Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Already had that with Fulham this is a team who's holding on for dear life to it's position to finish the season

Right but I think the value of this wake up call is Newcastle will likely be our challengers for top 4 next year, a decent look at squad comparison and stage in the “journey”.

All that said, I think spurs will still play a big part in deciding who wins the league , they’ll snatch some unexpected results, there’s enough quality in our starting squad to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right but I think the value of this wake up call is Newcastle will likely be our challengers for top 4 next year, a decent look at squad comparison and stage in the “journey”.

All that said, I think spurs will still play a big part in deciding who wins the league , they’ll snatch some unexpected results, there’s enough quality in our starting squad to get it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quality maybe, form no

Son, Maddison, Udogie, Bentancur, Bissouma, Sarr are all out of form or just meh.

Don't think spurs are getting results against in the next month with Werner and Johnson carrying the team

What should I watch tomorrow, Spurs or Hawks?

..... Change tactics.

We've been figured out and we roll out the same players playing the same way.
May as well sack him if that's the level we want to go to. He won't change.

I don't think it has come that.

Personally I think he's got to stop alienating certain players and playing out of form favourites. It can't be good for squad harmony

Personally I think he's got to stop alienating certain players and playing out of form favourites. It can't be good for squad harmony
I also still think he doesn't know how he wants this team to play, or he does and they can't do it.

Early in the season was Son Charlo and Kulu. 2 guys cutting inside and a target man hold up striker. Play was very central and very centred around Maddox

Fast forward to now it's Werner Son and Johnson, the wingers go outside now and Son is more of a line breaker and poacher.

It's also tough because every guy he starts in the 8 role seems to be struggling in this system ATM. Genuinely couldn't tell you who the best 3 players are to win the next game based on form in the midfield.

I think the slow build up to get the fullbacks into midfield makes it too hard to break teams down and makes spurs vulnerable defensively and too the press, often spurs look best when he tells them to go more direct to the wingers straight after half time.

Caught between 2 different styles of football.

Personally I don't think inverting 2 full backs will ever get spurs to the top in this league.

I also still think he doesn't know how he wants this team to play, or he does and they can't do it.

Early in the season was Son Charlo and Kulu. 2 guys cutting inside and a target man hold up striker. Play was very central and very centred around Maddox

Fast forward to now it's Werner Son and Johnson, the wingers go outside now and Son is more of a line breaker and poacher.

It's also tough because every guy he starts in the 8 role seems to be struggling in this system ATM. Genuinely couldn't tell you who the best 3 players are to win the next game based on form in the midfield.

I think the slow build up to get the fullbacks into midfield makes it too hard to break teams down and makes spurs vulnerable defensively and too the press, often spurs look best when he tells them to go more direct to the wingers straight after half time.

Caught between 2 different styles of football.

Personally I don't think inverting 2 full backs will ever get spurs to the top in this league.
Yeah I can see that too

Also think some context is it being his first season, and the monumental change in approach to what we have previously had.

When you look back at Klopp and Arteta's first couple of seasons there were some ghastly defeats in there too

Yeah I can see that too

Also think some context is it being his first season, and the monumental change in approach to what we have previously had.

When you look back at Klopp and Arteta's first couple of seasons there were some ghastly defeats in there too
Absolutely and there's always room to improve I appreciate it's early
Arteta changed almost the entire team and change the style as well, went from having Zinchenko and White inverting to having a more defensive left back and White being more a tall RB

Klopp started with the heavy metal pressing end to end stuff, this year that play way more direct and often skip the midfield.

Pep started with full backs, then they both inverted, then cancelo was a playmaker, then he ditched cancelo and played a CB on the left.

Long story short Ange will have to evolve.

He needs better players, but also a better system to get right to the top.

Absolutely and there's always room to improve I appreciate it's early
Arteta changed almost the entire team and change the style as well, went from having Zinchenko and White inverting to having a more defensive left back and White being more a tall RB

Klopp started with the heavy metal pressing end to end stuff, this year that play way more direct and often skip the midfield.

Pep started with full backs, then they both inverted, then cancelo was a playmaker, then he ditched cancelo and played a CB on the left.

Long story short Ange will have to evolve.

He needs better players, but also a better system to get right to the top.
I fear this too

Not only will ENIC need to outlay but Ange will need to grow systems aswell

Alot needs to go right to be successful

I fear this too

Not only will ENIC need to outlay but Ange will need to grow systems aswell

Alot needs to go right to be successful
I have as much faith in Ange as anybody, his Aussie team pound for pound is the best Aussie team I've seen. The talent level was crap and we punched against some good teams.

PL is a different beast though. He needs his scouting team to buy young players with world class potential and the academy needs to spit some talent out as well

For as good as Pep Klopp and Arteta are going, KDB, Rodri, Haaland, Foden, Palmer and Stones
Van Dijk, Allison, Trent, Salah
Saliba, Gabriel, Rice, Saka etc all ******* help alot lol

Those guys are in discussion for world XIs

Tottenham don't have anyone there atleast yet anyway

I have as much faith in Ange as anybody, his Aussie team pound for pound is the best Aussie team I've seen. The talent level was crap and we punched against some good teams.

PL is a different beast though. He needs his scouting team to buy young players with world class potential and the academy needs to spit some talent out as well

For as good as Pep Klopp and Arteta are going, KDB, Rodri, Haaland, Foden, Palmer and Stones
Van Dijk, Allison, Trent, Salah
Saliba, Gabriel, Rice, Saka etc all ******* help alot lol

Those guys are in discussion for world XIs

Tottenham don't have anyone there atleast yet anyway
ive been banging on about this for a while now but I feel the academy is close to our most important piece of the puzzle at the moment.

Get the kids into the first team, if we can get one or even two in the 15 - 20 then we don't need to use ENIC money to overpay for a homegrown. Use all that money on one position

ive been banging on about this for a while now but I feel the academy is close to our most important piece of the puzzle at the moment.

Get the kids into the first team, if we can get one or even two in the 15 - 20 then we don't need to use ENIC money to overpay for a homegrown. Use all that money on one position
Even if you produce them just to sell them like city with Palmer etc it's still free money

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Earlier you chastised Davies and Emerson. They're the options for fullback. Ditto Hojbjerg.

You can't have it both ways

Earlier you chastised Davies and Emerson. They're the options for fullback. Ditto Hojbjerg.

You can't have it both ways
To change a game they're useless

Hojberg who I'm not a big fan of keeping, has shown he can change the way we play. And right now would be better than Bissouma

Don't forget what that likely means. 8 Thursday games instead of Tuesday/Wednesday games.
Thursday-Sunday with heavy rotation very good chance to make final 4 in EL

Tue/Wed-Sat-Sunday with less rotation and at best making QF of the CL

I think a CL group stage and 1 round of knockouts hurts us in the league a bit more. Plus I'd rather be in a competition we can actually have a crack at.

Got over this fascination to qualify for the CL after Conte scrapped us in and we were dog s**t in it.

I'm saying start the likes of Lucas Bergvall not Nile John

Give me a good run in the EL than finishing 15-24th in the "champions" league any day

I'm saying start the likes of Lucas Bergvall not Nile John

Give me a good run in the EL than finishing 15-24th in the "champions" league any day
Not "any day" but certainly next season I'm fine with.

Not "any day" but certainly next season I'm fine with.
Just days we can't realistically be a chance to do much damage

At our peak Poch days we could mix it with anyone and it was worth being in there

Right now we are being out coached by Marco Silva and Eddie Howe and making Palinha look like Busquets and Isak R9, that's a Europa league quality team we've got. Hopefully in a couple of years we'll be ready to mix it with the big boys again and make QFs or more in the CL

We will be Arse's fourth game in ten days. Need to put then to the sword.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back