Analysis Unpopular North Board (Football) Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's to say that Jack's leadership doesn't take us even further?

Yeah sure mate, it might.

I strongly doubt off what I've seen (obviously far from everything) it would though.

Who's to say changing to Jack might mean another decade in the abyss also ala Murphy, Cotchin and co who were young (respectively) Captains and completely terrible and results to prove it? He might be a better understudy improving his game (which it needs) than head person until ready, who knows?

What I do know is we've made two prelims and for mine it's ridiculous to change Captains now, plus Swallow has stood up in big games and fully deserves to retain his Captaincy.

*que abuse* Ben Brown is overrated and once Ben McKay and Sam Durdin cement spots in our forward line in the next 2/3 years,Brown will not play more than 5 games a year

Yeah sure mate, it might.

I strongly doubt off what I've seen (obviously far from everything) it would though.

Who's to say changing to Jack might mean another decade in the abyss also ala Murphy, Cotchin and co who were young (respectively) Captains and completely terrible and results to prove it? He might be a better understudy improving his game (which it needs) than head person until ready, who knows?

What I do know is we've made two prelims and for mine it's ridiculous to change Captains now, plus Swallow has stood up in big games and fully deserves to retain his Captaincy.

For the love of god man don't ever compare Ziebell to Murphy and Cotchin again.

EVER

For the love of god man don't ever compare Ziebell to Murphy and Cotchin again.

EVER

Why? Both those guys are good (not elite) mids who were given captaincy far too early, and their clubs are both s**t and no chance of a premiership for a long time.

Point being why is it so important to give a comparatively young Capt the gig when (on evidence we see) it appears we are heading the right direction? If Jack made captain "to get better" and we miss the 8, I will be seriously ropeable.

Last edited:
Why? Both those guys are pretty good (not elite) who were given captaincy far too early, and their clubs are both s**t and no chance of a premiership for a long time.

Point being why is it so important to give a young Capt the gig when (on the surface) it appears we are heading the right direction? If Jack made captain and we miss the 8, I will be seriously ropeable.

Are you for real? Murphy & Cotch play like a couple of school girls compared to Jack, not exactly imposing figures are they? If Ziebell was made captain it wouldn't have anything to do with his age. As if making Ziebell captain would have anything to do with North missing the 8.

Talk about getting carried away about nothing. Swallows great. If they do decide to make Ziebell captain it's because they think he's ready.

Are you for real? Murphy & Cotch play like a couple of school girls compared to Jack, not exactly imposing figures are they? If Ziebell was made captain it wouldn't have anything to do with his age. As if making Ziebell captain would have anything to do with North missing the 8.

Talk about getting carried away about nothing. Swallows great. If they do decide to make Ziebell captain it's because they think he's ready.

Last time I checked I'm real?

Murphy and Cotchin are rubbish captains I agree but like Zeibell is still undeserved and unnecessary.

You're the one getting carried away about nothing.

Last time I checked I'm real?

Murphy and Cotch are rubbish captains I agree but like Zeibell is still undeserved and unnecessary.

You're the one getting carried away about nothing.

Lucky you had me worried.

Is Swallow a better leader then Ziebell? I'm not sure.

Maybe with Swallow coming off both knees being operated on they're thinking about bringing the change on earlier so Swallow can focus on getting himself right.

Absolutely lost me with comparing Ziebell as a leader to Murphy and Cotchin.

Nah. Swallow will stay Capt as he should be. JZ in a year or so if he cleans up his game and deliver more consistently.

The other two shouldn't be captains either.

Last edited:
Everyone at the club appears to have a say in the matter.....maybe Spitta is ready to relinquish the mantle. Maybe the leadership group is in for a shake up. Drew should bow out, no disrespect but we need a new group in the there now . The club has evolved, those younger players are ready to take more responsibility. I'd be surprised if Gibbo is still there this year to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Zeibell is so amazing make him Capt now.....whilst he pinpoints the opposition under no pressure, and continues to go to ground like a walrus when everyone else is playing which really hurts us.

Nah. Swallow will stay Capt as he should be. JZ in a year or so if he cleans up his game and deliver more consistently.

Oh I see. Trying to hedge your bets so that once he does become captain you can say "er well I did say once he cleans up his game". Turn it up. You either rate him and think he'll be a good captain or you don't. I've noticed the way you like to shitcan everyone but always leave yourself a little loop hole for whenyou're inevitably proven wrong.

Quite frankly it's pretty cowardly

Yeah, Zeibell is so amazing make him Capt now.....whilst he pinpoints the opposition under no pressure, and continues to go to ground like a walrus when everyone else is playing which really hurts us.

Jack's kicking isn't anymore of a problem than Wells'.

He also shits over Murphy and Cotchin as a leader. Both in a physically imposing and match winning sense.

Swallow is a fine captain, IMO Jack would be better.

Oh I see. Trying to hedge your bets so that once he does become captain you can say "er well I did say once he cleans up his game". Turn it up. You either rate him and think he'll be a good captain or you don't. I've noticed the way you like to shitcan everyone but always leave yourself a little loop hole for whenyou're inevitably proven wrong.

He's anything but cowardly.

One of a few blokes who thinks for himself and has the guts to state his opinions.

And he's right. Swallow should be captain. Jack needs to become reliable and consistent. He'll be captain soon, but it shouldn't be now.

Leadership is a whole lot more than having great foot skills
Yeah i have to agree with u there.

Interesting discussion tell me Fish Sticks do u have to be an Elite player to be Captain?
Do u have to have the best foot skills to be Captain?
Personally i don't think u do and i think the time is Now for J.Z to be Captain.
More of J.Z is what this team needs.

Who knows it might be just what he needs to go up another level and maybe the team will follow...

What is it that you don't like about Brown...?
Slow and cumbersome. Once it hits the ground he is next to useless. Was clearly found out in the finals series last year and exploited by teams on the rebound

Have a look what happens to teams (Richmond) when their captain gets sub 20 disposals in big games...

The difference between jacks worst and jacks best is too great for him to be skipper in my eyes. 11 times he had sub 20 disposals last year. You can't lead from the front if you aren't getting the pill.

He still has a lot of development to go on field before he becomes a genuine game breaker. I want him to reach that level before he takes on the extra responsibility of captain.

I don't think that it's an outrageous thing to say that until Jack improves his consistency and output he shouldn't be captain, but if he does do so in the next year-18 months then he's the next obvious choice. Things can change, they don't just stay as they are at this point in time.

Ziebell is a better leader than both Murphy and Cotchin.

But Murphy and Cotchin are a mile in front of Ziebell as footballers.

Let's not pretend.

Agreed

He's anything but cowardly.

One of a few blokes who thinks for himself and has the guts to state his opinions.

And he's right. Swallow should be captain. Jack needs to become reliable and consistent. He'll be captain soon, but it shouldn't be now.

Disagree in part. I think Saintly31 enjoys being overly critical to compensate for all the North supporters that dare be positive about players/the club in general.

I don't mind Swallow as captain. Just think Ziebell would be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back