Opinion Sooky La La Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm ******* livid that our team has been so poor and so lacking of success over so many years that we need to start a Sooky La La thread to deal with the horrendous mental scars we all bear.
I knew you would finally see the light that we are crap, welcome aboard the sh1t truck that is the Saints :oops:

Your spot on there gringo.

Being an absolute coffee head myself......it's amazing the different brews and blends and pricing that you get around town.

Don't you hare it when your hanging out for a coffee....and presto....you get a cup of milky water.

I got sick and tired of paying out the backside for a cup of coffee only for it to be undrinkable piss water about 20% of the time.
Invested in a coffee machine, nothing particularly high end just a Breville - cost a few dollars, but I kept track of every coffee I made and worked out it paid for itself within 3 months. Source some good local coffee beans, get the grind settings right, and learn how to froth the milk without burning it - perfect coffee every time.

I got sick and tired of paying out the backside for a cup of coffee only for it to be undrinkable piss water about 20% of the time.
Invested in a coffee machine, nothing particularly high end just a Breville - cost a few dollars, but I kept track of every coffee I made and worked out it paid for itself within 3 months. Source some good local coffee beans, get the grind settings right, and learn how to froth the milk without burning it - perfect coffee every time.

It's taken me years to get a really good coffee most times at home. I invested in a better Italian machine which makes excellent coffee sometimes but is very temperamental. I used to have a Breville that would do good but not exceptional more consistently. When you get it right with the good machine it's like the best barista coffee you could find but it seems to be one out of every ten cups I get perfect.

I drink black coffee.. usually Nescafe Blend 43 at home... figured after drinking that rocket fuel first thing in the morning, the day can't get much worse!

Sooky La La Coffee Thread now ? OK - I'll play - I use one of these ....... but I ******* HATE IT WHEN THE BLOODY RUBBER GASKET IN THESE DISINTERGRATES AND I HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE !!!!!! (REPLACEMENT GASKET)

1714096540806.png

Last edited:
I knew you would finally see the light that we are crap, welcome aboard the sh1t truck that is the Saints :oops:

I’ve got a long way to go to match you as the Patron Saint of Sooky La Laness

I hate than an ex girlfriend of mine had breast reduction surgery not long before I met her.

When she showed me pictures of what she looked like before I had to pretend to be supportive (pardon the pun)
When I was young my father tried to teach me that more than a handful is a waste.... then I grew up and realised he was wrong :weary:

Not to mention the games against out of form teams where we are favourite, yet bomb out, or letting an unknown opposition player become a star for the day..and so on
If I included all those games, it wouldn't be a list, it would be a book! :fearscream:

Your spot on there gringo.

Being an absolute coffee head myself......it's amazing the different brews and blends and pricing that you get around town.

Don't you hare it when your hanging out for a coffee....and presto....you get a cup of milky water.

Best coffee in Docklands anyone? I will be visiting from Perth in a week for the Norf game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooky La La Coffee Thread now ? OK - I'll play - I use one of these ....... but I ******* HATE IT WHEN THE BLOODY RUBBER GASKET IN THESE DISINTERGRATES AND I HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE !!!!!! (REPLACEMENT GASKET)

View attachment 1971291

Yeah got a couple of Bialettis up in the country. Not my favourite. Been looking at buying one of those Atomic brand or Little Guy espresso pots with a the milk steamer. Anyone used one to know if they work? I'm off grid. I might just buy a bigger inverter and go electric otherwise.

Best coffee in Docklands anyone? I will be visiting from Perth in a week for the Norf game

Go somewhere in Degraves Street or Flinders Lane and catch the train or tram up to southern cross once you're done. Most stuff around Docklands is ordinary. I think Duke in Flinders lane was pretty good last time I went. Most of the little cafes in Degraves are pretty good and it feels like you're in a quintessentially Melbourne spot.

1997, 2005 and 2009,should have all been premiership years, I wasn’t alive in 1971 but that too.The club is cursed how can it not be? With the s**t that happens to it when it’s so close.
Pretty sure that point that won the game in 1966 was actually out of bounds so the only reason we won one and the curse was beaten was human error.
The best thing someone from the club could do, is organise some sort of ritual where we apologise for whatever the * we did to get cursed in the first place. I’m only half joking and 80% serious.

Andrew "Skills" Evans was vastly underrated

Aldo Dipetta's injuries were mismanaged between 1990 & 1993

Paul Temay should have polled Brownlow votes in Rd15 in 1983 v Geelong - Shane Carbines & Denis Rich can get fkd ....... and also Rd 7 v North in 1984 ...... Geoff Morrow & Ian Robinson can get fkd

1997, 2005 and 2009,should have all been premiership years, I wasn’t alive in 1971 but that too.The club is cursed how can it not be? With the s**t that happens to it when it’s so close.
Pretty sure that point that won the game in 1966 was actually out of bounds so the only reason we won one and the curse was beaten was human error.
The best thing someone from the club could do, is organise some sort of ritual where we apologise for whatever the * we did to get cursed in the first place. I’m only half joking and 80% serious.

'97 we legit should have just looked at Shane Ellen, and tried decapitating him.

We had it at half time, all over them, needed to be further in front, but they were on toast, 4.5 to 2.2 or 9 shots to 4 and doubled. Then, Ellen and Jarman, so, we needed to just cop the weeks and demand that flag by necking Shane, melee and you don't get that first this is ours GAGF with your money grubbing nonsense SA.

'09 was ours, legit missed what 3 goals from straight missing the ball from 45 out in the 1st and watching it rebound as we couldn't kick worth a damn, then the goal post deflection goal and guaranteed Rooke doesn't mark it late for that goal on a 1 behind play and instead gets swamped or we have more than just Kosi hitting up at a kicker on rebound late.

To me this is what Derm meant when he stated we won't win because it's us, somewhere, somehow, some why, something will happen during a match, be a once off event or not, and we'll have to deal with it.

Be it the right leg break in '10 to Milne 10m out, 3x missed kick, goal post deflection into banned treatment into toepoke in '09, Shane Ellen only kicking 5 against us in '97 across 10 games played or soft tissues and no real funding that '04-5 was where ewer bottled most attempts to bring injured players back to Goose breaking his leg clean, or ex Saint Baz Hall right hooking blokes to no foul here.

Also why the AFL can burn, DGAF, purge everything and give us that flag FFS.

Ironically I had my cruise control on so I wouldn’t speed but neglected to see the change in speed limit 😢

Whole other story, i've seen Europeans flabbergasted at how often our speed limits change.

Forever and a day the lights on princess highway, from the Monash overpass all the way into Dandy have been synchronised.
If you went 80 all the way , you'd catch all the lights.
It wasn't enough that someone would always want to go 60 in the 80 zone.
They've gone and put a little 50m stretch of 60km/h in front of the Prince Mark Pub, but they haven't changed the lights , which are still synchronized for 80. I tell ya , it was probably some millennial who didn't even know you could synchronize lights, undoing all the hard work the boomers did back when.

What you need to do is just rinse them. They will last for days in that state.

I'm pissed that i put my dishwasher on intensive and when i unload it some of the glasses have this "grit" almost welded onto them.
The dishwasher instructions say "do not rinse before putting in the dishwasher".

I figured it out.
They claim that their dishwasher uses less water than washing by hand.
Thats only true if you wash in "economy" mode and don't rinse first. BUT then your dishes won't be clean.

When i turn my dishwasher on , i have to waste 5 seconds of my life while it displays " inspired by scandanavia". That's just one way of saying ... "People rike scandanavia , so we bought dead swedish brand and bring it to attention."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back