2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly why they are not ready to play AFL .....if you don't want to play them on good SANFL fwds ....what are you expecting up at the next level
I guess you make a good point

Only Adelaide would be stupid enough to play Curtin as a key defender on the best forwards in the league at AFL level

Well, I'm certainly not throwing players to the wolves, setting them back ....and potentially destroying their confidence

So the answer is a resounding yes !
Curtin is definitely not ready to play KPD in the AFL, what about half back flank, wing? Or do you agree with Nicks that he should be playing as KPD?

How about Dowling, Taylor who have been on the list for longer?

Curtin is definitely not ready to play KPD in the AFL, what about half back flank, wing? Or do you agree with Nicks that he should be playing as KPD?

How about Dowling, Taylor who have been on the list for longer?
I'd be happy with Curtin replacing Hamill ....who hasn't a future ....just cannot stop leading with his head down

Dowling and Taylor are not ready .....Dowling reminding me of Tom Powell at present, who's been a long burn .....and not impressing today, gets brushed off the ball way too easily

I'd be happy with Curtin replacing Hamill ....who hasn't a future ....just cannot stop leading with his head down

Dowling and Taylor are not ready .....Dowling reminding me of Tom Powell at present, who's been a long burn .....and not impressing today, gets brushed off the ball way too easily
So you’re disagreeing with Nicks again but again backing in his coaching abilities…..

Doesn’t compute Wayne

So you think Smith is playing better than Hamill?

Seriously?

Have you been watching our games at all?

How many BOG does Dowling need in the sanfl before proving he would be more useful than McHenry?

If we've got guys in their 4th year who aren't ready to at least become best 22 players (Cook, Pedlar), then it's a fail in either (a) talent identification or (b) development. Exceptions being 200cm ruck/forward types who do take a bit longer. The two aforementioned players were first round picks also.

Something is breaking down. It is not just a matter of waiting it out.

If we've got guys in their 4th year who aren't ready to at least become best 22 players (Cook, Pedlar), then it's a fail in either (a) talent identification or (b) development. Exceptions being 200cm ruck/forward types who do take a bit longer. The two aforementioned players were first round picks also.

Something is breaking down. It is not just a matter of waiting it out.
Cook has loads of talent .....but his intensity & desire has not come on

Pedlar .....his season has fallen off the rails ....we don't know what's happened in the off-season ......but similarly with Oliver's season derailing ...it doesn't diminish the obvious talent of Pedlar
We're missing his attack on the ball

Cook has loads of talent .....but his intensity & desire has not come on

Pedlar .....his season has fallen off the rails ....we don't know what's happened in the off-season ......but similarly with Oliver's season derailing ...it doesn't diminish the obvious talent of Pedlar
We're missing his attack on the ball
So why are these guys not developing?

Even Rachele has gone backwards since his first game at the club.

You can't just keep blaming the individual players.

How would they compare to someone like McHenry? I mean, whats to lose?

I think with Cook .....he was always a fwd, who the Club tried to play out of position

Pedlar ...well, we don't have the full story

Rachele ....he's just realising the fears I had when he was drafted .....his is more fitness, but also as an ex Soccer player, he doesn't play a physical game, you'd expect from his physique & power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think with Cook .....he was always a fwd, who the Club tried to play out of position

Pedlar ...well, we don't have the full story

Rachele ....he's just realising the fears I had when he was drafted .....his is more fitness, but also as an ex Soccer player, he doesn't play a physical game, you'd expect from his physique & power

Ok thats 3. Now do a critique of all the rest that have stagnated or gone backwards.

then blame it all on drafting...

You can't just keep blaming the individual players.
What? Rachele took a big step in the first 8 weeks of his 2nd year after transitioning into the midfield, he average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10 and then burnt out for the entire year. He hasn't had a real look in the midfield this year until the last few games but still kicked 3 excellent goals against GCS playing up forward and had 20 disposals, 514m gain at 88% TOG and kicked a goal against Essendon and was good against Carlton, Melbourne and Geelong, his only poor game this year was against Fremantle.

In the most simple terms, there is a system and there are players.

The trick is to try and align both in the best possible way.

Sure you have the chicken and egg thing, but great coaches just make this work and seem to find the system and roles that allows the player to flourish.

Nicks is poor at this and it shows at the AFL and SANFL level.

It's like some warped attempt at teaching the player a lesson but all it does is dent confidence and create resentment.

This ain't primary school. These are young men with high testosterone levels (nothing illegal) and big egos. You need to feed and build those egos in the right team based way to create a win at all cost culture.

Nicks is creating weak soft individuals and this shows in the results.

I watch the sanfl side on the afl site live each game. Curtin needs to be playing hbf in the seniors next week. Charlie Edwards got crucified this week by Harry Shonneberg and Luke Pedlar taking his midfield minutes. The kid has real talent like Zack Taylor he's another one that needs to be moved up now he's over his injuries. Like Soligo he's got IT.
Billy Dowling is ready right now. He's not a world beater but he definitely needs a chance right now instead of being held back by stupid the ***holes trying to pick the team.
FFS Nichs wake up and use yer bald nuggin for once.

I watch the sanfl side on the afl site live each game. Curtin needs to be playing hbf in the seniors next week. Charlie Edwards got crucified this week by Harry Shonneberg and Luke Pedlar taking his midfield minutes. The kid has real talent like Zack Taylor he's another one that needs to be moved up now he's over his injuries. Like Soligo he's got IT.
Billy Dowling is ready right now. He's not a world beater but he definitely needs a chance right now instead of being held back by stupid the ***holes trying to pick the team.
FFS Nichs wake up and use yer bald nuggin for once.
Hey The Bald nuggin is a good fly catcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Back