2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

So Younie to be moved into a development role (development manager) and drop most of the coaching with a group of Ryan O'Keefe, Jarrod Cotton and Tate Kaesler to coach according to Walsh. Anyone have more info about how that set up will work?

Also said there will be a greater commitment to the state league side and we "will really support that team this year" by improving the quality of top up players and changing how we do things (which I guess refers to Younie's role change and more emphasis on winning).

Shaw Siggins Reilly
Jaensch Lever Laird
Wigg Wright Knight
Atkins Jpod Wilson
Cameron Dear McGovern
Lowden Martin Callinan

Ramsay Wilson Kelly OBrien Osbourn

Martin Pods Mcgovern
Lyons Dear Wright
Knight M. Crouch Wilson
Lever Siggins Reilly
Brown Shaw Wigg

Lowden CE-y Atkins
Obrien Kelly Osborne Callinan Ramsey Otten (inj)

Think this what the reserve might look like. Reilly, Pods, M.Crouch may play more seniors but unsure. Thoughts?

Mine was:

FF: Wright Pods Callinan
HF: Atkins Dear McGovern
C: Knight Grigg Wilson
HB: Reilly Lever Martin
FB: Laird O'Brien Ramsey
1R: Lowden, Lyon, Wigg
I/C: Kelly, CEY, Siggins
Other: Osborn
Inj: Otten
Excluded: AFL team 23 inc emergency (Shaw)

Martin Pods Mcgovern
Lyons Dear Wright
Knight M. Crouch Wilson
Lever Siggins Reilly
Brown Shaw Wigg

Lowden CE-y Atkins
Obrien Kelly Osborne Callinan Ramsey Otten (inj)

Think this what the reserve might look like. Reilly, Pods, M.Crouch may play more seniors but unsure. Thoughts?
I still think pods is in the best 22. the guy can take a mark and be very handy!

He's 33 and we can't play 4 talls
Probably transition into fitness and conditioning. A lot of running and chase and tackle to be implemented next season. At 33 it may be a tough ask to play first 22 over the other falls barring injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strongly doubt anyone we just drafted is going to be in the AFL team round 1, especially not the talls
I think Lever is probably the most likely just due to our lack of 3rd talls.

If Henderson could play as a 3rd tall then you'd say that's less likely but Henderson hasn't really shown that capability as a defender. Cheney is another option but at 185cm, he's really more of a medium sized defender.

Only a week or two I thought it was highly unlikely for Lever to play given he just missed a full season at under 18s and the step up would be massive, I'm just struggling to see how else we fill that 3rd tall spot now that we're without Rutten and Otten.

Lever has even less fitness base than the average TAC draftee on account of missing the entire year, he won't be playing round 1.

Only guys with fitness remotely approaching what is needed will be McGovern and the two SANFL players, which leads me to believe that only Wigg and McGovern are even an outside chance.

Yeah, barring some incredible preseason form I don't see Lever playing more than a handful of games next year. He's a pick for the future, not for 2015.

Differences to our starting 22 in round 1 will come from Walsh's preferred style and potentially Cheney, that's about it.
To me though, that spot is very much up for grabs. Last year we had a mixture of Hartigan, Rutten, Otten, L.Thompson and Shaw playing in it (the last two being used towards the end of the year if I recall correctly). Rutten is retired so you'd assume Hartigan will come in to replace him. Otten will be gone for most of the season if not the entire year, Thompson is no longer on our list and Shaw has a pretty big recovery in front of him.

This leaves us with the likes of Henderson (doesn't really play as a 3rd tall), Lever, Siggins and Ramsey that are the right size to really plas as a 3rd tall defender. I guess you could also through in the likes of Reilly and Cheney for that position, but they both sit at 185cm so they'd be giving up a bit of height. I'm not sure if you can throw Kelly into the mix, at 188cm, I haven't seen him play so I'm not sure what sort of role he plays in the backline.

Again, at first I didn't think Lever was any chance whatsoever but there really isn't a stand out option as a 3rd tall which makes his chances a little more possible imo.

Who do you guys see us using as our 3rd tall defender?

To me though, that spot is very much up for grabs. Last year we had a mixture of Hartigan, Rutten, Otten, L.Thompson and Shaw playing in it (the last two being used towards the end of the year if I recall correctly). Rutten is retired so you'd assume Hartigan will come in to replace him. Otten will be gone for most of the season if not the entire year, Thompson is no longer on our list and Shaw has a pretty big recovery in front of him.

This leaves us with the likes of Henderson (doesn't really play as a 3rd tall), Lever, Siggins and Ramsey that are the right size to really plas as a 3rd tall defender. I guess you could also through in the likes of Reilly and Cheney for that position, but they both sit at 185cm so they'd be giving up a bit of height. I'm not sure if you can throw Kelly into the mix, at 188cm, I haven't seen him play so I'm not sure what sort of role he plays in the backline.

Again, at first I didn't think Lever was any chance whatsoever but there really isn't a stand out option as a 3rd tall which makes his chances a little more possible imo.

Who do you guys see us using as our 3rd tall defender?
I'm pretty sure Cheney is 188cm tall

Delisted forward Jason Porplyzia is continuing to work with the club in a part-time capacity, having accepted a role as physical performance assistant.

Will be interesting when the Crows play West Adelaide in the SANFL.

What a ******* stupid system the SANFL they have put in place. An ex player and current club employee can not play for that club.

Then on the weekend, has to play for someone else.

Will be interesting when the Crows play West Adelaide in the SANFL.

What a ******* stupid system the SANFL they have put in place. An ex player and current club employee can not play for that club.

Then on the weekend, has to play for someone else.

If you did your homework youd realise he works 3 days a week at West as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back