2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So the match day coach doesn't get to have a say in how to use the players?

Surely not.

There would be discussions prior with Nicks, but surely it's up to Godden on the day.

Any ways they can both piss off!
SANFL is a development team. So yeah, positions set by Nicks and his assistants.

They see him as a defender.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Eagles sure as hell wouldn’t be wasting him at FB in the lower leagues. He was rated alongside Reid as the best talent of last years draft, and yet we have him playing on monsters at SANFL level in a position he will never play at AFL level.
Exactly.

He won't be big enough to play Key Defender.

And we have Worrell doing very well as that mid/loose defender.

The trio of Worrell/Keane/Michalanney is one key positive this year.

Curtin won't fit in there.

His AFL career with us is mid.

I truly don't get it.

Biggest complaint last year was no players knocking the door down and no one was ready. This year we have arguably 3-4 players putting their hand up for a debut and we have coaches going....oh...they aren't ready.

Yet they appear to out play their AFL experienced team mates.

Not many spots are open, the afl team is dominating

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m seeing what Harley Reid is doing and it’s making me even angrier about how we are developing Curtin so far. Curtin is a genuine elite mid/wing talent that is wasting away playing on number one KPFs, a role he will never see at AFL level.

There's only 2 genuine reasons that he's playing in that role;

1. That's the role they think he'll play at AFL level
2. That's the role they need him in most to maximise the chances of an SANFL win

Neither is good. But they did put SANFL success on the table as a key pointer to successful rebuilding, so I expect 2. is the answer. Which is much worse than 1.

I doubt Godden picks where these guys play.

Nicks sees Curtin as a Key Defender and Godden would instruct him to play there.

He trains as a Defender, not a mid or wing.

Finally get a potential elite mid in the draft and we Nicks mis judges his talent.

But did we get a "potential elite mid" in the draft? Big on here, but how much of it is just seeing the pick used combined with quality vision and disposal and needing him to be a mid. Plenty of guys not playing midfield that hit up targets like he does.

I’m seeing what Harley Reid is doing and it’s making me even angrier about how we are developing Curtin so far. Curtin is a genuine elite mid/wing talent that is wasting away playing on number one KPFs, a role he will never see at AFL level.
Don’t get angry for Curtin. He’ll be playing alongside Harley Reid in 3 years 😉.

Dowling couldn't be doing anymore, but won't be selected because of reasons.
FFS - he's had two good games!

I'd play him as well, but the ridiculous over the top whinges are crazy.

He's 19 and he only now looks like he can really compete against men.

Give him a game and keep the ridiculous expectations to a minimum.

His second half of last season was really strong as well wasn’t it? Once he was given more midfield time he improved quickly, a lot were calling for him to be selected at the end of last year based on his improved form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His second half of last season was really strong as well wasn’t it? Once he was given more midfield time he improved quickly, a lot were calling for him to be selected at the end of last year based on his improved form.
We start from Square One every preseason

Memory wipe at season's end

We start from Square One every preseason

Memory wipe at season's end
That is true, I always forget that. Hence why Murphy etc always get games at the start of the year after a strong preseason, then we can’t make changes to the team during the year because continuity is the only other value that we rate.

I agree he's no Harley Reid is he

Dowling doesnt even have half the tank Reid has. He needs at least 2 more years building a tank. Reid will break down soon just you wait and then who will be laughing

Get them both in as we need to find out.
No we don't ....watch yesterday's game and the answer is obvious

Edwards way too tentative ...hasn't learn't to use his frame or skills ....that won't improve by promoting him, just set him back

Curtin and Ryan were given Hosie and McBean to defend. Why? The have a combined 4 games experience and are playing against the two best forwards in the SANFL. I thought Ryan did really well, although Hosie got 4 goals, Ryan did more around the ground and contested well.

Curtin kept going but was beaten by a larger, faster more experienced player. Should have moved him at half time, swapping hm and Himmelberg was the obvious move. Baffling coaching.
Exactly why they are not ready to play AFL .....if you don't want to play them on good SANFL fwds ....what are you expecting up at the next level

No we don't ....watch yesterday's game and the answer is obvious

Edwards way too tentative ...hasn't learn't to use his frame or skills ....that won't improve by promoting him, just set him back
So what is your priority for this year given it's already a write off?

Continue to leave our best young talent in the sanfl to avoid getting afl games into them...

So what is your priority for this year given it's already a write off?

Continue to leave our best young talent in the sanfl to avoid getting afl games into them...
Well, I'm certainly not throwing players to the wolves, setting them back ....and potentially destroying their confidence

So the answer is a resounding yes !

Well, I'm certainly not throwing players to the wolves, setting them back ....and potentially destroying their confidence

So the answer is a resounding yes !
Lol, did Max have his confidence destroyed?

Soligo?

Rachele?

Have you had a chat to the club psychologist?

You resoundingly have no idea as you couldn't possibly no!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back