Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're acting like Anges gameplan doesn't revolve around off the ball movement and only relies on the player with the ball at their feet.
The same off the ball movement that's seen spurs get pumped by 4 and 3 goals in the last month. It's not clicking at all right now and the team looks infinitely better when it goes direct to the wingers the crosses it back in.

The full backs are clogging central space and causing dangerous counters right now, you're really over doing this.

That's fine

We may have a manager who takes that a bit more seriously, we'll see.

EL is good practice for CL/backing up twice a week
I'll believe that when I see it. 40 year anniversary of last taking UEL seriously.

How do you spend the supposed £250m Ange is being afforded this summer?
Probably missed the boat on raiding Palace for Olise and Eze haven't we? We'll have to be creative, would love Luton to stay up but if they do go down Doughty as a backup LB and some decent corner deliveries could be handy, as would Barkley to take minutes off Maddison and having Lo Celso move on. What are some other HG options we could be looking at?

Gibbs White? Yeah but could cost a fortune. Probably raid whichever of he or Barkley go down.

Tosin? On a free, sure?
Lloyd Kelly? Free but injury prone, pass.

Gallagher? Would need to be because the analysts see something major that he brings that MGW or Barkley don't. Not the worst option.

Solanke? Is this season a flash in the pan?

Toney? Nah seems like a dickhead

That's all the names I've seen some tenuous links to for HG options. I think if we make 5 signings at least 2 will be HG

. What are some other HG options we could be looking at?
The U21's did finish the regular season on top of the table, is it time we accept and offer up chances to more of these academy kids?

I will agree that we need more HG numbers in the squad so I expect we go back in for Gallagher and if anyone, I don't mind the idea of Ange trying to take on the challenge of Dele as a free agent either. Thats sentimental but expect that to not happen.

The U21's did finish the regular season on top of the table, is it time we accept and offer up chances to more of these academy kids?

I will agree that we need more HG numbers in the squad so I expect we go back in for Gallagher and if anyone, I don't mind the idea of Ange trying to take on the challenge of Dele as a free agent either. Thats sentimental but expect that to not happen.
Would love to see us promote a few of Donley, Devine, Dorrington, Phillips, Soonsup-Bell, Scarlett, Lankshear, Hall etc

But I doubt Ange will trust any of them until they've had successful loans and only two of that bunch have so far.

I think it's more likely in the EL than in the league or CL. And that's no slight on Ange. Poch made a certain someone bang down the door in the EL before he finally replaced Soldado and adebayor

Would love to see us promote a few of Donley, Devine, Dorrington, Phillips, Soonsup-Bell, Scarlett, Lankshear, Hall etc

But I doubt Ange will trust any of them until they've had successful loans and only two of that bunch have so far.
shame that's been the case. Expect a few to try there luck elsewhere in the summer in loan terms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably missed the boat on raiding Palace for Olise and Eze haven't we? We'll have to be creative, would love Luton to stay up but if they do go down Doughty as a backup LB and some decent corner deliveries could be handy, as would Barkley to take minutes off Maddison and having Lo Celso move on. What are some other HG options we could be looking at?

Gibbs White? Yeah but could cost a fortune. Probably raid whichever of he or Barkley go down.

Tosin? On a free, sure?
Lloyd Kelly? Free but injury prone, pass.

Gallagher? Would need to be because the analysts see something major that he brings that MGW or Barkley don't. Not the worst option.

Solanke? Is this season a flash in the pan?

Toney? Nah seems like a dickhead

That's all the names I've seen some tenuous links to for HG options. I think if we make 5 signings at least 2 will be HG
I really like Cunha from Wolves but he'll be too expensive. Gallagher is a player you bring in because spurs don't play with a ball winning 6 so Gallagher will help press higher up the field to win it back and also work back on transition quick

Barkley I think is a great little addition to pad out the squad.

I don't think spurs need to waste money on HG players now they have a good amount and they can pad out the bottom of the 25 man squad with academy players for the Europa League

Onana and Olise would be gold.

I think it's more likely in the EL than in the league or CL. And that's no slight on Ange. Poch made a certain someone bang down the door in the EL before he finally replaced Soldado and adebayor
How have you named all those academy players and left off the guy who is younger than all of them and has spent recent training sessions with the first team?

I really like Cunha from Wolves but he'll be too expensive. Gallagher is a player you bring in because spurs don't play with a ball winning 6 so Gallagher will help press higher up the field to win it back and also work back on transition quick

Barkley I think is a great little addition to pad out the squad.

I don't think spurs need to waste money on HG players now they have a good amount and they can pad out the bottom of the 25 man squad with academy players for the Europa League

Onana and Olise would be gold.
Do we have enough HG as it stands? I thought we were a few short now that Sarr doesn't count as one

How have you named all those academy players and left off the guy who is younger than all of them and has spent recent training sessions with the first team?
Ha

He won't be playing first team football next year. He's barely played u21s this year

He's the brightest talent we've had for a while but he may at best feature in cup squads next season

Last edited:
Do we have enough HG as it stands? I thought we were a few short now that Sarr doesn't count as one
You need 4 club HG and 4 UK players. Think spurs have 4 UK players already so they don't need to waste money on an English player. They'll have a 21 man squad already then 4 academy players to fill out the 25

Davies, Maddison, Forster, Johnson are the 4 UK players and that's not counting Phillips or any others that might included next year.

You need 4 club HG and 4 UK players. Think spurs have 4 UK players already so they don't need to waste money on an English player. They'll have a 21 man squad already then 4 academy players to fill out the 25

Davies, Maddison, Forster, Johnson are the 4 UK players and that's not counting Phillips or any others that might included next year.
In europe does Davies count?

Turns out he does. It was Dier that wasn't included as HG in Europe even though he was an England international

It's the 4 club HG that will be the issue in Europe. Might mean Skipp has to stay. And Austin remains as the 2nd or 3rd choice GK. Might mean we do keep hold of Parrott to have a 3rd. And then name a 24 man squad.

Guess it makes sense why some are claiming there's links to signing KWP back as the backup full back. Or even stranger the links to Edwards!

Going to be an interesting decision Ange makes on the midfield and front 3s

Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison
Probably the most likely. But wouldn't be against Kulusevski for Maddison

Really can't pick the 3rd spot alongside Son and Richarlison. Thinking it'll most likely be Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back