Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking Aliens, they are gradually replacing the citizens with replicants.

Gotta be honest, my first thought was drug deal, there's a house down the road where they, over the weekend take their dirt bike out and just go hooning, they set off fireworks in the pine trees randomly and suffice to say, the pub has had their bins torched a few times.

My second thought was the share house next to me, as general rotational of addicts, low socio and currently at least tradespeople rotating through where we had speed dial to the owner and the cops about said house, old man got invited by owner to several dinners as apologies. When he died, one of the tradies came over to say anything I need, to ask her and she'll be there, so, you know, hit and miss.

Third thought was, much like me with my issues, they decided to just have a late night and we're getting back for early morning, since technically Easter Sunday night.

As it's been raining on and off all day, haven't been able to really go outside and have a sticky beak though to see if anything looks out of place to confirm anything.

tldr: lizard people obviously.

For how long can we continue with one ruckman with minor support. The Bomber's ruckmen controlled the centre bounces in the last quarter and gave their midfielders an armchair ride.

Our midfielders are continually being blamed as our weak link and I believe this is unfair, as it is difficult week in and out to attack in the centre square when the opposition ruckmen are in control.

It's time there was a rethink with how we optimise our rucking for 120 minutes.

You could also say we only needed one of our inaccurate forwards to kick straight.

In my new series of "Sounds and sights of Sunbury", well, seemingly anyway... I couldn't sleep, and since eczema on the face decided to lip balm as was majorly dry, anyway. So I walk out to the kitchen and what do I see at minutes to 3am in the street light outside?

One person almost directly across from the driveway on the street, standing back to me, seemingly dressed in white.
The back wheel of a bike of some description.
When eventually, as it seemed they were in a discussion about something, the white person moved...
Guy in light shorts and black tank top of some descript sitting on said bike.

I took a video, as I want this s**t documented on the off chance something is amiss as it's 3am and there was some animated conversation happening before they skiddaddled out of view.

As an update to this, in taking the bins out there was, stuffed up against the fence on the footpath, a paper coles bag, all rolled up and scrunched as best it can be when it gets rained on.

In poking at it with gloved hands as yeah, not stupid, there was something inside, cylindrical of some descript, maybe a bottle? Too wide to be a single syringe for example. Anyway, as bag was legit soaked, it's been binned as I don't want to know what would be in such a bottle shape, so I guess the potential drug talk would be pretty spot on given what I felt around said bag.

Hopefully, if there's a next time, it doesn't bucket down immediately afterwards and I can get to the bottom of if I need to involve cops or not. I'm half considering going back out and fishing it out of my bin and unwrapping it just to be 100% at this stage.

As an update to this, in taking the bins out there was, stuffed up against the fence on the footpath, a paper coles bag, all rolled up and scrunched as best it can be when it gets rained on.

In poking at it with gloved hands as yeah, not stupid, there was something inside, cylindrical of some descript, maybe a bottle? Too wide to be a single syringe for example. Anyway, as bag was legit soaked, it's been binned as I don't want to know what would be in such a bottle shape, so I guess the potential drug talk would be pretty spot on given what I felt around said bag.

Hopefully, if there's a next time, it doesn't bucket down immediately afterwards and I can get to the bottom of if I need to involve cops or not. I'm half considering going back out and fishing it out of my bin and unwrapping it just to be 100% at this stage.

Do it, I need to know.

Hopefully you aren't in a Tarantino movie.

Where is the latest installment of "The Sunbury Chronicles"......???

We're waiting to find out what was in the Coles paper bag......

I didn't open it back up, decided to maybe go out and then it rained again and I tossed up "it's 10pm, do I want to get wet again, nah, screw it" and went to bed instead.

If council/cops pop up with "so about your bin..." I'll update with video evidence of skullduggery, but at this stage I am waiting for the weekend mostly.

Did see an "ex' druggie hop out of 13cabs yesterday though for the neighbour, so who knows if he met with his supplier or not at this stage, lights are out next door so might be cooking.

Radio reporting that he's looking at 5 years with a 3 year minimum
A very sad state of affairs for someone that I enjoyed watching as a footballer!

Maximum penalty of 5y 4 months, in same breath as per article judge has been accepting that Chips has since tried turning his life around and doing his best to bring awareness. One can then assume since plea is to be provided, that the maximum wouldn't be enforced and it'll be more a "slap" than a punch given he was more the mule and not the ring.

But yes, AFL failure coming to roost and just sad otherwise. Puts the Eaqles situation into context with their access...

Maximum penalty of 5y 4 months, in same breath as per article judge has been accepting that Chips has since tried turning his life around and doing his best to bring awareness. One can then assume since plea is to be provided, that the maximum wouldn't be enforced and it'll be more a "slap" than a punch given he was more the mule and not the ring.

But yes, AFL failure coming to roost and just sad otherwise. Puts the Eaqles situation into context with their access...

So potentially could have got worse, but they recognised that his mate in W.A. was the main man, and didn't want Fisher to have a longer sentence than what that guy already got.
Therefore if Fisher pleads guilty he wont get worse than the 5y 4 months.

"Under Victoria’s standard sentencing regime, which imposes a guidepost of 16 years’ imprisonment for trafficking in a large commercial quantity, Morvan’s sentence would be “manifestly inadequate” in Victoria, the court was told."

So years ago Ibuprofen manufacturer Neurofin got busted making a heap of different products that they claimed targeted different types and locations of pain. All of them were essentially the same.

Now the same manufacturer is "closing the gender pain gap".
They run an add with someone who sooks about how she wasn't prescribed anything for her pain.

Ummm If you are pain and Neurofin is likely to fix it , go to the chemist or the supermarket and get some. I was told after the fact that i shouldn't have taken it for kidney stones because its bad for the Kidneys.

I recommend a generic brand to avoid paying overpriced bullshit margin to Reckitt.
Also try Asprin or Paracetamol, different things respond to different pain killers in different ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Jake Stringer taken up cage fighting?

Just pulled up at a pub in Winton for a cold lemonade after driving for ten hours.
Overhear a couple of locals talking about their mate got pulled over for riding his motorbike and wearing an ice cream 🍦 bucket as a helmet. 😛

Just pulled up at a pub in Winton for a cold lemonade after driving for ten hours.
Overhear a couple of locals talking about their mate got pulled over for riding his motorbike and wearing an ice cream 🍦 bucket as a helmet. 😛

Watermelons in short supply?

A very solid dismount but I would have to deduct a 1/2 point because his feet were not together whilst executing the inward two and a half pike

Two men feature in that Video, one of them is quite intelligent. ( he got the hell away ).

Live from the laundromat, it's Thursday pizza or fish & chips night. Already seen the pilates mob with both, no doubt looking to cheat as you do when you CBF and are next to them. Meanwhile... I'm all on my own with my beautiful singing voice to scare off the insects.

Also, place is possessed, random dryer just spinning, one stopped with just one towel in there beeping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back