Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And there goes his career. Bit of a blow to our depth too.

Would be surprised if we didn't go to the mid season draft now.
We have no eligibility to use the MSD:
A club can be eligible to have a mid-season draft selection by having any of the following:
  • Leaving a rookie list spot open at the end of the previous year’s draft and SSP period.
  • Having a currently listed player announce their retirement prior to the mid-season draft. This would need to be approved by the AFL by demonstrating that all aspects pertaining to the player’s retirement have been finalised.
  • Have a current player suffer a season ending injury

We have no eligibility to use the MSD:
A club can be eligible to have a mid-season draft selection by having any of the following:
  • Leaving a rookie list spot open at the end of the previous year’s draft and SSP period.
  • Having a currently listed player announce their retirement prior to the mid-season draft. This would need to be approved by the AFL by demonstrating that all aspects pertaining to the player’s retirement have been finalised.
  • Have a current player suffer a season ending injury
It's a navicular stress fracture, let's see where we are in a few weeks, it may not just be a few weeks, but could be career ending.

Probably means the end of his time with us. Was highly probable delisting at end of this year anyways. If he recovers would be a good sanfl pickup for someone. Foot stress injuries are a nightmare to treat as little blood flow for healing.

Narkle:

out of contract, unrestricted free agent, only 26

Bit young to “retire”. Not quite “season ending” I would have thought.

Been running him through the midfield and puts our midfield stocks at a low level

Whatever happened to being able to replace a person on the long term injury list. > 8 weeks?

Narkle:

out of contract, unrestricted free agent, only 26

Bit young to “retire”. Not quite “season ending” I would have thought.

Been running him through the midfield and puts our midfield stocks at a low level

Whatever happened to being able to replace a person on the long term injury list. > 8 weeks?
Dare say he will return the VFL.

So may play Port in the AFL Reserves/VFL next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Narkle is out with a Navicular, lets put him on the Long Term Injury list and make a pick at the mid season draft.

How long term does the injury need to be to qualify is what I’d like to know.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Are we having a lot of issues with Hamstrings or are we just being more conservative this year? We've had a few one week hammies and or awareness/tightness, sent in for scans but fine to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back