AFLW West Coast Womens Discussion

Current known train ons:

Rachel & Claire Ortlepp - Claremont
Laura Catherine - East Fremantle (190cm)
Briana Hyde - Swans & Woodville West Torrens
Bella Mann - Peel
Jaymee Duke & Grace Betti - West Perth

I am rapt that Catherine is a current train on.

She was very impressive in the WAFLW Grand Final for East Fremantle , genuine ruck and I am concerned that Lakay will need help ASAP this season.

Biggie whats the go with the train ons ?
Can they be elevated if there is a season ending injury ? ...... Whats their status ?

I would feel a lot more confident of winning some games ( or at least being more competitive ) if we had some additional ruck cover.

Jaymee Duke is a good size KPP 175 and I thought she showed promise.

Biggie whats the go with the train ons ?
Can they be elevated if there is a season ending injury
Yes I believe so mate but can't be sure.

Okay, my daughter is almost 4 and I think it’s time to try and get her into footy.

I’m gonna try and follow our Eagles girls with her.

I was successful with my son by following a specific player. In his case, the bearded god himself JK.

Who is the JK, or even Culley equivalent in the women’s team for my daughter and I to get around?

Cheers.

Phoar. Do we have enough interest from the board?

Incentivise it

Sign up for the AFLW draft, you get a guaranteed top 30 spot for the men's sponsor draft

Best AFLW sponsor gets top spot in the men's draft maybe? Though that may be a bridge too far depending on the overlap of the season and when the Rookie draft ends

Is it time to get sponsors for our players?

Would be keen to get around it - bullish on Bella Lewis for this year, reckon there was a bit too much grumbling from fans after not firing as a 19 year old in her second season. Will be a good nuggety Prestia to our Dusty in Roberts :hearteyes:

Otherwise would be keen on Rowley for similarish (underrated) reasons. Fired up about this year despite not expecting much ladder wise, goals for mine is for us to scrap a win against a genuine contender rather than just St Kilda etc, build a bit of belief

Would be keen to get around it - bullish on Bella Lewis for this year, reckon there was a bit too much grumbling from fans after not firing as a 19 year old in her second season. Will be a good nuggety Prestia to our Dusty in Roberts :hearteyes:

Otherwise would be keen on Rowley for similarish (underrated) reasons. Fired up about this year despite not expecting much ladder wise, goals for mine is for us to scrap a win against a genuine contender rather than just St Kilda etc, build a bit of belief
I had this thought to myself recently as well.... We tend to treat the draftees in the Women's team a lot more harshly in terms of immediate expectations to have an impact in the side. We have some bloody talent in the younger girls and I can't wait to see them gel/develop, hopefully still in the Blue and Gold 😅

That being said I think we will struggle in our backline this year. Not having Gooch for the season is going to sting and a few departures has us pretty thin for backline bulls. I reckon Sedunary will probably get thrown back and I actually wouldn't mind Hooker on half back as a skillful get out. If we don't have someone with elite touch down there i fear the better teams will just lock it in our D50 and pummel us, also depriving our younger kids/forwards the opportunity for development.

Back