What are your thoughts on people wearing their team footy gear when not going to games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Some footy merchandise is very smart street wear, polo shirts, caps, bomber jackets, etc. They are designed for street wear, so I see no problem with it. Seems to some it's more acceptable to wear Lakers tops than support their own football club.
Caps and some of the jackets yeah.

Grown men wearing those polos out looking like coaches I’ve always found a bit weird. They’re pretty ugly.

I'll wear what I like.

Why do people care so much about what people they don't even know do?

I see people wearing footy gear all the time and I've never once thought about them

People wear Yankees caps everywhere and know SFA about baseball. Never understood why people get hung up about people wearing guernseys

That said, I personally hate wearing stuff with sponsors logos on it so I stick to hoodies/scarves.

I wear some Lions shirts, jacket (in winter not now LOL) and hats around. Only time it's awkward is when I see the AFL and AFLW players at the local shops.

The best feedback I get though is when I wear my TISM merch.

Whatever gets you thru the night
It's all right, it's all right
Whatever gets you thru your life
It's all right, it's all right
Whatever gets you to the light
It's all right, it's all right.

There's nothing wrong with it - you're literally showing support for your club. Of course this doesn't mean footy merch should be worn in a formal setting, but otherwise go for your life.

One of the great things about Gather Round over the last few days has been seeing people wearing their various club colours, even when they're clearly not on their way to and from a game. We love our clubs - show it.

I used to live in box hill next to this dude who would wear his hawthorn cap, scarf and jumper in his house all day every day. Would walk past his place every morning and see him sitting at his laptop posting away. Would walk home past his place after work and he’d still be there, dressed up, typing away. I always assumed it was “strapping young lad” tbh.

That said, wear what you like, who cares what the creepy guy staring into your window every day thinks.
He probably works from home mate! :laughv1:

I wear jackets, jumpers and polo shirts with club branding on them when out and about at times.

If some people are offended or put out by that then that's their problem not mine.

I stopped giving a crap about what others think of me years ago!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back