Preview Round 7: Bloods vs Hawthorn 4pm Sunday @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why say he is available for selection then if they want another week of contact at training where at AFL level in season is at a deadset minimal level.

Truly I have given up on our return/test estimates. Still reckon a fortnight before he gets back to the seniors, unless he gets a limited run around in the 2s this weekend..

Look I could have been sucked in by media yesterday but they reported on SEN that Longmire had said available for selection. They did then preface by saying more likely VFL. Who knows I suppose.

i'm happy for the club to be very cautious ... and maybe he'd be more likely had we been up against a genuinely good side, but surely we can afford to take on the hawks without him, give him at least one extra week
another good thing to come from being 5-1

I say Hayward hardly does those things, yes. Not only does he not do them often enough to warrant a spot in the 22 (IMO), I think Parker could do them all and better.
We will see in the next few weeks whether parker is parked in front of goal or plays in the middle. Two things he does best.
I doubt he does a lot of running between D50 and F50 as you suggest. I doubt he will be an outlet out of defence as you suggest. I doubt he applies a lot of pressure in the F50 as you suggest.

But we will see, as I said, in the next few weeks.

Unchanged team - boring but probably fair enough.

I am, however, a bit disappointed at no Gus. I fail to see how Konstanty gets into the extended squad & Gus doesn’t - unless it’s purely a fitness / match practice thing.

I am, however, a bit disappointed at no Gus. I fail to see how Konstanty gets into the extended squad & Gus doesn’t - unless it’s purely a fitness / match practice thing.
Experience in preparation. He won't play. Campbell or Fox will be the sub. Outside chance Wicks.

The extended squad will probably travel and not play a game. They want Gus to play a game.

Expect Hawthorn to take a leaf out of Richmond’s game against us and pressure the ball handler hard and try and block out the corridor

Ground ball wins will be important.

Cannot treat this game lightly at all
That goes almost without saying. Its what they did against Norf - all Mitchell has to do is stick with Plan A.

We will see in the next few weeks whether parker is parked in front of goal or plays in the middle. Two things he does best.
I doubt he does a lot of running between D50 and F50 as you suggest. I doubt he will be an outlet out of defence as you suggest. I doubt he applies a lot of pressure in the F50 as you suggest.

But we will see, as I said, in the next few weeks.

I doubt Parker will ever be sponsored by Donut King.

I doubt Parker would be flogged by Lukocius

I doubt Parker will be a non factor in scoring chains

I doubt Parker would ever be laughed at by the Opposition

I doubt Parker would tell Longmire he was shanking set shots because he was tired.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am guessing Campbell will be in the 22. He only got a few minutes last week so might want to give him a full game. Maybe they will have Roberts sub to keep him fresh for a long season.

On the MCG I feel they will want Wick's forward pressure and Fox's ability to scramble when the ball hits the ground in defence.

Just an FYI...

I HATE BLOODY SUNDAY ARVO/EVENING GAMES!!!

They take forever to come around, are over in the blink of an eye, and then you are back at work before you've watched the replay!

There's an Aussie bar in Osaka called Coolabah. Always shows afl. If you're absolutely desperate to watch and can't find anywhere to watch in Hiroshima, you can jump on the shinkansen and be in Osaka in about an hour.
ooh boy, do I have a story about that place

Hayward had 1 touch in the first half and you didn’t think he was playing ? Fair conclusion to arrive at I suppose but humour me please and tell me how many touches did McDonald have in the first half and was he playing or was he sipping on a Latte in the players Lounge ?

What people need to do is forget stats sheets, forget your favourites and just watch the bloody game. Having said that having some semblance of a clue may help in appraising player performance.
I was watching on tv and didn't notice him , at the ground live it would be different that's all . anyhow his 2nd half was better

I am guessing Campbell will be in the 22. He only got a few minutes last week so might want to give him a full game. Maybe they will have Roberts sub to keep him fresh for a long season.

On the MCG I feel they will want Wick's forward pressure and Fox's ability to scramble when the ball hits the ground in defence.

I reckon it’ll be an unchanged lineup. Wicks was sub a few weeks in a row so I suspect given the side played three good quarters and Longmire was generally pretty happy with things, no changes will be made. Fox to stay in defence and Wicks to stay up forward. What happens next week if Rampe and Parker are fit to play GWS will be fascinating though.

You know my thoughts on Hayward but you need a bit broader view on a few others who can go on the missing persons register for long periods.
Yes. McDonald was poor as well in the first half.

I doubt Parker will ever be sponsored by Donut King.

I doubt Parker would be flogged by Lukocius

I doubt Parker will be a non factor in scoring chains

I doubt Parker would ever be laughed at by the Opposition

I doubt Parker would tell Longmire he was shanking set shots because he was tired.
I doubt you will ever post anything positive about Hayward no matter what he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back