Opinion 2024 Player X vs Y vs Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Cull D'Ambrosio or McKercher to do my upgrade?
d'ambrosio. lost his half back role to amon. if you dont trade him this week youll likely have to next week considering his rising BE

personally trading both out so i can get martin and gawn in

not a fan of mckercher playing in the middle instead of off half back. he likely makes 70k more but martin and gawn's BE will make that this week alone

Merrett vs Rozee + 80k

I think this board will lean toward Rozee instinctively because he just went huge but Rozee has a tendancy to go sub 100. Merrett on the other hand is Mr Consistent and has added 15pts a game to his score via tackling, putting him on Bont-like trajectory. Very hard choice

Merrett vs Rozee + 80k

I think this board will lean toward Rozee instinctively because he just went huge but Rozee has a tendancy to go sub 100. Merrett on the other hand is Mr Consistent and has added 15pts a game to his score via tackling, putting him on Bont-like trajectory. Very hard choice
I think you're right - Merrett for consistency and also Rozee tends to cop the clanger tax

Merrett vs Rozee + 80k

Zerrett every day

All I'm saying here is that I am glad I got Dempsey last week after one price rise
Unfortunately I am resigned to the fact that he is one that slipped through my grasp.

I was too busy banishing Hayden Young to the twos for a week to facilitate Kerch/Powell/Mass in one fell swoop.

Then, THEN, when I shoulda been getting Dempsey I was too busy roughy-ing H Young back in along with getting Darcy and T Green.

Mea culpa.

Now Lloyd Meek is lookin’ at me kinda funny and I’m searching for a reason to punt Jordon, so, ya know, there’s that.

Merrett vs Rozee + 80k

Zerrett a gun one of the best skippers in the league

Zerrett every day

Definitely want Merrett. I'm just hoping he drops in a lower score or two to get affordable. Otherwise he's a late season ultra-premo upgrade. He should be in everyone's final midfield plans. Rozee (who I own) - not so sure. Has a lower floor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i picked steele from start so was fortunate there, i would still get steele in before green , cause i think hes going to have a really consistent scoring year back to premo mode,

maybe not to level green looks like hes on path for but , green wont get out of reach value wise, steele may

(i brought green in after his bye and think prob paid a bit much , but i took touk and steele at start , so did need to premo up in mids, this week i added zerrett)

Last edited:
Thanks. Well now I'm confused, I've had Green all week. Think I'm still burning from starting Steele last year and worried about the potential Crouch factor...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

English vs Marshall
Depends on what the extra 90k gets you. Still think English likely averages more Marshall, but doubt the gap will be as big as last year (English's ceiling is somewhat capped by sharing duties a bit more this year).

Keep Jackson or trade him for Marshall?

Jackson is my R2.
Keep. Inevitable that Darcy gets injured again. Averaged 87 with Darcy in the side last year. He's gotten better around the ground and with his marks, so he'll top that. Think he can go 95 with Darcy in the side. But yeah, Darcy injured again for sure.

Who would you prioritise getting this week?

Flanders v Martin v Young v JHF

1. Flanders- hardly any good forwards around and he is playing mids and averaging 120. As sure a bet of being top 3-4 in his position as any player in the comp.
2. Martin - new role, underpriced and looking good. Uncharateristic ball use in Round 1 the only reason he is not averaging 120+. Great option but with more good alternative choices in defence than forwards, Flanders still the better pick.
3. Young - basically same arguments as Martin except that Young had 2 average games to start the year due to poor use and Martin only 1.
4. JHF - Is the cheapest of the bunch and scoring (very) well. If he was on track for DPP he'd probably be no 1 but as it looks like he will be mid only, the chances of him being a top 8-10 mid I think are still relatively low (remembering we all knew Port had a dream run of home games to start the season).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back