2nds Crows in the SANFL Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Even more impressive was 3 frees for and only 1 against. If you fix up the negative parts of your game then all you have left is positives.

His next step is to clunk ten marks and kick five whilst still getting the tackles

That has got to be his most impressive free kick count EVER :)

Even more impressive was 3 frees for and only 1 against. If you fix up the negative parts of your game then all you have left is positives.
Dare I suggest that Smack's case might be different.. "If you fix up the negative parts of your game, then there's nothing left at all". :p

There was a lady that stood next to me at the game yesterday, and she clearly didn't know it was McKernan.

Lady "Who's number 15?"

Partner "He's McKernan, listed for the Crows"

Lady "He doesn't commit to the ball, I don't like him".

I think that sums up how a lot of us feel about Smack. Has the mobility and talent, just doesn't have any confidence and doesn't attack the game. He had little to no impact on the game again last night.

Lyons was a class above, and should be playing this afternoon. Callinan was so quiet, I didn't even know he was playing up to half time. Had 3 disposals at HT, finished on 11 for the match. Moved alright, didn't use the ball that well though.

They've posted this weeks stats from the SANFL on the AFC's website.

SANFL league stats:
Jarryd Lyons (Glenelg): 15 kicks, 10 handballs, six clearances
Shaun McKernan (Glenelg): Five kicks, five handballs, four marks, 1.0
Ian Callinan (Central District): Nine kicks, two handballs, 2.1
Lewis Johnston (North): Five kicks, three handballs, 1.0
Mitch Grigg (Norwood): 17 kicks, three handballs, five clearances
Bernie Vince (Eagles): 17 kicks, nine handballs, seven clearances, 1.0
Luke Thompson (Eagles): 10 kicks, 11 handballs, six marks
Brodie Smith (Eagles): Nine kicks, eight handballs
Brodie Martin (Sturt): 17 kicks, 10 handballs, 10 marks, 2.1
Aidan Riley (Sturt): 12 kicks, 12 handballs, seven marks, six clearances
Richard Tambling (Sturt): 12 kicks, four handballs
Angus Graham (Sturt): Seven kicks, eight handballs, six marks, 34 hit outs
Tim McIntyre (Sturt): Six kicks, three handballs, 2.0
Kyle Hartigan (South): 16 kicks, five handballs, 10 marks
Ben Dowdell (South): Three kicks, nine handballs, four marks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are looking down the path of Kerridge as a developing tagger then I cant see Lyons, Martin or Riley getting a game anytime soon.

Mackay has been disappointing this season. Thought he would come on a lot more than he has. His strengths of clean hands and top notch disposal is almost non existent. However he does do some good things that make it hard for the selection panel to drop him. A ballsy call would be to drop him for Lyons/Riley/Martin.

Petrenko is another hard one. He does provide that intense pressure that we need but he has no touch with the actual ball for the most part. Hard to drop.

Porps is getting by on his talent at the moment. It saddens me to say this but I think the call should be made to drop him to give L/M/R a chance.

Unlikely any of these calls will be made though.

If we are looking down the path of Kerridge as a developing tagger then I cant see Lyons, Martin or Riley getting a game anytime soon.

Mackay has been disappointing this season. Thought he would come on a lot more than he has. His strengths of clean hands and top notch disposal is almost non existent. However he does do some good things that make it hard for the selection panel to drop him. A ballsy call would be to drop him for Lyons/Riley/Martin.

Petrenko is another hard one. He does provide that intense pressure that we need but he has no touch with the actual ball for the most part. Hard to drop.

Porps is getting by on his talent at the moment. It saddens me to say this but I think the call should be made to drop him to give L/M/R a chance.

Unlikely any of these calls will be made though.
If Mackay doesn't start delivering what we know he can, Lyons could easily take his place. Would like to see Mackay given a bit more time to adjust to playing back in the midfield.

Pets is safe as no one else offers his defensive role in the forward line.

Porps needs to go back to Westies & find some form as we need Porps back to his best.

There was a lady that stood next to me at the game yesterday, and she clearly didn't know it was McKernan.

Lady "Who's number 15?"

Partner "He's McKernan, listed for the Crows"

Lady "He doesn't commit to the ball, I don't like him".

I think that sums up how a lot of us feel about Smack. Has the mobility and talent, just doesn't have any confidence and doesn't attack the game. He had little to no impact on the game again last night.
You sure it just wasn't the lady saying in a polite way he ain't got the "aggots" for AFL????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back