Game Day 2024 Fantasy - Round 3 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why trade any player that's underperforming?
Maybe I wasn't clear, if he'd had another below par game tonight and he would've been on the chopping block.
Because premos are premos for a reason. More often than not they come good and it's a waste of a trade. You trade rookies and mid pricers to generate cash.

Seriously struggling with a captain option this week with Ton Green on the bye

Green/Bont were my premium picks for captaincy in the early rounds but only Green has done anything

Bont can barely struggle to ton so far, I don't think I can even VC him in this form

I might go Sheezel VC and just take anything over 115

Steele has been good but battling illness this week. Gawn is just a hard watch most of the time but could pay off. Got nobody else of note

Might just have to be Bont C in the end but hopefully Sheezel VC delivers
Heeney (C) against RICH ?

Gawn loves Adelaide Oval .....and only playing against Soldo

I've gone Dawson (VC) ....Heeney (C) ....hoping though, I don't have to gamble on Heeney

Because premos are premos for a reason. More often than not they come good and it's a waste of a trade. You trade rookies and mid pricers to generate cash.
I traded Young ....got me Massimo and Powell, PLUS $160K in the bank to get Touk next week off the bye

Sometimes trading a premo can be justified, as long as not sidesway

I needed Powell (for sexton) ....as I already have Whitfield & Green out on the bye .....and needed more scoring bodies, money makers

Heeney (C) against RICH ?

Gawn loves Adelaide Oval .....and only playing against Soldo

I've gone Dawson (VC) ....Heeney (C) ....hoping though, I don't have to gamble on Heeney
Yeah Gawn matchup is nice but I swear every single time I VC or C him he becomes the hardest watch...just lumbers around with dinner plate hands all game. I'll let him clunk everything without the pressure of a VC or C

Heeney is interesting. I love this start from him but burnmen will burn you at some point. Another one I will ride without VC/C pressure

Wish I had Serong this week

I traded Young ....got me Massimo and Powell, PLUS $160K in the bank to get Touk next week off the bye

Sometimes trading a premo can be justified, as long as not sidesway

I needed Powell (for sexton) ....as I already have Whitfield & Green out on the bye .....and needed more scoring bodies, money makers
Justified if their role isn't there, sure, but as I said, Naicos is basically averaging 100.

Hmmmm... the Captain dilemma.

Naicos VC obviously doesn't cut it. Now have the choice of Sheezel, Bont, Serong, Rozee, Gawn or Heeney. Any of those could be huge. Sheezel on fire, but dropped two scores in the 50s in the second half of last season. Bont has some injury concerns, and Heeney could get Horsed at any time. Rozee doesn't have a good record against Melbourne, nor Serong vs Adelaide.

I realise this is a first world problem but thoughts would be interesting. BTW I put the C on Serong before the start of the round as my gut feel.

Hmmmm... the Captain dilemma.

Naicos VC obviously doesn't cut it. Now have the choice of Sheezel, Bont, Serong, Rozee, Gawn or Heeney. Any of those could be huge. Sheezel on fire, but dropped two scores in the 50s in the second half of last season. Bont has some injury concerns, and Heeney could get Horsed at any time. Rozee doesn't have a good record against Melbourne, nor Serong vs Adelaide.

I realise this is a first world problem but thoughts would be interesting. BTW I put the C on Serong before the start of the round as my gut feel.

I'd go Serong - form player of the comp, back him in.

Wasn't aware of that, was gonna put the VC on him but maybe not. Sheezel's probably my next choice too.
Saints played Collingwood last week.
Darcy Cam just stunk it up after a virus riddled week, wonder if it's the same bug.
These players get awful close in the centre.

Not the captain thread, but it's Serong VC for me with a 120 line, into English Captain.

I was going to trade Whit to Dunkley as I was sure Dunks would hit 120. Scores a 101 (with higher B.E) and I feel the non trade was a good move. Funny what 19pts can do.
I actually don't want bring in any Brisbane players due to their Rd 12 bye.

Justified if their role isn't there, sure, but as I said, Naicos is basically averaging 100.
Oh, I totally agree on Naicos .....he has a big ceiling, trading players like that is dangerous, particularly with such a high ownership .....it can really come & bite you

Do I take Dunkley VC?
Have Sheezel, Dawson, Gawn or Heeney that I could gamble with the C on..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

do you think titch in the guts is something the pies continue with ?
could he be the titch of old ???
Qtr by Qtr scores of,
43, 35, 6 & 18.

Thats 78 in the first half and 24 in the second.
Buyer beware. And still to bottom out price wise anyway.

Qtr by Qtr scores of,
43, 35, 6 & 18.

Thats 78 in the first half and 24 in the second.
Buyer beware. And still to bottom out price wise anyway.
Doesn't he have something grumbly in the knee/leg?

1711671668635.png

Keanu Reeves Matrix GIF by PeacockTV

Young is going to be matched up on Dawson, im hoping thats purely at the stoppage and not a tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back