Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can Ken just * off.

Alistair Clarkson wouldn’t say that about a North opponent.

Was there confirmation from the club Sweet has leprosy?
Ken said it was viral, so leprosy is off the list, but he still hasn't ruled out ebola, yellow fever, rabies or bird flu.

Dixon, T.Marshall, Georgiades all fit to play for the AFL side. Lord, McCallum and Stevens return to the SANFL side.

Sweet, J.Burgoyne out for the AFL side. Nick Moore out with a leg injury for the SANFL side.

Weekly Injuries
Charlie Dixon - "banged up"

It's COVID apparently.
Watch it run through the rest of the team this week. :(

Already been though I suspect.

We had Boaky and a few others ill a few weeks back I suspected them at the time. I noticed Ken Hinkley wearing a mask around the players about a month ago.

TWO Yartapuulti players will be tested this week ahead of Sunday's Sir Doug Nicholls Round clash against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval.
After missing last Friday's historic win over Geelong, captain Connor Rozee (hamstring) and Jase Burgoyne (groin) will be assessed, while Lachie Jones (hamstring) will spend another week recovering on the sidelines.
Jordon Sweet has returned to full training following illness, while Quinton Narkle (foot) is expected to integrate back into training over the next week.
Ivan Soldo is making positive progress in his recovery from a knee procedure, with the ruckman to start running again in the coming days.

Yartapuulti will name its extended squad on Thursday at 5:50pm, followed by a final team on Friday at 4:30pm.

Injury list

Connor Rozee (hamstring) - test
Jase Burgoyne (groin) - test
Lachie Jones (hamstring) - 1 week
Trent McKenzie (quad) - 1 week
Quinton Narkle (foot) - 1-3 weeks
Ivan Soldo (knee) - 2-3 weeks
Hugh Jackson (hip)- 4-6 weeks
Sam Powell-Pepper (knee) - season

TWO Yartapuulti players will be tested this week ahead of Sunday's Sir Doug Nicholls Round clash against Hawthorn at Adelaide Oval.
After missing last Friday's historic win over Geelong, captain Connor Rozee (hamstring) and Jase Burgoyne (groin) will be assessed, while Lachie Jones (hamstring) will spend another week recovering on the sidelines.
Jordon Sweet has returned to full training following illness, while Quinton Narkle (foot) is expected to integrate back into training over the next week.
Ivan Soldo is making positive progress in his recovery from a knee procedure, with the ruckman to start running again in the coming days.

Yartapuulti will name its extended squad on Thursday at 5:50pm, followed by a final team on Friday at 4:30pm.

Injury list

Connor Rozee (hamstring) - test
Jase Burgoyne (groin) - test
Lachie Jones (hamstring) - 1 week
Trent McKenzie (quad) - 1 week
Quinton Narkle (foot) - 1-3 weeks
Ivan Soldo (knee) - 2-3 weeks
Hugh Jackson (hip)- 4-6 weeks
Sam Powell-Pepper (knee) - season

How long was Hugh Jackson carrying that hip issue before surgery? I’m sure he had trouble with it in the past.

Looking forward to his return as a few of the regular posters on here were quite impressed with his output last season.

How long was Hugh Jackson carrying that hip issue before surgery? I’m sure he had trouble with it in the past.

Looking forward to his return as a few of the regular posters on here were quite impressed with his output last season.

We picked him up with hip issues on spec we could get him right.

No doubt about the talent but he needs to show plenty and be sound at the end the year.

He actually died a few years ago. His funeral was held on a Friday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugh had “hip surgery” immediately after we drafted him in 2021.

Wines subbed out with heart problems, could be the end for him as it's the 2nd time.

CD said it's happened at training before. So it seems like something that is always in the background but not life threatening enough to end his career. PJ Power might be able to give us a better idea?

CD said it's happened at training before. So it seems like something that is always in the background but not life threatening enough to end his career. PJ Power might be able to give us a better idea?
He’s almost certainly got paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. He may need an ablation which has a cure rate of 80-90%.

Something brought on by physical stress is a pretty big deal.

I'd need explaining exactly what it is and the risks involved in an environment that is putting his body under stress. That's a seriously big frame he's pushing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back