Is the Eagles list as bad as we thought?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah nah. I have a lot of faith in Mathew Johnson being much better that an average role player. The problem is he can't quite push out Brayshaw, Serong, Young or Fyfe out of the middle yet, so he's having to play on a wing when it doesn't suit him at all.
Not a bad bunch of inside mids to be fair

Nah nah. I have a lot of faith in Mathew Johnson being much better that an average role player. The problem is he can't quite push out Brayshaw, Serong, Young or Fyfe out of the middle yet, so he's having to play on a wing when it doesn't suit him at all.
Another jarrod brander then

why? Because your side won a derby? lol

one of those blokes has won a brownlow medal and made the AA side a few times. 2 of those blokes made the All Australian at least once.
Fyfe is slow and a s**t kick, Serong is an average kick, Brayshaw is slow and an average kick, Hayden young is a good kick and slow. There is not one actually damaging midfielder on your list.

Fyfe is slow and a s**t kick, Serong is an average kick, Brayshaw is slow and an average kick, Hayden young is a good kick and slow. There is not one actually damaging midfielder on your list.
So explained the last 5 or so derby losses when this guys like Brayshaw was slow and an average kick won those derbies for freo then?

It's not a good list, what's happened is Harley Reid is so good he has brought out the very best of those around him. He is clearly their best player after just 6 games and has lifted the entire team. The difference with Judd's initial impact is there is no Cox, Kerr or Cousins equivalent alongside him...
I'm going to disagree with that he has been amazing but it hasn't just been him, guys like Yeo & McGovern are playing the best they have in years. Kelly is still playing to a similar level of previous seasons. Waterman has looked like Wayne Carey the last two weeks more of their senior players non kids are playing to a high level.

You are right on the list though is still long ways from being a contenders McGovern & Barass, Yeo will soon be retired.

So explained the last 5 or so derby losses when this guys like Brayshaw was slow and an average kick won those derbies for freo then?
Fremantle havn't beaten West Coast in a Derby when we were actually good since 2012 & it was one a piece that year.

Eagles just put your arse to bed a fortnight after being the talk of priority pick needy by VICMEDIA, the team supposedly even worse than Fitzroy.

Little brothers Fremantle are boring as batshit even when they're half decent.

I'm going to disagree with that he has been amazing but it hasn't just been him, guys like Yeo & McGovern are playing the best they have in years. Kelly is still playing to a similar level of previous seasons. Waterman has looked like Wayne Carey the last two weeks more of their senior players non kids are playing to a high level.

You are right on the list though is still long ways from being a contenders McGovern & Barass, Yeo will soon be retired.

5 players over 30 left.

List got young quickly.

And every team has retirees. And normally if your over 30 and still playing you are half decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fremantle havn't beaten West Coast in a Derby when we were actually good since 2012 & it was one a piece that year.

Eagles just put your arse to bed a fortnight after being the talk of priority pick needy by VICMEDIA, the team supposedly even worse than Fitzroy.

Little brothers Fremantle are boring as batshit even when they're half decent.
Um..... Freo beat the eagles in the early derby of 2015....

Both teams made top 4.

Try again my mate!

So...once?

I know you guys dont have much to hang your hat on, but that aint it.
tell me the last time freo had a bad 2 season run like the eagles did in 2022 and 2023?

Dockers finished bottom in 2001 with 2 wins.

that was between 2000 in which dockers got 8 wins and 2002 in which dockers got 9 wins. So at worst in a 2 season stretch, freo got at least 10 wins in a 2 season period.

tell me the last time freo had a bad 2 season run like the eagles did in 2022 and 2023?

that was between 2000 in which dockers got 8 wins and 2002 in which dockers got 9 wins. So at worst in a 2 season stretch, freo got at least 10 wins in a 2 season period.
So what? Every single dockers fan alive would endure that for 4 flags if you gave them the choice.

Also when was the last time freo had an injury crisis anywhere near that level? No amount of bad seasons take away a flag.

So what? Every single dockers fan alive would endure that for 4 flags if you gave them the choice.

Also when was the last time freo had an injury crisis anywhere near that level? No amount of bad seasons take away a flag.
Glad you asked this question...

2016 when freo went 0-10 and crippled with injury.....

Ask your mate Keys about it....

Heres a link from the AFL website to prove that.... not wikipedia. lol

So half a season?
A full season mate.

Also... you eagles found it funny when freo dropped in 2016 didnt you. A reason I disliked Nick Nat was that he "accidently" injured Sandilands and broke his Ribs.

This is the West coast eagles mind set...

Eagles fans when freo were 0-10 in 2016, ended up with 4 wins that year: Hahahahah Freo are poo! lol

Eagles fans when the eagles finished bottom 2 in 2022 and 2023: This is unfair, covid and injuries stuffed the eagles!

A full season mate.

Also... you eagles found it funny when freo dropped in 2016 didnt you. A reason I disliked Nick Nat was that he "accidently" injured Sandilands and broke his Ribs.

This is the West coast eagles mind set...

Eagles fans when freo were 0-10 in 2016, ended up with 4 wins that year: Hahahahah Freo are poo! lol

Eagles fans when the eagles finished bottom 2 in 2022 and 2023: This is unfair, covid and injuries stuffed the eagles!

End of the day both teams were completely ravaged by injury and whatever else which explains the extremely poor performances those years, not sure what the point of having a pissing contest over who's year was worse is?

Of course we found it funny, just like you found our 2022 and 23 funny, and again why us belting you last week was even funnier, it's the nature of the rivalry you don't need to take it personally.

Who was saying it's unfair? The blame was always directed at the club and staff for mismanagement

Congrats for only being consistently not good not rarely really s**t?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back