Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSexc

BigFooty Protagonist
Oct 7, 2009
BigFooty
AFL Club
Melbourne
This week could be our most important game in years, we have been good one out of the past three weeks, but only received zero wins.

Just have a look at our next few rounds:

round 9 - PORT ADELAIDE
round 10- GEELONG CATS
round 11 - CARLTON
round 12 - COLLINGWOOD

...then take into account that we have lost the past three.. If my math is correct (and it is) we could be on a 7 loss streak by the end of round 12 if we loss against port. As we then play three of the form (and by form i mean best) teams in the competition.

Surely not even the most delusional of you melbourne supporters thinks we have more than a one in ten chance of winning any of those games from rounds 10 to 12.. certainly not how we have been playing recently.

Which leads us to losing 7 in a row and us being 3 - 9, thus destroying the teams confidence and ending any hope of being more than competitive for the rest of the season...

"...of you melbourne supporters..." We have proof right here that you are in fact not a dees supporter

We always play well against the Pies and I'd say we match up reasonably against the Blues too.

Almost pointless to predict at this stage, we're still too inconsistent to have the feintest idae.

"...of you melbourne supporters..." We have proof right here that you are in fact not a dees supporter

i am not a delusional supporter, just a regular one.

I haven't been around long but it seems like this guy is a serious troll. Why don't mods just lock any and all threads started by him?

yeah it was better without you..

mate i dont troll, just give my opinion and people generally respect it. thats what this is an opinion site and i just want others opinions on mine.

what games do you think we will win tough guy?

This week could be our most important game in years, we have been good one out of the past three weeks, but only received zero wins.

Just have a look at our next few rounds:

round 9 - PORT ADELAIDE
round 10- GEELONG CATS
round 11 - CARLTON
round 12 - COLLINGWOOD

...then take into account that we have lost the past three.. If my math is correct (and it is) we could be on a 7 loss streak by the end of round 12 if we loss against port. As we then play three of the form (and by form i mean best) teams in the competition.

Surely not even the most delusional of you melbourne supporters thinks we have more than a one in ten chance of winning any of those games from rounds 10 to 12.. certainly not how we have been playing recently.

Which leads us to losing 7 in a row and us being 3 - 9, thus destroying the teams confidence and ending any hope of being more than competitive for the rest of the season...

So what is your point ???

The club has said all year, that this season is about development, supporter excitement about a couple of early season wins is only natural after the rough times we have been through... But you wouldn't know about that would you BS ????

mate i dont troll, just give my opinion and people generally respect it. thats what this is an opinion site and i just want others opinions on mine.

Not trying to argue that we could/would/should win any of them. Just don;t understand your constant negativity and seemingly useless posts. Especially the fact that you are not posting this carp in an existing thread, but actually creating a whole new one. Waste. Of. Space.

Edit: I guess what I mean is, who gives a sh1t if we get ourselves on a 7 game losing streak?? We are on the improve and heading in the right direction, with a lot of potential talent, regardless.

I'm not declaring us beat yet, but this potential for a 7 loss streak shows how bad the loss to WC was. Because 5 of the losses will be against top 8 sides, the other was at the dome agains the kangas, the only one that was/will be at our home ground that we were/are expected to win was against the coasters.

I hope this weeks selection and training reflects an increased desire to pressure, tackle and take the game on. That's what we need to do to get an upset.

Agree with what MB said. The WCE loss was awful for our season outlook.

Pretty sure after the Collingwood game we have Adelaide at AAMI and the Saints at Etihad. Could be a while without a win....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol....

We always play well against the Pies and I'd say we match up reasonably against the Blues too.

Almost pointless to predict at this stage, we're still too inconsistent to have the feintest idae.

Sorry, I don't agree that we match up with the Blues well. Their mozzie fleet will destroy our backline. Our strength is our KPDers, but they have no dangerous forwards to play on so they're importance is diminished.

Sorry, I don't agree that we match up with the Blues well. Their mozzie fleet will destroy our backline. Our strength is our KPDers, but they have no dangerous forwards to play on so they're importance is diminished.

Agreed, our backline will get torn to shreds by Betts, Yarran and Garlett if they get anything close to decent delivery from one of the best midfields in the comp.

We should beat Port.
Cats at skilled is damn near impossible, all we can do is hope.
Carlton's hot streak has to end eventually, and if they take us too easy, we'll make em pay.
When it comes to Collingwood, they are very much beatable. We've proved it already, and if Petterd had of taken that mark... we would've already beaten em once.

Certainly Port is the 'most winnable' game of the next 4, but West Coast was suppose to be 'more winnable'. That's footy. 3-9 would be a pretty disappointing result based on the brand of footy we have shown this year outside the Hawthorn and West Coast games, so I hope we snatch 1.

Useless post. Most true supporters know that WE were after 6-8 wins this year for it to be considered a successful season. We are on track for our 6-8 wins after 8 rounds with 3. Our goals don't change because we won 3 in a row in the first 5 rounds and especially not if we go through a losing streak!

If you didn't expect inconsistency this season m, YOU are the delusioned one

all is well for another week, we won a very important game. just

geelong won a hard fought match against collingwood.

hopefully we can put up a good fight against the cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back