• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And clearly the best team song in footy.
I like Unis Song

We're the Mighty Uni Team
By far the best youve ever seen
With Talent and Team Work we always combine
And when we get tired Sandy Gives us Ginger wine
And We're the fittest team you know
And Bob Neil is a legend so
So open up those kegs of beer
Cause we'll win some flags this year
The blacks The blacks The blacks are fit
The blacks The black The blacks suck piss

Do tell...
I can only remember the first verse as it has been some decades since I sang it. I think it is taken from an old Irish folk song - I am pretty sure Dylan did a cover of its as well. We only sang the first verse after a win, but quite a few more were sung on Lost Weekends...

We’re Ramblers, we’re gamblers, we’re a long way from home
If you do not like us then leave us alone
We’ll drink when were thirsty
And we’ll drink when were dry
If the whisky doesn’t kill us then we’ll live till we die!

I can attest that in my short time at Ramblers, there is a lot of truth in the third and fourth lines....

West Coast Eagles CEO Trevor Nisbett tells WAFL presidents club could join national reserves competition or expanded VFL​

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett told WAFL club presidents on Tuesday that a national reserves competition or joining an expanded VFL was an option for West Coast if they did not believe they were getting the right conditions to develop young players in their stand alone WAFL team.

He flagged the possibility the Eagles could follow South Australian counterparts Adelaide and Port Adelaide in looking to an expanded VFL and potentially an AFL reserves competition to develop young players in.

West Coast leaving the competition would cost the WAFL clubs $600,000 in annual licence fees, which would swell to more than $1 million lost if Fremantle followed and abandoned their alignment with Peel.

WAFL Council of Presidents spokesman Mark Stewart said he believed it would be too expensive for the Eagles to seriously consider

West Coast Eagles CEO Trevor Nisbett tells WAFL presidents club could join national reserves competition or expanded VFL​

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett told WAFL club presidents on Tuesday that a national reserves competition or joining an expanded VFL was an option for West Coast if they did not believe they were getting the right conditions to develop young players in their stand alone WAFL team.

He flagged the possibility the Eagles could follow South Australian counterparts Adelaide and Port Adelaide in looking to an expanded VFL and potentially an AFL reserves competition to develop young players in.

West Coast leaving the competition would cost the WAFL clubs $600,000 in annual licence fees, which would swell to more than $1 million lost if Fremantle followed and abandoned their alignment with Peel.

WAFL Council of Presidents spokesman Mark Stewart said he believed it would be too expensive for the Eagles to seriously consider

Be the best thing that could happen to the crows..

pissant SANFL with its ludicrously biased umpiring is little more than a joke.

Be the best thing that could happen to the crows..

pissant SANFL with its ludicrously biased umpiring is little more than a joke.
So we'd get biased AFL style umpiring instead?

With the Mt Barker Summit Sportsground sitting there gathering dust in winter with Mt Barker pulling out of using the facility and the HFL not interested, the SANFL should encourage the Crows to play home games there on a Sunday. Might be able to get some new people watching SANFL. If popular, who knows, maybe there could be a new SANFL team, or at least an SANFL juniors hills based team created to play from that facility. I imagine the council and government, who would've poured in millions, would want the facility to be used regularly. The Crows could also more easily reach out to there eastern SA country supporters via some SANFL games at Mt Barker.

WC will have to do the heavy lifting, Olsen will never voluntarily pull our yearly 500k fee from his SANFL mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[QUOTE="WaynesWorld19, post: 81552393, member: 8907" ]

[/QUOTE]

Wow - that's a pretty overt statement for another club to make about what we're planning? I didn't think it was so widely assumed it was happening?

With the Mt Barker Summit Sportsground sitting there gathering dust in winter with Mt Barker pulling out of using the facility and the HFL not interested, the SANFL should encourage the Crows to play home games there on a Sunday. Might be able to get some new people watching SANFL. If popular, who knows, maybe there could be a new SANFL team, or at least an SANFL juniors hills based team created to play from that facility. I imagine the council and government, who would've poured in millions, would want the facility to be used regularly. The Crows could also more easily reach out to there eastern SA country supporters via some SANFL games at Mt Barker.
If there’s gonna be a new SANFL team it needs to be in the north eastern suburbs.

This is one I actually hate in AFL (although don’t remember as many this year)- a player kicks it, opposition has chance to touch it/take possession but chooses to let it roll
Out and it’s paid deliberate.

IMO that ability to touch it means it can’t be deliberate, the player kicking it can’t know someone else will choose to leave it

the player is required to exhibit sufficient intent to keep the ball in play. It's not up to oppo to save his bacon if he doesn't provide it.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, I have a SANFL query.

I have recently moved across to SA and bought a house down in Port Noarlunga.

Whilst I can't get across to the G to watch my beloved Pies each week, I would still like to have a footy fix.

As I am not up with it with SANFL team, I would appreciate some advice on who to follow.
Whether it be location, history, or some other reason.

I did look on the SANFL threads but there was little to no movement, so I thought to ask the SA club boards.
So there was you guys, or Port. I wanted an open and honest opinion.
So there was you guys :)

Apart from knowing Port have been hard done by for not winning the last 8 flags and apparently Ken needs to be sacked, there wasn't much more info to tell.

I am well aware that Adeliade have a feeder club in the SANFL, I am sure some of you had other clubs, prior to the birth of the Crows.

Any Info would be great.

Cheers
Glenelg Tigers. Premiers of league and reserves. They'll be successful for a while longer I'd say.

There'll be some sort of leaving the league tax that we agreed to years ago and we'll be left pumping hundreds of thousands of dollars into their coffers annually for decades

Sounds like something Trigg would have agreed to

Back