Remove this Banner Ad

City out too.

Not good for 5th but

high roller laughing GIF

City out too.

Not good for 5th but

high roller laughing GIF
Martin getting roasted in the comments.

Not a single Spurs fan would choose cheering on the Gunners to Bradbury CL from 5th.

Genuinely starting to wonder if we are the issue. We may just be cursed.
The ultimate nearly club.

Harry Kane with Bayern's dominance, albeit their worst side in many years, and he's on track for Europe's Golden Shoe.

Eric Dier is a new man at Bayern. Not making anywhere near as many mistakes. Just pocketed Saka in CL QF.

So many others have left and won elsewhere.

Genuinely starting to wonder if we are the issue. We may just be cursed.
The ultimate nearly club.

Harry Kane with Bayern's dominance, albeit their worst side in many years, and he's on track for Europe's Golden Shoe.

Eric Dier is a new man at Bayern. Not making anywhere near as many mistakes. Just pocketed Saka in CL QF.

So many others have left and won elsewhere.
Spursy?

Lucas won a trophy instantly. Sanchez could win the turkish league, with Aurier and Carlos V. And Winks on track to win the championship.

Lloris and Romero have won world cups whilst with us.

If Kane and Dier win the CL we well and truly are cursed.

Udogie out for the rest of the season

Porro out for at least the next game or two

The dreaded Davies and Emerson inversion incoming

Don't think it's likely at all, but a brave experiment from Ange in one of the two spots would be refreshing to see

Sarr at RB? Kulusevski at LB? Skipp at either spot? Someone from the youth to come through? Very unlikely but would rather fail trying something, than fail with two obvious failures in the positions

Udogie out for the rest of the season

Porro out for at least the next game or two

The dreaded Davies and Emerson inversion incoming

Don't think it's likely at all, but a brave experiment from Ange in one of the two spots would be refreshing to see

Sarr at RB? Kulusevski at LB? Skipp at either spot? Someone from the youth to come through? Very unlikely but would rather fail trying something, than fail with two obvious failures in the positions
Sarr maybe, Kulusevki would be a disaster at LB

Sarr maybe, Kulusevki would be a disaster at LB
He wouldn't need to cut onto his left from out there. And is strong on the ball like Udogie.

I actually think he's needed back at RW as teams have figured out none of our front 3 can hold the ball. One of Kulu or Richy have to play

He wouldn't need to cut onto his left from out there. And is strong on the ball like Udogie.

I actually think he's needed back at RW as teams have figured out none of our front 3 can hold the ball. One of Kulu or Richy have to play
I think If you wanna play Kulu you'd play him as an 8, he would get absolutely torched by a winger

I think If you wanna play Kulu you'd play him as an 8, he would get absolutely torched by a winger
In fairness both Porro and Udogie get torched. Mostly because it's where Ange wants them to be and we constantly lose the ball up front. He could only work at LB with a rapid VDV mopping up, like Udogie gets covered by him.

Anything but Davies and Emerson is all I ask. The boredom defeats we will cop will be insufferable

With Porro at RB, sure. Or at LCB.

But we are severely limited when he has to go LB and we have a dud at RB we are ****ed
I think you way over exaggerate this, Udogie hasn't really been firing in attack and has been suspect defensively lately. He's young and developing but Davies can do just fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you way over exaggerate this, Udogie hasn't really been firing in attack and has been suspect defensively lately. He's young and developing but Davies can do just fine.
Watch the absolute lack of output from both full backs this coming period, and you'll see even in a game where Porro and Udogie don't contribute an assist or key pass, that they are involved in us at least doing something interesting as a team with the ball.

We are likely to look as blunt as we did under Stellini but open as heck

Watch the absolute lack of output from both full backs this coming period, and you'll see even in a game where Porro and Udogie don't contribute an assist or key pass, that they are involved in us at least doing something interesting as a team with the ball.

We are likely to look as blunt as we did under Stellini but open as *
You're acting like spurs whole game revolves around the fullbacks when it doesn't. It's been more about Werner and Johnson driving at the byline because the fullbacks and Maddison have been s**t at creating centrally.

With Porro at RB, sure. Or at LCB.

But we are severely limited when he has to go LB and we have a dud at RB we are ****ed
That's an Emerson problem then. There is nothing wrong with Davies at CB or LB. Always been a solid pro who gives solid but not spectacular 7/10 games

You're acting like spurs whole game revolves around the fullbacks when it doesn't. It's been more about Werner and Johnson driving at the byline because the fullbacks and Maddison have been s**t at creating centrally.
You're acting like Anges gameplan doesn't revolve around off the ball movement and only relies on the player with the ball at their feet.

I’d have very nearly picked Davies over Udogie this week anyway.

Udogie has been awful for a couple of months now and desperately needed a break. Now he has to take one.
I was thinking that too, before Porro went off with his hammy

But now we have the fullbacks equivalents of our taupe kit both playing!

That's an Emerson problem then. There is nothing wrong with Davies at CB or LB. Always been a solid pro who gives solid but not spectacular 7/10 games
It's our squads problem having two backups who can't play in the same team without ruining us.

Backup LB and RBs in the summer a must. And the steamed vegetable can survive a few more years as solely the LCB solid understudy

It's our squads problem having two backups who can't play in the same team without ruining us.

Backup LB and RBs in the summer a must. And the steamed vegetable can survive a few more years as solely the LCB solid understudy
Your view on Ben has always been harsh, and wide of the mark

I was thinking that too, before Porro went off with his hammy

But now we have the fullbacks equivalents of our taupe kit both playing!

Look, I get what you are saying but whilst Emerson is not everyone’s cup of tea, I’ll stand up for the guy. He is in my opinion a very good defensive player and always puts in a shift. He certainly doesn’t fit Ange’s system but I have no problem with him as a squad player. It’s not ideal that Ben and Emerson are likely playing at the same time but not much can be done about that right now.

As for Ben, nobody will trash him on my watch (not that you are doing that). Ben is an outstanding pro who has given a decade of utmost dedication to this club when his starting spot has not always been certain.

He has been and remains the perfect squad player.

Spursy?

Lucas won a trophy instantly. Sanchez could win the turkish league, with Aurier and Carlos V. And Winks on track to win the championship.

Lloris and Romero have won world cups whilst with us.

If Kane and Dier win the CL we well and truly are cursed.
Not so much Spursy as I wonder how we break through the glass ceiling, that final hurdle.
It is the hardest hurdle to jump.

If you're a s**t bottom half club and you come into money (newcastle) you can spend big and bypass half the league. As they are finding out this year though the higher you go the richer they get and spending large yields diminishing returns. We have this issue.

And its not watching City or Pool win trophies that highlights it so starkly. It's watching Dier at a top 5 club, which even not winning the league this year Bayern are still that. (Barca, City, PSG, Real, Bayern... etc.) and seeing him become a much better player. Kane has gone to another level, which seems unfathomable given how good he was for us (comparable goals per minute to Henry at Arsenal fwiw).

Golden shoe. UCL SF (at a minimum) and now scoring FK's.
Bale was great here goes on to be (an under-appreciated) great at Madrid. Modric great here, ballon d'or winner at Real.

Not so much Spursy as I wonder how we break through the glass ceiling, that final hurdle.
It is the hardest hurdle to jump.

If you're a s**t bottom half club and you come into money (newcastle) you can spend big and bypass half the league. As they are finding out this year though the higher you go the richer they get and spending large yields diminishing returns. We have this issue.

And its not watching City or Pool win trophies that highlights it so starkly. It's watching Dier at a top 5 club, which even not winning the league this year Bayern are still that. (Barca, City, PSG, Real, Bayern... etc.) and seeing him become a much better player. Kane has gone to another level, which seems unfathomable given how good he was for us (comparable goals per minute to Henry at Arsenal fwiw).

Golden shoe. UCL SF (at a minimum) and now scoring FK's.
Bale was great here goes on to be (an under-appreciated) great at Madrid. Modric great here, ballon d'or winner at Real.

Agree with the overall theme but disagree that Kane has gone to another level. Outside of the top couple of teams the Bundesliga is trash. I follow it pretty closely and suggest that the bottom 6 clubs are barely Championship level. English clubs like Wolves and Brighton would be in the CL hunt over there.

Kane has taken a massive step down in playing that league. Not the club (Bayern) but that league overall. His overall level has remained the same but his numbers are outrageous given the standard of competition he faces week in, week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back