VAFA General Discussion 2022-2023-2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all.

Aucklander and I have had a couple of runs through recent posts in this thread and removed a few unsavoury comments.

The usual griping and gossip is par for the course, but some posts go overboard.

Site rules are here:

People who do not abide by them will have accounts blocked from threads, boards, or banned entirely.

If you see such posts, please report them so they can be attended to. We don't and can't read every post, and mods may be absent for periods around this time of year when people are busy or on holiday.

You can always contact admin here if anything is urgent:

Just watched the Local footy show. They did a blurb on Mentone. According to one of their committee 14 players returned from other clubs to make up the numbers. Excellent facilities and ground. Playing GE thirds tomorrow.

Do they only have the one side this year in the Clubbies? Do they have ambitions of re-joining divisional football?

Any danger this new Play HQ system might list the teams at some point between selection night and first bounce?
It's a pretty standard practice I would have thought.

Not an encouraging start. Will be interested to see how it goes with live games this afternoon.

Any danger this new Play HQ system might list the teams at some point between selection night and first bounce?
It's a pretty standard practice I would have thought.

Not an encouraging start. Will be interested to see how it goes with live games this afternoon.
It’s now crashed completely so no scores can be viewed for the entire competition.

Wonderful new system this

The other system had faults , but this needs to be F'd off

That's all good , but why change

FWIW death, taxes and the sports admin system falling over rd1
Recall a similar situation back in 2013 where the previous service didn't get the final scores from all grades uploaded until 11:30pm on Saturday night after Round 1. It was too late for the newspapers and the 88.3 Southern FM 'VAFA Sunday' program to get the results, and it forced the then VAFA Media Manager Andrew Leonard to go on BigFooty against advice and and give an explanation into what happened.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footscray.
They play just around the corner from Flemington racecourse. I think they still share a ground with the Footscray Cricket Club.
Parkside wear black andwhite stripes and have played in what is now the WFNL since it started in 1930.
Just find it strange , like having 2 Albert Parks

WFNL one was 1897
VAFA one was 1934

They have never played in the same competition due to their geography.
Just like St Albans (EDFL) and St Albans (GFL)
And there are heaps of St Mary's going around too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back