Preview Changes/Preview – Round 11 vs. Euro-Yroke (St Kilda)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Hore unavailable, Petty definitely has to go back.

JVR for BBB the obvious in/out. BBB discarded to the "never again please" pile.

Langdon for Billings, Billings into the same pile as BBB.

I want Sparrow out for Sestan too but I don't think Goody has it in him. But we have a spare spot with Lever out and Petty (hopefully) shuffled, so at least give Sestan a crack.
With lever out for a couple... I was hoping that we get the chance to see Turner in that 'intercept role', but he too is out for a similar 2 to 3... bugga.
Hore as well.

Langers has been in good form, this year. we missed him.

To me, Billings has been disappointing, Re his kicking to field position, and for Goal, especially.
I would bring back Hunter.

BBB out for the return of JvR, but, IF Petty does go back, then????

From Sunday's game re Clarry:

#1 on ground for contested possessions
#1 on ground for clearances
#3 on ground for tackles
#1 on ground ground ball gets

He wasn't great, but dropping him after that game, in the context of what we were bad at, is classic BigFooty whipping boy stuff.
They're only stats.

If your constantly in the middle you cannot help but get numbers. he was bog ordinaire.

I'm in the "drop the campaigner" camp. He looks unfit, his second efforts are shocking, his tackles are poor.
I've caught the odd glimpse of what he was, but it's not enough. I want to see him at his rabid best and if it means having a "training block" or whatever then do it.
I wonder if his desire to be the absolute best he can be has vanished; like Dusty's seems to have.

They're only stats.

If your constantly in the middle you cannot help but get numbers. he was bog ordinaire.

Ok, well from the same game, same team, same role...

Jack Viney
9th for contested possessions
6th for clearances
2nd for tackles
7th for ground ball gets

Fair criticism is fine, but it's silly how the pile on goes more over the top with every post here.

According to a Demonland track watcher, Disco was spotted at Gosch's today doing what seemed like a fitness test.
2-3 weeks according to today's injury report, so can't see how he plays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-3 weeks according to today's injury report, so can't see how he plays.

Same injury report has Spargo as 2-3 weeks. He was 2-3 weeks 3 weeks ago. Injuries are unpredictable at times.

If Disco was doing a fitness test as suspected they wouldn't be doing that without thinking he could be a chance.

Sorry this is gonna be a long ass doomy gloomy post

I've tried so hard to be positive about this team and feel like I'm usually the one to tell the negative supporters to settle down but it sucks cos you were all right in the end lol

I'm in my early-mid 20s with a big social life but I've always tried my best to make it to every Dees game and go to them as well. I've been to 27 Melbourne games since the flag and all I've recieved back is 90% of it being boring, s**t footy and a double straight sets exit.

I sorta called it after the semi final that I would go to a lot less footy this year and after last nights loss I've never been more determined to keep it that way. In fact last nights game was the first time in a long time I'd switched off halfway through the third quarter and got on with my life.
Hell I would've felt a bit better about last night if we managed to get 90+ with Fritsch kicking a bag or something, that's actually fun to watch

Like I went to Melbourne vs Geelong with my Girlfriend and her Brother who are mad Geelong fans, and as fun as that last quarter was, it was a crappy game. At half time they were saying this is the worst game they've ever seen and I was like yeah that's most Melbourne games.

I sat through plenty of drubbings at MCG and waited most of my life for us to be a decent team but somehow they've found a way to make it unejoyable and our best year/flag year in another state as well lol.
It's strange, I guess there's a bit of expectation now with team so we want to be more than just competitive.

The bottom line is it's going to be a pretty bad crowd and us fans are going to cop it but the reality I see no reason for us to show up. I genuinely can't be bothered wasting my time and money to watch some s**t footy.
Proper Gander @kateroffey

She never replied you know.

Seriously surprised by this. It wouldn’t be a massive effort to do a form, courtesy reply surely? Nothing at all seems weird. I didn’t swear at her or anything

Love that Demon13304 has joined the doom and gloom after fighting TK and me for the past couple of years.

Welcome to the darkside

darth vader ive been waiting for you GIF

She never replied you know.

Seriously surprised by this. It wouldn’t be a massive effort to do a form, courtesy reply surely? Nothing at all seems weird. I didn’t swear at her or anything
Shouldn't be surprised given she never is around to talk to the media when the shit hits the fan, I bet if you gave her a positive email about the club she would respond. She's your typical board member, just wants to be important and told she and the club is great.

Love that Demon13304 has joined the doom and gloom after fighting TK and me for the past couple of years.

Welcome to the darkside

darth vader ive been waiting for you GIF
Oh shit there is three now.

I’m still holding out. Clayton is tops and Salem is on the cusp of a breakthrough

Oh s**t there is three now.

I’m still holding out. Clayton is tops and Salem is on the cusp of a breakthrough
Top of the meth tree and Salem's breaking through the glass ceiling of being picked when you're no longer on an AFL list anymore

Shouldn't be surprised given she never is around to talk to the media when the s**t hits the fan, I bet if you gave her a positive email about the club she would respond.
I’m going to do it - the happy email I mean.

I actually followed up my original letter after a few weeks enquiring (politely) if I was likely to get a reply. Total silence.

I will try the experiment of a demonland style approach and see if I get an acknowledgment.

Top of the meth tree and Salem's breaking through the glass ceiling of being picked when you're no longer on an AFL list anymore
Now now Kent. Big smile and positive community attitude is what the players need.

I’m bringing some Dr Whoooooooo magic back to our environment

He's my favourite player, I'm still backing him to win the Brownlow and B&F.

( My preseason jinx coming together nicely :sneaky: )
Oh do shut up A11

Same injury report has Spargo as 2-3 weeks. He was 2-3 weeks 3 weeks ago. Injuries are unpredictable at times.

If Disco was doing a fitness test as suspected they wouldn't be doing that without thinking he could be a chance.
Don’t get the sense in adopting a smoke and mirrors approach over the fitness (and potentially rushing back of) a fringe player, but they've done stranger, more pointless things I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back