Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts
Nov 27, 2004
central vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
west ham
Just saw the hit on Eckermann, absoloute dog act considering it's a kid in his first season and it was an elbow to the face. I would say he'll get 4-6 weeks considering Pickett did the same thing and got 6. If he gets something stupid like 2 because of a clean record there should be an uproar. This new tribunal system is a joke.

2 or 3.

You can not say it is worth 0.

Elbow out, ball a fair whack away.

eddiesmith said:
What the ********? How the hell is that comparable to Pickett?

You absolute ********ing idiot
I know.....he was standing up and was just a bit high but not a reportable offence.

He's guaranteed at least 1 or 2, simply because he put the elbow out. Very similar to the Bickley incident (without the fractured cheekbone). Depends on how the tribunal is feeling I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munga said:
He's goooorn. Gotta keep the elbow in, he didn't.

Obviously didnt see it then. When the contact was made, elbow completely tucked in. After contact, elbow up. thats not reportable.

I wonder what the ages are of the people screaming for Stenglein to be rubbed out. Sounds like there's a few kids here who have grown up with this sanitised football.

davey_magik said:
Just saw the hit on Eckermann, absoloute dog act considering it's a kid in his first season and it was an elbow to the face. I would say he'll get 4-6 weeks considering Pickett did the same thing and got 6. If he gets something stupid like 2 because of a clean record there should be an uproar. This new tribunal system is a joke.

How the hell can you compare that with Picketts hit ? :confused:

He's safe.

Had Pickett done that there would be 100 posts on this thread screaming bloody murder.

Wasnt overly malicious. No way was the elbow tucked in....the elbow was halfway up at the point of impact and he got hit in between the elbow and shoulder. Still...it got him flush in the face. Supposedly, the face/head is a no go zone.

Its just about consistency. Gehrig gets a couple for a fairytap...so does Hall....but you can completely clean up someone with a hard hit in the face and get nothing.

Macca19 said:
Had Pickett done that there would be 100 posts on this thread screaming bloody murder.
Stop the paranoia man. Pickett's shots are usually cheap anyway, had he been invovled in any fair bumps he wouldn't cop it.

Nothing, should get nothing, was a fair bump, too high, made contact with the shoulder not the elbow, elbow came up after as reaction most footballers have when making contact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back