Preview Round 7: Bloods vs Hawthorn 4pm Sunday @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reserve grader is a matter of opinion which clearly is a polarising topic. Agree to disagree (strongly).

Re a player who is within our best 22 players, depends on what metrics you use but extending your argument beyond Parker for Hayward, it would mean your best 22 would likely contain Mills, Sheldrick and Rampe. I'd be interested to know who you are dropping, especially given the other usual tipping boys (Florent, Rowie and Amartey) are going really well.
Rampe and Mills are absolutely best XXII - I’m not sure how that can even be in question.

Further, Im not sure how it could be suggested that Rowie and Florent are even close to being at risk.

Who’d go out for Mills and Rampe? Well - in this humble correspondent’s view:

Mills for Jordon
Rampe for Fox

Armatey had a good return last week, but if Horse decides to go with a different set-up, I see him as the tall to go out.

If you want him in the twos to make his way back running around in his usual role to get match fitness fine but when he comes back be it after 1 or a couple of weeks you want to make him sub ? What is it going to do for his match fitness at the higher level sitting on his arse for 3 and a bit qtrs ? Or are you just forming your opinion based on we are going so well and our current best 22 is so good he is not good enough to warrant selection ?
Can see in the numbers around this topic here that Luke Parker may be about to suffer the same treatment on this board that Franklin did in his last year and a bit.
Like thanks for carrying us for the best part of 10 years but we are all good now so grab your hat and coat and p1ss off.
In fairness, some haven't been massively into him for a long while even before getting injured this year

Rampe and Mills are absolutely best XXII - I’m not sure how that can even be in question.

Further, Im not sure how it could be suggested that Rowie and Florent are even close to being at risk.

Who’d go out for Mills and Rampe? Well - in this humble correspondent’s view:

Mills for Jordon
Rampe for Fox

Armatey had a good return last week, but if Horse decides to go with a different set-up, I see him as the tall to go out.
I can see the merit in those changes when the time comes.

Isn't it amazing that not so long ago, plenty were calling for Rowie and Florent to be dropped. I think late last season there were people suggesting HHK should be elevated in place of Hayward and even Heeney. It's great that all of the above are now beyond reproach to be in our best team - whatever you say about Hayward, the coaches are not dropping him anytime soon.

Last edited:
If you want him in the twos to make his way back running around in his usual role to get match fitness fine but when he comes back be it after 1 or a couple of weeks you want to make him sub ? What is it going to do for his match fitness at the higher level sitting on his arse for 3 and a bit qtrs ? Or are you just forming your opinion based on we are going so well and our current best 22 is so good he is not good enough to warrant selection ?
Can see in the numbers around this topic here that Luke Parker may be about to suffer the same treatment on this board that Franklin did in his last year and a bit.
Like thanks for carrying us for the best part of 10 years but we are all good now so grab your hat and coat and p1ss off.
There were so many times last year where his direct opponents made him look like he had cement boots, especially at stoppages. He could well have been carrying a niggling injury but if he has even lost a fraction of explosiveness and pace, it does make it difficult for him to fit in our midfield. It will certainly be interesting to see how he goes when he comes back and hopefully he is back to his best. If not, he will have to prove his worth as a forward. Otherwise he will go the same way as JPK and ROK. The way both exited showed that ultimately there is no room for sentiment in professional footy.

How to watch on Fox Footy: From 4pm on Channel 504 with Sarah Jones, Dwayne Russell, Jordan Lewis, Jack Riewoldt

Hawthorn v Sydney Swans
Sunday, April 28, 4:00pm
MCG

BacksNick BlakeyTom McCartinLewis Melican
Half BacksHarry CunninghamOllie FlorentJake Lloyd
CentrelineErrol GuldenChad WarnerJustin McInerney
Half ForwardsJames JordonLogan McDonaldTaylor Adams
ForwardsTom PapleyJoel AmarteyWill Hayward
FollowersBrodie GrundyIsaac HeeneyJames Rowbottom
InterchangeRobbie FoxMatt RobertsSam Wicks
Hayden McLeanBraeden CampbellPeter Ladhams
Jacob KonstantyAaron Francis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was interesting the match ups last week. Lukosious was on Wilbur, then Wick, then McDonald. Early, there was a definite match up Wibur going to him. But later that seemed to change.
Shows how much I know, I though Hayward was on Lukosious, not the other way around... Lol! And I thought it was most of the first half... or maybe once I saw it I just assumed it was so! I plan to re-watch tomorrow morning so I'll have a look and see if I can see it...

Back on the who comes out for Parker talk;

Given Jordon's role last week tagging Anderson, is there not a spot for that moving forward? I can see him given a role on Tom Green or Whitfield, Serong, Walsh over the next 3 weeks

You reckon mills will get back?
I do but hey this is The Swans and a long term injury we are talking about and let’s face it only they know the real intentions of when they think a player will return. They said half way point which means around rd 12 to me but I’m thinking rd 15. Wouldn’t leave him a lot of time to hit his form as he is a habitual slow starter after injury.

No surprise with the team.

Sheldrick needs another full game in the 2s before returning to best 22..

The initial estimates on Luke's arm were optimistic. Plates are not inserted for decoration. I hope another week of contact in training and a run around in the 2s will set him up to return in a fortnight.
Expect Campbell to be in the 22 and givenhis preference not to play in the first half, Hayward will sub?

Back on the who comes out for Parker talk;

Given Jordon's role last week tagging Anderson, is there not a spot for that moving forward? I can see him given a role on Tom Green or Whitfield, Serong, Walsh over the next 3 weeks
Jordon is a lock.
He was recruited for this season for a purpose.
As was Adams.

Lloyd is the one on fragile ground. Imo.
His old position has been filled by Roberts, well.

Parker to come back into the guts and Errol to play more winger, along with Jmac.

No surprise with the team.

Sheldrick needs another full game in the 2s before returning to best 22..

The initial estimates on Luke's arm were optimistic. Plates are not inserted for decoration. I hope another week of contact in training and a run around in the 2s will set him up to return in a fortnight.
Expect Campbell to be in the 22 and givenhis preference not to play in the first half, Hayward will sub?
Why say he is available for selection then if they want another week of contact at training where at AFL level in season is at a deadset minimal level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back