Is the Eagles list as bad as we thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's go back to 2006 a better year. Freo won the Perth premiership they won both derbies .Freo lost the preliminary final and the Eagles won the premiership. In the end i will take a premiership year than winning derbies.

Nah.... I rather go back to 2013 where Freo made a Grand final and Eagles didnt make finals.

West Coast a list infested with absolute list cloggers that is currently being carried on the back of 3-5 players in rare form.

Yeo
Mcgovern
Kelly
Reid
Barrass

Outside of that, it is waves of s**t.

Let's not kid ourselves after feasting on the Richmond two's and the most passive Fremantle midfield we've seen in years.

It is a list devoid of high end talent, relying on the performances of a diminishing stock of injury prone A-graders.

100 percent correct on the list cloggers but really don’t think Barass or Kelly form is worth bragging about.

Barass was shocking before he feasted on Freo. Hough would be ahead of both in best and fairest for example as would Waterman, Ginbey and Duggan.

Both Dockers and Eagles have similar list profiles. Freo reliant on the elderly so near the end of the window scenario with Walters, Fyfe, Pearce, Ryan, Taberner all gone in the next 3 years which is basically the 3/4 of the spine

Big thing we have in our advantage is we have started out rebuild before Freo have there’s which truly begins this season with the 3 1st rounders

You seem like a genuinely sad loser, so I'll let your cheap shot slide.
Weren't you the bloke that came onto our our board before the derby and took a massive potshot at the club, only to have your pants pulled down and never came back to face the music?

Remember when Freo went 0-10 in 2016?

I guess you forgot Nic Nat destroying Sandilands ribs with his knees.
Players put knees up in marking contests all the time.

Case in point, Darling did the same to Maric and fortunately, it wasn't as bad.

Not allowed to put knees up in marking contests now, or something?

read Again read your post....

You said freo havent beaten west coast in a derby when west coast was actually good in 2012.

Dockers beat you once in 2015 when both sides made finals.

Try again.... mate!
In 2012, when Fremantle won in the second derby,
read your post again...

Again read your post....

You said freo havent beaten west coast in a derby when west coast was actually good in 2012.

Dockers beat you once in 2015 when both sides made finals.

Try again.... mate!
Read it again. Said Freo hasn't beat us in a derby when WC were actually good since 2012. In the 2nd derby of 2012 we were considered good.

In round 3 of 2015 we were not considered 'actually good' yet. That didn't occur until the year progressed. You know, you gotta stack up the wins. That game was the starting point (like hopefully last week). Freo were good, came off a GF & top 4 ladder finish.
Eagles had been shizen the previous 2 years. Hadn't beat a top 8 team in 2014 (off top of head)

I said Freo hadn't beat us when we were actually good. I didn't say they hadn't beat us in a year when we were actually good! (Fool)

In 2015 we beat you when Freo were actually good. Then the big derby streak happened you big streak of Mr Percival Pelican Shi

So when was the last time Freo beat WC when they were actually good again?

Not what year did Freo beat WC when they had a high ladder finish.

Dom Sheed
Luke Edwards
Campbell Chesser
Alex Witherden
Zane Trew
Jermaine Jones
Josh Rotham
Callum Jameson
Harry Edwards
Andrew Gaff

Jury out out on a few others.
Half those guys will probably be gone at the end of the year, Chesser has only played 20 games and is beginning to show a bit, will get better with time.

In 2012, when Fremantle won in the second derby,

Read it again. Said Freo hasn't beat us in a derby when WC were actually good since 2012. In the 2nd derby of 2012 we were considered good.

In round 3 of 2015 we were not considered 'actually good' yet. That didn't occur until the year progressed. You know, you gotta stack up the wins. That game was the starting point (like hopefully last week). Freo were good, came off a GF & top 4 ladder finish.
Eagles had been shizen the previous 2 years. Hadn't beat a top 8 team in 2014 (off top of head)

I said Freo hadn't beat us when we were actually good. I didn't say they hadn't beat us in a year when we were actually good! (Fool)

In 2015 we beat you when Freo were actually good. Then the big derby streak happened you big streak of Mr Percival Pelican Shi

So when was the last time Freo beat WC when they were actually good again?

Not what year did Freo beat WC when they had a high ladder finish.
I stand corrected. Didn't realise we played them in round 1 2013 lol. You could call us still technically good at that stage. Or you could say we had spent all our pennies in the 2 years prior.

I know this bloke in real life so his constant bringing Freo into conversations not about Freo & then using random tangents to deflect when not liking the truthful answer drives ya a bit bonkers. Bringing down to his level Fremantle style (boring).

Yet he didn't proper pull me up on that one, he used 2015 incorrectly.

I'm no narcissist. I can admit when I make a mistake. My bad.

Regardless. He hero worships Ross Lyon.
Dictator leader of the only 2 clubs left from 95 to not win the premiership. The Purple Madness will do that to ya. I'm sorry I lowered the colours. I can let it go though because UNCLE BUCKIN CHOP CHOP HARLEY REID!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back