this upon himself.
Still don’t believe he couldn’t stump up the expected return of $100k himself to pay off the ex Mrs.
Bucks would be on a lot of money. Maybe it’s channel Seven being the scum bags they are famous for.

Seems strange. How much could he possibly raise?
I wouldn’t look at this in isolation within the divorce.

I’d say that him letting go of this is seen as a great win by Tania, and has probably enabled Bux to keep something else far more important.
Maybe even the two medals.

At least that’s how it went in my separation.
And equally, nothing like a good looking new girlfriend to add some heat to it!

I’d love Club42 or some other entity to purchase some of it and give it back to Bux.

But you never know, maybe he just thought it was time to clean out the pool room.

Still don’t believe he couldn’t stump up the expected return of $100k himself to pay off the ex Mrs.
How do you know he bRought it upon himself?
I’d be pretty disappointed as a sportsperson if my ex made me buy back my own memorabilia.
It’s probably a rabbit hole I/we shouldn’t go down so I’ll leave it there.

I’d be pretty disappointed as a sportsperson if my ex made me buy back my own memorabilia.
My Ex included our children's savings and shares in the settlement - as they say, all heaven and hell hath no fury like a women scourned!

Actually think “buy back” is hyperbole - like any divorce it would have been an asset spilt where the wife got a concession/ asset of equal value.

Bucks would be on a lot of money. Maybe it’s channel Seven being the scum bags they are famous for.
Nah. It's just assets being split and he doesn't value them highly enough to pay half of what they can be sold for.

They're joint owned assets accrued during the marriage. His wife owns a percentage of the asset.

They're joint owned assets accrued during the marriage. His wife owns a percentage of the asset.
He's likely to be able to get a discount for any assets that he brought into the marriage, e.g., his Port Adelaide jumper, (as Tanya is too) - the problem is, the assets are valued at the time that they were brought into the marriage (not current market value), so if the assets have accrued value over the life of the marriage, then that improved value is shared.

Read somewhere there was a dispute on the value, hence the auction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back