Autopsy Round 7, 2024: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

No you see the problem is if they have a defined set of rules then they can’t let off Brownlow favourites or “Star players” before a final when one of them inevitably breaks the defined rule.

And the afl and afl media think that is worse look than the tribunal being an absolute farce.
You couldn't have put it better. Having all these grey areas is what the AFL wants. It allows them to manipulate the outcomes to fit their own narrative. Not allowing precedents is the dead give away. Why else wouldn't you allow clubs to highlight precedents if you wanted a system based on consistency?

If it makes you all feel better, Dougal had a great time at Liv Golf yesterday.

I happened to have a meeting Cordy last week the day after the Dogs loss. I asked him if he was upset about it - he said “nah just another day at the office” with zero emotion.

Always been the case that the supporters care more than the players but it’s even more apparent these days.

That is by design, and happened under Demetriou and his pet lawyer Anderson (oh, the irony....).

We should be taking this to the tribunal, as manifestly unjust. And if that does not work, we should be appealing!

Another question, how long has Christian been on this gravy train with no accountability, and when is he due to be replaced? It should actually be a 3 person panel, and there should be some sort of accountability, the current system is open to massive bias, manipulation and corruption. Coincidentally, we play the team recently presided over by the current head of football this week!
Step one in any tribunal system overhaul is to show Christian the door. I'd love to see some stats during his tenure about the number of Collingwood players suspended opposed to those offered a fine.

Last edited:
Step one in any tribunal system overall is to show Christian the door. I'd love to see some stats during his tenure about the number of Collingwood players suspended opposed to those offered a fine.
I think it’s outcome, isn’t it?

The outcome is concussion, right?

Once they establish that, they look at the action, the motive, the options etc. and then pile on.

Finally, they go to the pantry and find the herbs and spices. They reach for the one called, ‘Demonstrate Values without Consequence’. They check the use by date, and see it has plenty of time left. In fact, it is one of the long lasting varieties.

Apply liberally.

Say it’s unfortunate.

I don’t believe North and St Kilda, and perhaps even Melbourne in leaner times can profit from tanking and sinking, but Hunter Clark was looking a likely North candidate a couple of seasons ago (maybe even one season? ago) and what would we have got for him? I do wonder. Still think our best bet, until Tasmania settles , is to be a poacher like team. Aka Sydney before academy really helped them. Let Hawthorn, West Coast, Tassie, North get em first, then watch carefully and scoop up the damage.
Our best offer was a second rounder for Clark, looking at last year's draft, it doesnt look deep at all.

We wanted to do 9 and Clark for 2, which would've been Sheezel - in hindsight, I'm glad we kept Clark and got Mattaes - as good as Sheezel is, I'm not shattered that North knocked us back.

I happened to have a meeting Cordy last week the day after the Dogs loss. I asked him if he was upset about it - he said “nah just another day at the office” with zero emotion.

Always been the case that the supporters care more than the players but it’s even more apparent these days.
Yep it is but Cordy not a great example…Dogs favourite reject …would have zero real connection to us other than salary
But I agree - days of “dying for the jumper” are over - it’s all marketing for supporters now
I’d be disappointed hearing that from Steel ..but you never really know do you ?
I like to believe Rob Harvey , Nick Riewoldt (knocked ba k big dollars both) even Spud Frawley ….were the last to truly bleed for the colours ….
Then you go further and you KNOW Barker bled for the cause…wish we had more nowadays but it’s business….weekend entertainment….with the vultures like Hutchy etc just feeding off the carcass

Our best offer was a second rounder for Clark, looking at last year's draft, it doesnt look deep at all.

We wanted to do 9 and Clark for 2, which would've been Sheezel - in hindsight, I'm glad we kept Clark and got Mattaes - as good as Sheezel is, I'm not shattered that North knocked us back.
Mnnnn!!
Harry Sheezel bs Pou?
Mmm.
Both played every game in 2023 and this year.
Sheezel
Ave possessions 28.8
Rising star winner with 54/55 votes
Best ‘n Fairest
Pou
Ave possessions 12.7

Is it even worth a discussion??

Last edited:

Can't expect players to say anything different. If they tie themselves emotionally to the win/loss there'd be suicides every week.

Trading McEvoy was probably the worst I've seen from the Saints. A player we had developed. was touted as a future captain, was tracking extremely nicely and playing well. He bleed St Kilda and pleaded to stay.

Shame
That was one of our biggest blunders for that period.

An absolute howler.

"Big Boy" was a great clubman.

I remember having this discussion with a couple of Saints workmates at the time.

None of them wanted him to leave.

The only knock on Big Boy was that he couldn't jump that high in the rucking contests.......but he could certainly kick a goal or 2.

Anyone for the 2010 draw at Marvel against the Hawks on a cold Friday night....????

50 K in that night.......a very tense last qtr.......we were a goal down with minutes to go.....a ruck contest 15 M out from our goal....Big Boy grabbed the ball unopposed and just waltzed in for the goal.....a draw !!!!!!

Lucky I was wearing tight pants that night.......it would have been embarrassing..!!!!!

:) :)

I think it was a F2nd and F3rd offered for Hunts.
With that we'd have been in the running to buy GC's FRDP, but in hindsight we did better by offloading Gresh, Billings and Coff which netted all of: Dow, Collard, Hugo and 50% of Hastie l think.

Trading McEvoy was probably the worst I've seen from the Saints. A player we had developed. was touted as a future captain, was tracking extremely nicely and playing well. He bleed St Kilda and pleaded to stay.

Shame
That was the pinnacle of moronic. That whole period was focused on destroying the list instead of building one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mnnnn!!
Harry Sheezel bs Pou?
Mmm.
Sheezel
Ave possessions 28.8
Best ‘n Fairest
Pou
Ave possessions 12.7

To be fair to our lad Sheelel has looked completely overwhelmed when playing in the centre. Mattaes hasn't.
Not knocking HS at all but he's not playing the hardest position on the ground.

Gotta stop gifting sides goals, we gave them their first 4 goals.
Yep and often it’s self inflicted pressure- a kick into a corridor that’s just not there
A poor kick to a pocket that bounces….invites pressure…
Dumb shyte
If we stamp that out we immediately improve 3-4 a game

Mnnnn!!
Harry Sheezel bs Pou?
Mmm.
Sheezel
Ave possessions 28.8
Best ‘n Fairest
Pou
Ave possessions 12.7

Judge Pou after a decade mate. Either way, Norf weren't interested in our proposal anyway.

Ross used to use Kosi as a spiller. Just a big body to dump the ball on and bring the ball to ground for the smalls. We need one of those that can back up ruck ideally.
I see a lot of Kosi in Caminiti, reckon he'll be a great second banana when he learns how to play with King. Always gives everything too, which I love. Teach him spilling spoiling rucking and solidify the marking and we've got a ripper.

I know the free kick ratio hurts.. bare in mind we were still shite

Classic form from Christian.
Bloke genuinely has us living rent free in his head and loves to pile on whenever a player is up.
Root cause needs the entire system overhauled and use precedence in their cases, but the AFL wont do that.
Saw this result a mile away unfortunately. Butler needs to step up.

Kosi v giansiacusa
Baker attempted striking
King
Windhager
Higgins
We set precedence for a living
Also Paddy Ryder.Hunter Clarks broken jaw(nothing to see).We don't matter!

The appointment of such an obvious fraud as the public face of the AFL tells the story. The whole place is rotton to the core now.
I quoted this post but it could be any of the dozens I've read today. No disagreement from me.

The bottom line is no change appears to be coming. I hear posters, fans, media bods, even occasionally coaches, CEOs and presidents moaning about the state of the game, but there’s never an audit, never a league driven review of audience satisfaction.

How does AFL attendance and viewing in the 2020s compare with those of previous generations? Has there been a drop off? Does the league know why? Do they even care? All I hear on this board is what a terrible league it is now, how the game is boring, rotten, and soft, how today's kids are indifferent to it. Do they even see this boutique one-country sport with tiny catchment area for participants and viewers as sustainable in a global arena with many more cheaper safer more fashionable entertainment options? It would be great for supporters to get an honest view from the AFL of where they see the sport now and where they see it in the future. Will we ever get one? You know the answer already.

What will it take for the AFL to care, besides mass boycott?

The one that really gets me is a player getting to a ground ball first, the second player coming in late, sliding into the first and the first player getting a free against, because ONCE a player ( Gary Rohan) got a broken leg from a similar incident.

The law should favour the player getting there first. The second player should have a duty of care.
Logic!?
How Very Dare You.
Shocked No Way GIF by BritBoxUK

I remember reading that that a discussed deal was pick 3 for 9 and Clark, and they were interested in Bailey Humphies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back