Preview Changes vs Brisbane

Is it curtains for Curtin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Himmelberg has the hardness of Sholl in a 200cm frame with the skills of McHenry and gets towelled up in the ruck
There may be some truth in what you say, although his skills are definitely many levels above McHenry (I have seen him kick goals from at least the 50m mark, and vague memories of some from beyond that... perhaps on the run), but for team balance until Thilthorpe returns, he is the best option, and the one to keep the seat warm.

Out: Jones, Smith, McHenry
In: Schoenberg, Berry, Dowling

One of the ins as the sub. I’d keep Himmelberg. His two games have been superior to anything Gollant has done this year in the seniors… and let’s face it, Gollant kicking five against Ports reserves means very, very little. Glad he did it, but still… they stink.

Jones, Smith and McHenry have all ranged from below average to outright stinky this year too. Time to give another few players a chunk of games to see how they go.

As much as Himmelberg stank, I don’t think we can make a change there. I think we need Himmelberg to play that Thilthorpe role. Gollant is too similar to Walker & Fog. We need someone with a bit more height who can still under the long ball and at least bring it to ground.
Burgess can probablg play a bitter bigger than Gollant/Walker/Fog and crash a pack but even he didn’t provide that enough early in the season.

I’d try Himmelberg again. He is frustrating though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what to do about our wingmen

Cook they're using mostly forward and can't find it there. Thought he looked good Q1 against Melbourne on the wing but we abandoned it instantly.
Cook has played on the wing plenty. It's been his primary role since he came into the side, he lines up on the wing at many centre bounces and a lot of his disposals have come outside of the forward line as he follows the play and/or his opponent.

Even last night with his four disposals, three of them came in defence, but go check out his heat maps or watch some footage of centre bounces from earlier games. Unfortunately Cook just isn't getting much of the ball even when he's given licence to go find it. Similar problem to Jones, though Jones is obviously getting more of the ball.

Schoenberg and Murphy are the guys I could potentially see coming in. Taylor should be next up for a debut but I think Schoenberg would be ahead of him.

In terms of outs, Cook or McHenry maybe. Those should definitely be the two closest to being dropped. Not sure we will actually make any changes though.
Murphy did nothing in the SANFL game - well the bits I watched

#geez just checked 19 disposals he must have had a big first half!

Smith into the 22...? I hope not. Hasn't looked up to it this season. And who'd go out?

Murphy into the 22...? For Ned perhaps?

Ned out for Taylor and Smith not in would be a dream
Murphy was horrible in SANFL, barely hit a target and I'm not one of his perennial haters. Like McHenry I'll give credit where & when its due but neither have been to the level this year. Murphy at his best last year was decent enough but on this years form he's a mile off right now. I'd be bringing in Schoenberg before him who carved Port in the SANFL yesterday in that first half in particular.

Out Smith, Jones and McHenry
In Schoenberg, Taylor and Dowling

Now does anyone think we’d be worse off with those changes whilst debuting another 2 players? Well maybe Nicks and Wayne
I'd keep Jones. I know he's not at his best right now, but his ability to tackle and tackle hard, is something few of our guys have. He is one of the few in the league that can tackle JHF and bring him to a complete stop.

Sholls had two good games in a row
Still the dump kicks out of D50 and kicking to contests that let him down, if he's going to put the work in to push back and help then just blindly kick it back to the opposition when he feels some heat we are better off with someone else.
He needs to be using his best asset (kicking) to find space and open zones.
Score from turnover is huge and unfortunately he's a weak link.

Murphy was horrible in SANFL, barely hit a target and I'm not one of his perennial haters. Like McHenry I'll give credit where & when its due but neither have been to the level this year. Murphy at his best last year was decent enough but on this years form he's a mile off right now. I'd be bringing in Schoenberg before him who carved Port in the SANFL yesterday in that first half in particular.
The worst thing is, as a 'leader', he's doing the same selfish crap a number of our other entitled players do. He demands the ball when in a worse position than the guy with the ball purely for stats and abuses teammates when they don't pass to him.
Not what I'd want from a leader.

Sholl isn’t going out this week no matter what people think.
Sholl was good.
One of the big criticism has been his physical play. Last night there were multiple times he had to put his body on the line and he did it successfully every single time.
He deserves to play if he's going to do that.

Back