AFLW West Coast Womens Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the Purps are spewing about this one!
Can confirm we are spewing. Freo did all of the work with her and gave her a game last year but you guys ended up with 7 of the first 8 draft picks and only rated her as your last pick.
Swings and roundabouts though, you guys had Low and Scanlon as train-ons and we benefited.

Eagles Social Media non existent

Hawthorn

Absolutely baffling that the away team can live tweet the whole game, and all we get is one “oh hey everyone btw the AFLW side played today”.

Richmond even managed to live stream their game against Freo from Rushton Park.

The club is an absolute rabble right now.

The club is an absolute rabble right now.

Sadly Miguel, this is so true.

The cancer that has developed in the Club has now metastasised to all parts of the operation.

The incompetency markers are alarming high….or they should be.

We have three teams, the ranking of them individually is not flattering, however the collective rankings paints a far more diabolical and deplorable picture.

AFLW we hold the wooden spoon.
AFL still in contention for the spoon.
WAFL well on the way to securing the spoon.

As much as I hate with a passion Kane Cornes, he is absolutely spot on with the Club having lowered its standards comments.

It’s an unsavoury aspect of incompetence that you would never have associated, with our once well managed Club.

I get that the soft cap thing has impacted us at various levels, but it’s hit all Club’s, so that not a valid excuse to fall behind the pack.

It’s almost like the spoilt child, ( once the family fell on hard times ) had to stand down the servants and maids, now the child is incapable of keeping their room tidy and even the simplest of tasks, like putting their dirty washing in the laundry is beyond them.

A fish rots from the head and we have troubles at the highest point of the Clubs decision making, words such as stale, out of touch, complacent, entitled , arrogant and incestuous come to mind.

The Club really needs a kick up the arse at the moment.

The most frustrating thing is that at the moment, I am not quite sure who can do that.

They have the media in their pocket.
We fans and members have no say.
The WAFC will be reluctant to do anything, as the Eagles are the cash cow that fund them, so the commission will be reluctant to rattle the cage, that’s needed to activate the necessary change- always look for the self interest.

So we are reliant on those who have got us into this predicament, being the very same people who are now charged with righting a listing ship.

It’s an unrealistic expectation, to think that without considerable change, there will be any significant improvement.

Right now the plight of the Club and it’s prospects of healing itself, are akin to expecting the cancer patient to be able to heal themselves.

What a fu(king mess we now find ourselves in as a Club.

Assuming Tam Luke is a tall forward...I reckon we're going to concede some bags throughout the season to talls. Gooch is a huge loss and McDonald isn't consistent enough. Hopefully Schilling continues to develop and grow.

Hawks social media team putting Kate out of a job here.
I saw McDonald at Optus yesterday so do we know if she even played?

Sadly Miguel, this is so true.

The cancer that has developed in the Club has now metastasised to all parts of the operation.

The incompetency markers are alarming high….or they should be.

We have three teams, the ranking of them individually is not flattering, however the collective rankings paints a far more diabolical and deplorable picture.

AFLW we hold the wooden spoon.
AFL still in contention for the spoon.
WAFL well on the way to securing the spoon.

As much as I hate with a passion Kane Cornes, he is absolutely spot on with the Club having lowered its standards comments.

It’s an unsavoury aspect of incompetence that you would never have associated, with our once well managed Club.

I get that the soft cap thing has impacted us at various levels, but it’s hit all Club’s, so that not a valid excuse to fall behind the pack.

It’s almost like the spoilt child, ( once the family fell on hard times ) had to stand down the servants and maids, now the child is incapable of keeping their room tidy and even the simplest of tasks, like putting their dirty washing in the laundry is beyond them.

A fish rots from the head and we have troubles at the highest point of the Clubs decision making, words such as stale, out of touch, complacent, entitled , arrogant and incestuous come to mind.

The Club really needs a kick up the arse at the moment.

The most frustrating thing is that at the moment, I am not quite sure who can do that.

They have the media in their pocket.
We fans and members have no say.
The WAFC will be reluctant to do anything, as the Eagles are the cash cow that fund them, so the commission will be reluctant to rattle the cage, that’s needed to activate the necessary change- always look for the self interest.

So we are reliant on those who have got us into this predicament, being the very same people who are now charged with righting a listing ship.

It’s an unrealistic expectation, to think that without considerable change, there will be any significant improvement.

Right now the plight of the Club and it’s prospects of healing itself, are akin to expecting the cancer patient to be able to heal themselves.

What a fu(king mess we now find ourselves in as a Club.
Great post as always Monocle

You are dead right & quite frankly as a supporter it looks to me as the club just simply don’t give a fk about us

I heard just recently that Luke Shuey was at a gathering relating to the 2021 GF with Serong, P Cripps & Coniglio also present and he was by far the rudest of the lot and could not get out of there fast enough.

So many issues at the moment.

How many staff in the social media division at West Coast? If Kate's a one woman army I'll give her a pass yesterday because it was JK Day, but it's a ridiculous ask to have staff of the men's team cover the off-field women's team roles to begin with.

Propping up the women's team by asking existing staff to take on more work is part of the problem with the way AFLW is funded.

How many staff in the social media division at West Coast? If Kate's a one woman army I'll give her a pass yesterday because it was JK Day, but it's a ridiculous ask to have staff of the men's team cover the off-field women's team roles to begin with.

Propping up the women's team by asking existing staff to take on more work is part of the problem with the way AFLW is funded.

It does indeed seem to be symptomatic of a larger problem doesn't it. We are arguably the richest club in the AFL and I think the current crew have had it too good for too long... They seem to be treating the club more of a business than the once proud club we used to be. The old guard seem so out of touch with their supporter base.

Not publicising the practice match, the lack of effort and care around having a pride guernsey, the subsequent dealing of said fiasco, 3 coaches in 3 years at the helm of the Women's team, the mismanagement of recruiting in our inaugural year, the dubious circumstances under which Prior was appointed, failing to secure Scanlon because they would bar any currently signed players from participating in the WAFLW GF..... The list goes on as a comedy of errors and oversights that have lead us to where we are currently.

When will they start placing importance on the things that bloody matter? /Sigh

failing to secure Scanlon because they would bar any currently signed players from participating in the WAFLW GF
Heard she rejected us a mature age signing (with the other 3) and would have walked after her intial contract. This was waaay before the fiasco of not allowing players to play in the GF, which still pisses me off

She was always going to Fremantle.

It does feel like a one woman army hey. I actually really like the content Kate does put out - feel like things such as the inconsistent injury list updates and lack of live updates for the women's isn't really her fault, more a case of a person not being able to be two places at once/just having to deal with what the club gives her.

Reckon the clubs that actually cared about fan engagement would have at minimum two or three Kates and an intern they rope in as well - we'd just be like nah she's got this look at our membership tally case closed.

Even if membership and revenue are our only measures of success surely from there you'd strive for more, more, more rather than just settling off the back of the mens 2018

It does feel like a one woman army hey. I actually really like the content Kate does put out - feel like things such as the inconsistent injury list updates and lack of live updates for the women's isn't really her fault, more a case of a person not being able to be two places at once/just having to deal with what the club gives her.

Reckon the clubs that actually cared about fan engagement would have at minimum two or three Kates and an intern they rope in as well - we'd just be like nah she's got this look at our membership tally case closed.

Even if membership and revenue are our only measures of success surely from there you'd strive for more, more, more rather than just settling off the back of the mens 2018

We talk about “Kate” jokingly, I’m sure she’s not actually the only person running the social media accounts but you’re right, it’s absolutely a resourcing issue. It’s not the fault of the people hitting send, it’s what they’re being given to work with.

Can confirm we are spewing. Freo did all of the work with her and gave her a game last year but you guys ended up with 7 of the first 8 draft picks and only rated her as your last pick.
Swings and roundabouts though, you guys had Low and Scanlon as train-ons and we benefited.
Major correction - Claremont did the majority of work with Western. You could have taken her at pick 27 but chose Scanlon instead.

The WAFL clubs are doing really good things. Only needed to be at the WAFLW grand Final to realise how the clubs that have embraced the WAFLW concepts are so much stronger nowadays.

But as you say, swings and roundabouts with Scanlon. The 2 WA clubs are going to need to work together to get the level up. We then need to wax until the AFL realises WA women's football talent and the EBA warrant a truly national draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see Kate vs Miguel inside the Octagon after all the crap you've given her this season.

But no, they need to give better info to supporters especially in such a s**t season for all teams in this club.

The question isn't about whether the game is streamed or not ya dickheads 🤦‍♂️

It's about actually letting your fans and members know what's going on, so they have even a modicum of interest in your failing woman's program you're trying to grow and just gave away free memberships for.

West Coast Eagles AFLW coach Michael Prior was happy with his side’s result in Sunday’s pre-season match against expansion side Hawthorn, however admits there’s plenty of hard work still to be done before the upcoming season kicks off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back