Stenglein- How many weeks?

elbow was half raised at point of impact, and was up.. that is reckless in the least and should get at least 2 weeks due to being head high contact

head high contact
level of impact: high
reckless

20yrs ago he would not even get reported, but nowadays the AFL is soft and wants to make the game soft so should get 1-2 weeks because of it.

This thread is proof that half the people on Big Footy know absolutely ******** all about Football.

There was NO elbow involved. it came up after contact was made and as Carey said it is a natural reaction to follow through bringing the elbow up AFTER contact.

The ball was within 5 metres. This deems it a legal bump and the only thing that made it illegal was the fact that it was high. Stengelin didn't run and launch himself into the kid, he simply followed through with a good, strong bump and unfortunately he hade contact with the head.

Abolutely nothing in this and if he goes then the new tribunal system is an absolute joke along with half the idiots on here who think a bump is a dog act.

Docker_Brat said:
The elbow came out after the bump.
One of the camera angles showed the opposite of that.
Without that camera angle, 0 weeks.
With that camera angle, 2-6 depending on how it gets rated.

The term 'dog act' is thrown around more than 'champion' these days.

Get a little perspective guys, this one was even proclaimed an 'absolute dog act'. :rolleyes:

I'll have closer look at it later but it seemed a pretty solid bump, he might cop a week if there was high contact but it's probably down to how the tribunial are feeling.

Big Bird said:
This thread is proof that half the people on Big Footy know absolutely ******** all about Football.

There was NO elbow involved. it came up after contact was made and as Carey said it is a natural reaction to follow through bringing the elbow up AFTER contact.

The ball was within 5 metres. This deems it a legal bump and the only thing that made it illegal was the fact that it was high. Stengelin didn't run and launch himself into the kid, he simply followed through with a good, strong bump and unfortunately he hade contact with the head.

Abolutely nothing in this and if he goes then the new tribunal system is an absolute joke along with half the idiots on here who think a bump is a dog act.

Thats funny, they showed the angle behind and his elbow was up on impact. Also, he might have been NEAR the ball, but he wasn't in the play.

Impact - Severe (the guy was knocked out)
Contact - High
In play - No
Reckless - non intentional

They have been a little dark on high contact - could be in trouble. Then again, Lloyd got off, Pickett got 6 and Miller got 2. So they'll toss a coin.

SirBloodyIdiot said:
2 or 3.

You can not say it is worth 0.

Elbow out, ball a fair whack away.
On what charge? Striking?

The elbow was tucked in and only came through after contact. That was a textbook hip and shoulder.

The other factor is that Eckerman was coming straight at him. Stenglein didn't go out of his way to iron him out. He just stood his ground.

What was Stenglein meant to do? Jump out of Eckerman's way?

Textbook hip and shoulder. Shouldn't even get cited.

Macca19 said:
Had Pickett done that there would be 100 posts on this thread screaming bloody murder.

Wasnt overly malicious. No way was the elbow tucked in....the elbow was halfway up at the point of impact and he got hit in between the elbow and shoulder. Still...it got him flush in the face. Supposedly, the face/head is a no go zone.

Its just about consistency. Gehrig gets a couple for a fairytap...so does Hall....but you can completely clean up someone with a hard hit in the face and get nothing.

God your pathetic. Wheres Port Proud WA, so much for that footy lesson you said we would cop from you in this round (during the pre season).

And if Picketts bumps were like Stingers today then there would be no problem. Watch a replay of Picketts cowardly attack on a man on his knees, then the Stinger textbook hip and shoulder on a man standing up and within 5 m of the ball.If you cant see the difference you truly are a Port supporter im afraid. I suppose Quinten Lynchs hit on Kane Cornes was a mongrel act too was it?

Alberton scum.

anywone here who says he hit him with the elbow is either blind, stupid or just trolling. there is absolutely no doubt he hit him with the shoulder only.

The fact that he ended up on the ground doesn't mean it wasn't a fair bump.

no case to answer

He should get nothing as there was nothing in it. It was fair and a good bump. The guy ran into him and Stenglein laid a fair bump. There was no elbow just the shoulder the elbow came up after the bump. It's a natural reaction like Carey said. Stenglein was just standing his ground. If he gets done the tribunal is a joke, well it's already a joke so it will be more of a f***ing joke. The AFL is so soft now, they are a bunch of pansies. The Victorains will set it up though because they hate us and want to stop us from winning.

if he is even cited the match review panel is a joke.

the fact that the port players didnt really make much of it speaks volumes

anyone who thinks this sort of bump should be outlawed are absolute pussies

Some of you have no idea what your talking about? Some of you have even said it was off the ball? Eckerman had the ball a second before he was ironed out. He fumbled the ball and lost it, Stinger was coming in for the tackle, saw that Eckers had spilled it and it had falled to Kerr and instead gave him a legal hip and shoulder to allow Kerr to break free with the ball.

The elbow definitely tucked in and it was most certainly in the play. The only reason it slipped high was that Eckerman was falling over or stumbling over and if you watch the replay, Stenglein is actually watching the footy and Kerr, not lining up Eckers. He has nothing to answer for.

pfft. First off Unit, all but one of Picketts hits have been exactly the same. Funnily enough, his hip and shoulder on Krummell was a textbook hip and shoulder, so have the 15 others hes dished out over the years, yet he gets labelled a thug.

Second of all, as someone up there said, from the view from behind the incident the elbow is clearly out. He did not connect with the elbow but to say the elbow was definately tucked in is some of the biggest load of toss ive heard. His arm was halfway up at the point of contact and every rpelay will prove that. People will go on Careys word...protecting one of his old teammates....but what Healy said was spot on. There wasnt anything thuggish about it but you can lay hip and shoulders without getting people in the face with them.

jod - Eckermann was not falling over and Stenglien definately was not looking the other way.

There was obviously something wrong with it because the umpire gave a free for it. If there was no problem at all it would have been play on.

i fail to see how the elbow was tucked in. you guys got sucked in by wayne carey's commentary. I recorded the game, and i have gone over that particular replay abotu 20 times, and there is no way the elbow is tucked in.

elbow tucked in: elbow right up against my own abdomen/waist area. There is a distinctive gap between the two area's on the replay. The elbow was defintaly sticking out. This is not allowed.

However, for those of you that say it wasn't in play, you are incorrect. The ball was most definately in play, and eckers had just spilt it.

The only thing wrong with the bump, is that the elbow is protruding outward. The timing, the placement etc etc. are all fine.

I'm a port supporter, but this is my totally unbiased view after watching it many times.

deeps said:
i fail to see how the elbow was tucked in. you guys got sucked in by wayne carey's commentary. I recorded the game, and i have gone over that particular replay abotu 20 times, and there is no way the elbow is tucked in.

elbow tucked in: elbow right up against my own abdomen/waist area. There is a distinctive gap between the two area's on the replay. The elbow was defintaly sticking out. This is not allowed.

However, for those of you that say it wasn't in play, you are incorrect. The ball was most definately in play, and eckers had just spilt it.

The only thing wrong with the bump, is that the elbow is protruding outward. The timing, the placement etc etc. are all fine.

I'm a port supporter, but this is my totally unbiased view after watching it many times.

The elbow was jarred out during the bump....if you cant see that go too www.opsm.com and have yourself sorted out.

Reckless contact
Head high
Behind play
Moderate Impact

5 weeks, unadjusted...probably down to 3 or 4 with a guilty plea and good behaviour discount.

UNIT said:
The elbow was jarred out during the bump....if you cant see that go too www.opsm.com and have yourself sorted out.

thanks, but i have perfect 20/20 vision. take of your rose petal glasses that u stole from OPSM, and you may see the daylight

judging by how you quoted me saying

"i fail to see how the elbow was tucked in" and seemed to think it said something else...maybe you need to use the link you just sent me...

just a suggestion

Back