• Doedee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schoenberg

Votes: 23 27.1%
  • Milera

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks guys for the great clarifications.

Prior to coming across to SA, I was in Echuca and loved local football.
I think next season, I will do this, go and have a look.
Starting to have a soft spot for Panthers, as they seem like battlers and could use the support ;).
Love the Collingwood connection and the close proximity.
Not a fan of the Carlton Theme song, or the fact JHF came from there.

Glenelg has potential, as I do like the bars and the area.

As I hate Port Adelaide (hate is a terrible word). As I totally, completely, vehemently, absolutely despise Port Adelaide (yeah, thats better) do they have a natural enemy in the SANFL, because I could find a soft spot for them also?

As for this years GF, I am still contemplating whether to go to the G to watch Coll-Bris.
If I choose to stay home, is there a cool pub in the southern area, that will have the game on a big screen and have a good atmosphere?

Apologies once more, for the bombardment of questions.

Port’s traditional and bitter rival is Norwood. Norwood and Collingwood over the years have had a quite a connection from the 1970s and 80s players like Phil Carman, Michael Taylor, Craig Kelly onwards to the 90s Tony Francis, Brett James etc.

Cooper’s Hill is an excellent place to watch a game with a selection of Cooper’s finest ales on tap. About a 35 minute drive from Port Noarlunga.

I also recommend Beck’s Bakehouse at Port Noarlunga. Very tasty work there.

Few names popping up on the rumour mill on who will get the WWT job, Matthew Wright's name among them, along with Scott Thompson and Heath Younie.

Few names popping up on the rumour mill on who will get the WWT job, Matthew Wright's name among them, along with Scott Thompson and Heath Younie.
I'm thinking Younie getting a bit of noise. Barlow from Werribee mentioned. Basset is available but would be a waste at SANFL level. There may be an announcement at the Eagles club champion night October 7

I'm thinking Younie getting a bit of noise. Barlow from Werribee mentioned. Basset is available but would be a waste at SANFL level. There may be an announcement at the Eagles club champion night October 7

We should be on the blower to Bass. His knowledge of the game was wasted at Port.

Starting to have a soft spot for Panthers, as they seem like battlers and could use the support ;).

As I hate Port Adelaide (hate is a terrible word). As I totally, completely, vehemently, absolutely despise Port Adelaide (yeah, thats better) do they have a natural enemy in the SANFL, because I could find a soft spot for them also?

As for this years GF, I am still contemplating whether to go to the G to watch Coll-Bris.
If I choose to stay home, is there a cool pub in the southern area, that will have the game on a big screen and have a good atmosphere?

Norwood is Port’s main rival then probably Sturt. Not many Sturt connections at Collingwood apart from Brodie Grundy and Phil Carman off the top of my head.
The Seacliff Hotel is a good pub for the GF, bit closer to you. Not sure if they do any GF stuff but The Victory Hotel at Sellicks Hill is spectacular as are the beaches, wineries and breweries south of Pt Noarlunga.
Gods country down there.

Norwood is Port’s main rival then probably Sturt. Not many Sturt connections at Collingwood apart from Brodie Grundy and Phil Carman off the top of my head.
The Seacliff Hotel is a good pub for the GF, bit closer to you. Not sure if they do any GF stuff but The Victory Hotel at Sellicks Hill is spectacular as are the beaches, wineries and breweries south of Pt Noarlunga.
Gods country down there.
Scott Russell

Is development coach of the year based on reserves team results or development of players?
Is this meant to be sarcasm or genuine question.

The team has exceeded expectations for the last few seasons with restraints put on it. We always have posters knocking Godden on here but never giving factual reasons why. People were knocking the finals results because some players made themselves unavailable but that's not Godden's fault.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this meant to be sarcasm or genuine question.

The team has exceeded expectations for the last few seasons with restraints put on it. We always have posters knocking Godden on here but never giving factual reasons why. People were knocking the finals results because some players made themselves unavailable but that's not Godden's fault.

Genuine question.

You could make a case for Godden based on his results as a coach in the reserves league, but not sure he has the results to claim the most players developed from reserves standard to AFL standard this year

Genuine question.

You could make a case for Godden based on his results as a coach in the reserves league, but not sure he has the results to claim the most players developed from reserves standard to AFL standard this year
Probably correct but a hard one to answer considering the quality of players available via the draft.
One would think the GCS coach would have won it on results only.

Head over to safooty.net and there is good banter from a number of loyal followers of the SANFL. It does sound like South Adelaide could be your team. One of the oldest in the SANFL, they’ve suffered from historically not having a permanent home, but the move down to Noarlunga about 30 years ago is bearing fruit and the joy that will come to those loyal South fans who haven’t seen success since 1964 (and not much before then either) will be worth being a part of.

The criticism of the competition by some of the idiots on here should be ignored. They’ve become brain dead from watching the local media’s obsession with all things Crows or Power since they came in. The dedication of the players and coaches to be the best they can be, whilst working or studying, is very admirable and you’ll get a nice tour of Adelaide by attending the various home grounds of each of the clubs. Enjoy the footy.
Quality post

Good standard of football

Plenty of passion on the terraces even with a couple of thousand at games. Better atmosphere than AFL games in some ways because both clubs have support there.

Can have a kick of the footy on the oval in every break. Can listen to the coaches' address.

You're right about the kids being everywhere. More kids at SANFL games as a percentage than at AFL games I'd wager.

No doubt it went down a peg when the SANFL entered teams into the AFL but it's still a decent competition. I love going to Sturt games.

The Crows reserves is obviously a poor fit and I hate attending those games. The umpiring is ridiculous, the clubs don't want us there, we are only there because there's no better alternative. I think the ordinary experience Crows fans get to the above colours people's perception of the competition as a whole.

Quality post

Good standard of football

Plenty of passion on the terraces even with a couple of thousand at games. Better atmosphere than AFL games in some ways because both clubs have support there.

Can have a kick of the footy on the oval in every break. Can listen to the coaches' address.

You're right about the kids being everywhere. More kids at SANFL games as a percentage than at AFL games I'd wager.

No doubt it went down a peg when the SANFL entered teams into the AFL but it's still a decent competition. I love going to Sturt games.

The Crows reserves is obviously a poor fit and I hate attending those games. The umpiring is ridiculous, the clubs don't want us there, we are only there because there's no better alternative. I think the ordinary experience Crows fans get to the above colours people's perception of the competition as a whole.
Yep, I don’t get the need of some to want to talk down the competition. It’s still good football without the bullshit that goes along with the AFL.

Easy to get to, no exorbitant memberships or pricing, banter, great to stand and have a beer and catch up.

How can I forget the great Len Fitzgerald

380886499_10232956429598067_7450630485230609352_n.jpg
South Gawler 39 flags.

Most successful club in Australia?

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back