VFL 2024 Sandringham Zebras

Remove this Banner Ad

A two year extension isn't a long contract.
True but he already had a year left on his deal, so a two year extension was committing to him on the list for three years, effectively. It was probably worth a crack but his body isn’t holding up and there are big question marks over his ability.

I’m surprised by the hate for Keeler. Yes he makes some mistakes but his agility and leap are insane. I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t make it. So much upside
So we have another one that loves to trot out the Hate word , Christ , its not hate its someone's view on how they see him going ATM

Last edited:
Don’t get so hung up on a word. I’ll rephrase it if you’re feeling precious. I think people focus far too much on his limitations than on his clearly unique athletic attributes. How often do you see a close to 200cm bloke run past for a handball receive and side-step like LDU. You’re entitled to an opinion but there’s plenty of our other draft prospects I’d be far more concerned about.

On Keeler: he was listed by Ross in the last presser as one of the young players to get excited by. I take that to mean the club have faith in him (for now). The only other non-debutant mentioned was Schoenmaker.
They are taking their time with shoey. I’ve watched him closely, serious footy smarts. He’s gonna be a gun

He’s a gun. He just needs to be a bit more aggressive in the contest. But there arnt many players in the afl with his size and skill set
Yea I think he is getting used to his size tbh. Think he might be a bit top heavy but he judges the ball really well and reads the game very well. Excited to see what he can do. A great kick out option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is
Don’t get so hung up on a word. I’ll rephrase it if you’re feeling precious. I think people focus far too much on his limitations than on his clearly unique athletic attributes. How often do you see a close to 200cm bloke run past for a handball receive and side-step like LDU. You’re entitled to an opinion but there’s plenty of our other draft prospects I’d be far more concerned about.

Steven Gaertner, Spencer White, ........
But yeah worth persevering until he's not.

Because of the crazy VFL fixture where Sandy only seems to play 1 week in 3 it’s to try and get some match conditioning into some players.
Dow, Clark,Webster and Howard hopefully get some match practice.
Anyone attend to give us an idea as to who from AFL list played?

ca
Anyone attend to give us an idea as to who from AFL list played?
Dow, Clark, Webster, Howard, Schoenmaker, McLelland, Collard, Keeler, Hayes, Hastie,Wood, Paton, Hotton, O’Connell all played a 4x 15 scratch match. Not sure who others were, possibly Sandy players. Exciting to see Dow get the first centre clearance, he certainly knows a thing or two about inside midfield play. Also a well directed kick from Dow to Hayes for a goal, was a sight for sore eyes. Dow appeared to run out the game ok as did Hayes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back