2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just came here to say the same thing. Interesting. Report link below.
We've got Pedlar, Shoey, Dowling, Taylor, Boyle and Edwards along with Strachan in our midfield and we cant get the ball into our forward line.
What the hell is going on ?
4 goals 3 at 3/4 time

Interesting that Himmelberg was named BOG for us and not one mention of his name in that article
Sounds like Oskar Ryan is showing a bit

We've got Pedlar, Shoey, Dowling, Taylor, Boyle and Edwards along with Strachan in our midfield and we cant get the ball into our forward line.
What the hell is going on ?
4 goals 3 at 3/4 time

Interesting that Himmelberg was named BOG for us and not one mention of his name in that article
Sounds like Oskar Ryan is showing a bit
I couldnt tell you. I dont watch the SANFL games and can't attend as I live in Melb. My entire impression is gleaned from highlights packages and reports on here from those who watch live. Which is why the report is interesting as some seem to think Curtin is struggling? The report writer (AFC media?) has named him in our best.

I couldnt tell you. I dont watch the SANFL games and can't attend as I live in Melb. My entire impression is gleaned from highlights packages and reports on here from those who watch live. Which is why the report is interesting as some seem to think Curtin is struggling? The report writer (AFC media?) has named him in our best.
i didn't see the game either and just read the article but you would think that midfield should be at least breaking even and giving our forwards some opportunity.
It's nice to think the AFC media reckon Curtin's going ok

Ben Filosi is a part-time “sports journalist/blogger” who is contracted by the AFC to provide the Five Key takeaways each week. He has considerably less credibility than most posters on this thread who watch the AFC Twos.

Despite Strachanie dominating hit outs our midfield was slaughtered in the first three quarters. We mainly ran Dowling, Taylor, Schoenberg and Pedlar as inside mids. Imho, Zac Taylor was the most influential of our mids. Dowling had the most possessions but didn’t have great hurt factor. Pedlar did a few nice things but his disposal was poor and his second efforts weren’t great. Surprisingly, Schoenberg played quite well considering it was his first game back after a serious injury.

Himmelberg and Strachan were the best of our big men and Burgess kicked three goals from very limited opportunities. Ryan was the best of the new kids and Curtin was nowhere near our best players.

League

F: Tahana, T. Murray, Daniele

HF: Gallagher, Smithson, O’Leary

C: Schoenberg, J. Boyle, Bond

HB: Curtain, Burgess, Madgen

B: Ryan, Butts, Clifford

R: Strachan, Edwards, Taylor

INT: Davis, Sigal, McDonald, Whimpress, H. Boyle, Thomas

IN: Butts, Clifford, Davis, Sigal, McDonald, Thomas

OUT: Welsh (AFL Academy), Himmelberg (AFL), Pedlar (AFL), Dowling (AFL)

NEW: Jayden Davis (Prince Alfred OC), Austin McDonald (Barossa District)

Will be in 26 man squad. Assume 25 travel. So one to drop back to sanfl. Berg may be the Tall emergency in case we need to replace a tall.
Yeah looks like Dowling, Pedlar, EH and Murphy are either emergencies or playing

I’d assume EH travels, either as tall insurance or as a Gollant replacement

You can watch our 2nds on the AFL app or catch a replay.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His second half of last season was really strong as well wasn’t it? Once he was given more midfield time he improved quickly, a lot were calling for him to be selected at the end of last year based on his improved form.
Really strong?

No. I watched every one of those games and he was promising, but only relative to his experience and draft position.

Curtin got monstered last week by the Bays big forwards. Their delivery was 1st class. What I like about Curtin is when he gets clear and has the ball in hand he uses it very well. Hopefully HBF this will give him some confidence back after McBean last week. Godden struck again. He hates our young highly rated draft picks. Plays them out of form. He's a total ****wit of a coach.
Curtin was nowhere a best player last week in spite of what some in the media are saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curtin got monstered last week by the Bays big forwards. Their delivery was 1st class. What I like about Curtin is when he gets clear and has the ball in hand he uses it very well. Hopefully HBF this will give him some confidence back after McBean last week. Godden struck again. He hates our young highly rated draft picks. Plays them out of form. He's a total ****wit of a coach.
Curtin was nowhere a best player last week in spite of what some in the media are saying.

I felt that he got less monstered physically against McBean than Keane did last year. Glenelg's delivery was first class, but McBean was also great at generating space away from Curtin with his repeated leads. At least 3 of McBeans 5 goals last week were on other opponents or from umpire incompetence.

I think I’ve said it before, but how Jack Madgen played nearly 50 AFL games is amazing.

And for us to choose him as our captain is even more amazing 🤦‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back