joe444

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 9, 2006
Franga
AFL Club
Geelong
Just watching today's game, and reflected on / learned:
1. The "let's review every score" system sucks.
2. North have been fixtured to play at 10 different grounds this year and only one at the MCG
3. Geelong have a 6 day break ahead of Brisbane, who have a 9 day break. And Geelong's VFL team are fixtured away at the same time as the seniors.

What sort of administration makes these decisions??? Are we seriously just finding out that the new guys aren't as competent as the old guys?

The old method of "sometimes we don't review them and miss obvious goals" was worse.
2. North have been fixtured to play at 10 different grounds this year and only one at the MCG
This isn't new to this administration.
3. Geelong have a 6 day break ahead of Brisbane, who have a 9 day break. And Geelong's VFL team are fixtured away at the same time as the seniors.
This isn't new to this administration.

It's a bit too early to be certain.

I'm thinking that they are quite possibly inept and dishonest, but will wait and see.

What sort of administration makes these decisions??? Are we seriously just finding out that the new guys aren't as competent as the old guys?
Of all the reasons to float for the AFL admin being inept, you go with 1, that you're wrong on, 2, that in all reality you couldnt give a s**t about before arriving at 3 that has you in tears because it hinders your team.

Oh well.

Geelong have a 6 day break ahead of Brisbane, who have a 9 day break. And Geelong's VFL team are fixtured away at the same time as the seniors.

Welcome to our world. Did you have to fly across the country on that 6 day break?

Happens all the time.

The AFL have been floundering since Gil packed up his office. Gone is the corporate speak (gobbledygook) of Gil and it's been replaced with some not so well thought out new rules and policies. Score reviews is a shambles, the AFL drug policy is more than questionable and i am still furious over cashless Kardinia Park! It might take some time for the CEO to settle in, but what has Gillon really left Dillon?

Why is it an issue that North plays at 10 different grounds, and only once at the G? I thought they were a Marvel stadium tenant.

It's a shame that the VFL fixture isn't in lockstep with the AFL, though. The VFA is dead guys, let it go.

North are a basket case and have been for years now. Did you watch them play yesterday? It was insipid. They don't pull a crowd, they don't play attractive football at the moment. On top of this, they play 4 home games in Tasmania by choice and another away game against Hawthorn probably also by choice.
Why the * should they get or need any games at the MCG? Their home grounds are Marvel and Blundstone and even those are too big for them.

i am still furious over cashless Kardinia Park
Sorry mate, I know it sucks when technology moves in a way that you don't (and that's not sarcastic, it's genuine - I remember that email confounded my Mum at first, and ATMs were too much for my Grandma), but surely everyone over 12 has a bankcard now.

However, I do find that people get really angry over the non-acceptance of cash in a way that goes beyond the level of inconvenience that it actually costs them - that it's become some kind of personal/political flashpoint that means more than it actually does.

Cheques went the way of the Thylacine 25 years ago and I don't remember it being anything like this.

Sorry mate, I know it sucks when technology moves in a way that you don't (and that's not sarcastic, it's genuine - I remember that email confounded my Mum at first, and ATMs were too much for my Grandma), but surely everyone over 12 has a bankcard now.

However, I do find that people get really angry over the non-acceptance of cash in a way that goes beyond the level of inconvenience that it actually costs them - that it's become some kind of personal/political flashpoint that means more than it actually does.

Cheques went the way of the Thylacine 25 years ago and I don't remember it being anything like this.
Cash is still the best way of buying a pie at the footy and i'm well up on technologies. It is wrong for any establishment to refuse cash in Australia. People are compromised enough these days.

It is wrong for any establishment to refuse cash in Australia.
That I disagree with. If you're a private business, you have every right to refuse payment in any form so long as you are upfront about it. Particularly in places like small pop-up shops, I get why cashless stores are becoming increasingly popular.

Cash can be a pain in the arse for businesses, particularly if most of their transactions are done by card.

Back