2nds The SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps amazingly, the final SANFL match played at AAMI stadium will go down in history as having more fans in attendance than the final Crows match played at AAMI stadium.
Why is it the last SANFL game at AAMI?

We know Crows and Port going to Adelaide oval .......but would have thought SANFL would have stayed at AAMI??

What's the go?

Why is it the last SANFL game at AAMI?

We know Crows and Port going to Adelaide oval .......but would have thought SANFL would have stayed at AAMI??

What's the go?

Everything is off to Adelaide Oval. The only thing that'll remain is the Crows headquarters and training base.

Perhaps amazingly, the final SANFL match played at AAMI stadium will go down in history as having more fans in attendance than the final Crows match played at AAMI stadium.
Who won the jack oatey? Thought the north defender Keller was superb in the first three quarters.

Yep Keller was Norths best and I thought my old mate Matty Fuller was great for the Legs, then continued the family tradition of blubbering after a GF

Yep Keller was Norths best and I thought my old mate Matty Fuller was great for the Legs, then continued the family tradition of blubbering after a GF

How old is that Fuller? Would the Crows have any interest in taking him in the Rookie Draft? Had a great game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know Sando has said that "good sides don't need to tag" but would it be worth a PSD pick to pick up Brian Fenton? Plays similarly to Ryan Crowley and has done great shutdown jobs all 3 weeks of the finals so far and can get his own ball as well. has just come back the last couple of months from an ACL injury last year, but looks to have a bit of mongrel about him.

Thoughts?

Was well up in Norths best again today. Completely cut Suckling out of the game and actually ended up with more possessions. Still think he is worth a PSD pick, especially given he has played less than 10 games all up. Having said that, he probably should have gone to Grigg or Zorzi :(

Was well up in Norths best again today. Completely cut Suckling out of the game and actually ended up with more possessions. Still think he is worth a PSD pick, especially given he has played less than 10 games all up. Having said that, he probably should have gone to Grigg or Zorzi :(

If you guys kicked well in the third it could have been different. Valiant effort from North.

Great win. Beautiful weather, big crowd, another Legs flag - all up an good day. Was nice to stroll onto the ground and stand on the grass to watch the presentations after the siren too.

Watching Mitchy Grigg on the big stage today - the kid is going be something special for us in the coming years. Has genuine footy smarts - not just when he has the ball but his positioning ability to read the play, both offensively and defensively also.

LJ did some really nice things also. His first goal late in the 2nd was beautiful to watch (even for the Norwood supporters).

There were only 6 AFL games with a bigger crowd at Footy Park all year.

2 x showdowns, Crows v Essendon, Hawks and Swans, Power v Blues

Brenton Davy said:
Problem with him as I said is he is limited to just being a tagger. If he could work on his disposal then maybe he might be worth a look. As for Fuller, his family were mad Port fans before Matty made the Legs side and it would be interesting to see their reaction if we were to pick him up.

Took this photo on the way out yesterday, sun setting on 40 years of football at the ground

View attachment 32337

Had a good walk around the ground yesterday and I found myself looking beneath the facade and seeing a stadium that had become frayed around the edges. Reminded me of my last visit to Waverley actually and I was left with pretty much the same feeling.

"Thank Christ I don't have to come back here ever again!"

How old is that Fuller? Would the Crows have any interest in taking him in the Rookie Draft? Had a great game.

Had a chat with Sando at the last Shed gathering and told him to keep an eye on Fuller during the finals, can only hope he listened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back