VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

VAFA regrading of the thirds has seen a reshuffle to accommodate Old Xaverian teams to win as many flags as possible. With four thirds teams, two more than other club, they seem to be above the law of grading and apparently cannot be in the same division as other Xavier clubs. One of the Old Xavs teams will be moved a div in spite of being 4-0 and a percentage of 220. They will continue playing Richmond Central whom they beat by 90 points... Doesn't really seem fair and equitable.

VAFA regrading of the thirds has seen a reshuffle to accommodate Old Xaverian teams to win as many flags as possible. With four thirds teams, two more than other club, they seem to be above the law of grading and apparently cannot be in the same division as other Xavier clubs. One of the Old Xavs teams will be moved a div in spite of being 4-0 and a percentage of 220. They will continue playing Richmond Central whom they beat by 90 points... Doesn't really seem fair and equitable.
Should only be allowed 2 max same as 19's

So you’re saying they have 4 Club 18’s teams on top of Seniors and Reserves? That’s insane! That’s around 130 players to be filled each week….let alone the leftovers, injured, overseas etc. Imagine Thursday night training vying for a kick 🙄😳

So you’re saying they have 4 Club 18’s teams on top of Seniors and Reserves? That’s insane! That’s around 130 players to be filled each week….let alone the leftovers, injured, overseas etc. Imagine Thursday night training vying for a kick 🙄😳
Seniors and reserves train at different times, but still, plenty of blokes having a kick at OX, good on them. Would you rather these blokes playing footy or not? I know what I’d rather.

I say this coming from a club who has had to play against two SKOB and two OX sides in thirds footy before, it isn’t a whole heap of fun.

Xavs aside, there has been some interesting regrading of teams in the thirds competition.

Were clubs consulted about going up and declined? Or purely a VAFA decision. Just another head scratcher for mine.

Seniors and reserves train at different times, but still, plenty of blokes having a kick at OX, good on them. Would you rather these blokes playing footy or not? I know what I’d rather.

I say this coming from a club who has had to play against two SKOB and two OX sides in thirds footy before, it isn’t a whole heap of fun.
Nothing wrong with them having heaps of players - it's awesome that the VAFA has such a thriving thirds competition across the board, but I am of the opinion that Premier clubs, at least A and probably B, should be separate from the divisional clubs in the thirds comp, as they are in the reserves and seniors. Divisional clubs simply do not have the resources Premier clubs have, particularly those backed by a school. It really is a nail in the tyre when you have to come up against the Menages and the Crocs, plenty of them who could probably play senior footy in the divisions, just so they can fill their cup and win 7-8 premierships across their ten year careers...

Clubs have been notified via e-mail, fixtures yet to be loaded into the system for this coming weekend.

Any team you need info on?
I'll ask our secretary haha.

Nothing wrong with them having heaps of players - it's awesome that the VAFA has such a thriving thirds competition across the board, but I am of the opinion that Premier clubs, at least A and probably B, should be separate from the divisional clubs in the thirds comp, as they are in the reserves and seniors. Divisional clubs simply do not have the resources Premier clubs have, particularly those backed by a school. It really is a nail in the tyre when you have to come up against the Menages and the Crocs, plenty of them who could probably play senior footy in the divisions, just so they can fill their cup and win 7-8 premierships across their ten year careers...
Good post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to be able to see goal kickers in vafa results. Is there a way this season or am I looking in the wrong place?

Only by looking at every players statistics, another backwards step for this pathetic platform.

But some will tell you it’s awesome…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back