Autopsy Round 8 = Richmond 113 - 86 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'd choose syphilis, as its easily gotten rid of with antibiotics- but my preference would depend on who I acquired it from.

I think relativity is central to the argument, due to comparisons between suspensions from intentional and careless actions.

Without that relativity, I don't think too many would be calling for a long suspension for what was a pretty harmless snipe.
Far too many are happy with the snipe sr - THAT is the problem.

As far as sportsmanship is concerned this country has descended into the cesspool.

Far too many are happy with the snipe sr - THAT is the problem.

As far as sportsmanship is concerned this country has descended into the cesspool.
Anytime someone takes a swing at the back of someones head its a complete dog act. At least have the decency to go face to face let him know whats about to happen and take a swing. Not that its much better but at least it would have given Ginni a chance to defend himself.
Elbow someone in the back of the head (actually a much worse thing to do then in the face because you can damage crucial parts of the brain) not once but twice while the bloke has no chance to defend himself and only receive a 1 week ban. There is something wrong with that. Should have gotten 3 weeks on principle alone.
Protect the head AFL especially around the cerebellum and medulla.

Last edited:
Anytime someone takes a swing at the back of someones head its a complete dog act. At least have the decency to go face to face let him know whats about to happen and take a swing. Not that its much better but at least it would have given Ginni a chance to defend himself.
Elbow someone in the back of the head (actually a much worse thing to do then in the face because you can damage crucial parts of the brain) not once but twice while the bloke has no chance to defend himself and only receive a 1 week ban. There is something wrong with that. Should have gotten 3 weeks on principle alone.
Dog act for sure but mild blows that had no risk of causing severe injury. Why are you worries about the medulla and cerebellum in particular. They are not commonly involved in head injuries.

Dog act for sure but mild blows that had no risk of causing severe injury. Why are you worries about the medulla and cerebellum in particular. They are not commonly involved in head injuries.
Areas that control vital body functions such as heart beat, breathing and body movement. Im not a medical professional like yourself but my understanding is that these are the areas that a most vulnerable to serious injuries from blows to the back of the head. Happy for you to educate me on this.

GC really mate if you can't see it's the act of a sneaking dog committing what would be - out on the street without the AFL to hide behind - common assault I don't know how to respond to you.

I'm all for hitting a bloke hard in the contest - make him look behind himself every time he goes to a subsequent contest - that is good hard contested football.

That wasn't a contest - the game had stopped and he took a cheap shot.

You know it only takes a glancing blow to the temple to kill someone outright?

Just starting to turn his head when the sneaking elbow descended and POW . . lights out . . . permanently.

The head is PROTECTED for good reason and trying to dilute that is not the way to go.

Looking forward to booing the dog next time we play them. If he's still getting a game.

GC really mate if you can't see it's the act of a sneaking dog committing what would be - out on the street without the AFL to hide behind - common assault I don't know how to respond to you.

I'm all for hitting a bloke hard in the contest - make him look behind himself every time he goes to a subsequent contest - that is good hard contested football.

That wasn't a contest - the game had stopped and he took a cheap shot.

You know it only takes a glancing blow to the temple to kill someone outright?

Just starting to turn his head when the sneaking elbow descended and POW . . lights out . . . permanently.

The head is PROTECTED for good reason and trying to dilute that is not the way to go.
Did you see I wrote dog act at the top of my post

Dog act with little to no chance of causing any serious head injury. It was a school kid certainty when I was growing up, similar time to you, that a hit to the temple was deadly. Pity its not true.

The mechanisms that make this one difficult to cause serious injury would be

1 They were travelling in the same direction, same reason why fullbacks making a full forward earn it didnt knock the FF out. Velocity in the contact is lost
2. His arm was outstretched well before contact making acceleration of the forearm not possible
3. Mansells legs were off the ground by the time of contact, try hitting someone with both feet in the air and see how you go.

A stupid little whack which couldnt cause damage. Got the week he deserved

Way less sniping in the game than ever before, so your descending into the cesspool analogy belongs in the cesspool.
We all have our opinions - you obviously don't watch the dopers enough.

And further to your post . . .

Since when is 'way less sniping' acceptable?

It's attitudes like that which drag our game down.

No sr in this day and age any sniping is unacceptable - especially when there are protected species that have been getting away with it for years - Martin just to start the ball rolling.

When sniping becomes acceptable because a player is a 'champion' the game is in trouble and attitudes like yours and others that endorse this institutionalized assault help to drag the game down.

Last edited:
I didn't really follow along with the Game Day thread at all, so it may have been discussed at the time.

But did everyone pick up on how often the commentators referred to Ollie Henry as a key forward? The fu**...?
He plays like one even though he's only 189cm. He's pretty much the same height as Jack Darling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He plays like one even though he's only 189cm. He's pretty much the same height as Jack Darling
He’s actually the same height as WHE. And honestly I don’t really think he plays like a key tall. Doesn’t have that physicality to his game that real key forwards have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back