2nds The 2014 SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know what you are saying but their are a lot of young guys in that side that haven't proven themselves yet. If we have a full squad no injuries then yes our side should be winning a few games. But if we get struck down with 10 or so squad injuries I don't think we will be winning very much.

Well I do hope you're right cos as much as Im looking forward to having our own reserves side, the last thing I want is to ruin the whole SANFL.

Well I do hope you're right cos as much as Im looking forward to having our own reserves side, the last thing I want is to ruin the whole SANFL.

The huge reality is our SANFL success rides on the coat tales of our luck with injuries. I have no doubt we will be on the end of some absolutely huge thumping's in the SANFL due to poor injury runs just like we will probably dish out the occasional massive thumping against a top SANFL side if our squad is at full strength.

The fixture has been released.

The Grand Final will be held on Sunday, the 21st of September. This is one day after the 2nd preliminary final will be held in the AFL.

Here is the Crows fixture for 2014.

View attachment 38840

So no games against our AFL games which some said would be unavoidable. Thats good I guess and makes sense since they want us to go to the games and spend money. I don't suppose theres any way to work out the televised games from that?

So no games against our AFL games which some said would be unavoidable. Thats good I guess and makes sense since they want us to go to the games and spend money. I don't suppose theres anyway to work out the televised games from that?

My guess would be Saturday afternoon games would be most likely the ones up for potential televising. I haven't seen anything on to what extent 7 are showing games. It wouldn't surprise me if its just an hour length SANFL show or something with highlights.

Grand Final confirmed for Sunday September 21st at the Adelaide Oval. Lets hope we can win 2 flags this year ;)

Grand Final confirmed for Sunday September 21st at the Adelaide Oval. Lets hope we can win 2 flags this year ;)

I really hope we don't.

One being a Glenelg man, but 2) It would be fairly poor for the competition that in it's first year of the new era the newcomers just sweep in a win at all.

Wouldn't be a great sign of the next few years afterwards. Competition is vital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Be strange if we do develop a rivalry with glenelg. According to the early days of powderpuff propergranda our club heavily favored Glenelg over them.

Why don't you like Jaworskyj? I have my own reasons but I'm interested in outside perspectives.
Originates back to a radio interview he did many years ago where he was completely dismissive of the Crows youngsters North had with them. Basically labelled them a burden on his club and was whinging about having to shuffle teams if the Crows made a late change. Barely knew Matt Collins name and was saying he had no value to them and was "injured or something" (he was recovering from a broken leg). Came across as arrogant and disrespectful. Each time he has made comment in the media since that day it has reaffirmed my initial impression.

Originates back to a radio interview he did many years ago where he was completely dismissive of the Crows youngsters North had with them. Basically labelled them a burden on his club and was whinging about having to shuffle teams if the Crows made a late change. Barely knew Matt Collins name and was saying he had no value to them and was "injured or something" (he was recovering from a broken leg). Came across as arrogant and disrespectful. Each time he has made comment in the media since that day it has reaffirmed my initial impression.
That's a fair reason. I also would've accepted "his name".

I've been voting to get him off the board for years but he keeps hanging on.

This is not an opinion, but an observation, barracking against the reserves side adds weight to the argument about culture, loyalty, being only a franchise etc that we (not as much these days) get criticized for

Back in the day posters like OBJ would be telling you boys where the door is and politely "don't let it hit you on the way out"

Some of the old port supporters would be at bit more frank.

I look at it this way if the crows are playing the dogs then I will support the dogs. If the crows play anyone else i'll support the crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back