Preview Round 7: Bloods vs Hawthorn 4pm Sunday @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox really is the perfect sub when you look at it. Tactical or for injury.
Or just play Fox and then he's in the 22 already, in case he needs to switch. He's generally done poorly coming on as sub.

He had an average patch in defence last year, but only after we started messing around with him as sub.

Or just play Fox and then he's in the 22 already, in case he needs to switch. He's generally done poorly coming on as sub.

He had an average patch in defence last year, but only after we started messing around with him as sub.
Will be interesting if we end up with a fully fit squad. He probably becomes the fall guy and would likely be our most ideal sub. But I rekn the fitter our squad is the weirder our sub selections are going to be.

Once mills and Parker are fit, I have no doubt Horse will try to cram them both in with Adams. Add in best 22 players missing out, horse switching the sub each week, managing VFL/sub time, and trying to get exposure for young kids - we will end up having the most unpredictable sub selections to date I rekn.

Hoping Wicks doesn't get caught up in it..

Parker walks into this side. We've emphasised having experience & mature bodies through the middle. He has both qualities. I can see someone like a james jordon being shuffled out for Parker.

Parker in the forward line with our other talls would make us far too slow in the front half. It only works if he replaces one of mclean or amartey.

We don't need Parker to be central to our midfield anymore but we need him to play a role. Win the contested ball & get it to our good ball users.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have just moved* a whole bunch of Hayward-related posts to his player thread as they pertained more to his quality as a player and trade value, than to the topic of the Hawthorn game this week.

*Key word being moved, not deleted. Not in the business of trying to censor anyone's opinions as has been previously implied (to which I think the mods as a whole deserve more respect and faith than that.) Just want to keep the discussion civil and on topic.

Go the Swannies.

Happy for Parker to be given a run in the reserves, hope that it's a policy continued for every player coming back from significant time out.

On the other hand Hawthorn. :confusedv1:

To quote the AFL website;
Reigning club best and fairest winner Will Day is also in for his first match of the season.
The 22-year-old suffered a stress fracture in his foot in January that kept him out of the opening six rounds.

Recruit Massimo D'Ambrosio has been managed after a strong start to the season, while Henry Hustwaite is omitted.

So we are bringing back Luke via the reserves after a fractured arm, but Hawthorn name a guy who has been missing with a stress fracture in his foot since January and has played no game time since (incl none in the VFL).
And then Hawthorn rest/manage a guy who has played all of a mammoth 6 games this season.

Surely you'd want to monitor/manage minutes for a guy returning from a stress fracture in the foot?

Our decision seems professional, Hawthorn's an act of desperation.

Happy for Parker to be given a run in the reserves, hope that it's a policy continued for every player coming back from significant time out.

On the other hand Hawthorn. :confusedv1:

To quote the AFL website;
Reigning club best and fairest winner Will Day is also in for his first match of the season.
The 22-year-old suffered a stress fracture in his foot in January that kept him out of the opening six rounds.

Recruit Massimo D'Ambrosio has been managed after a strong start to the season, while Henry Hustwaite is omitted.

So we are bringing back Luke via the reserves after a fractured arm, but Hawthorn name a guy who has been missing with a stress fracture in his foot since January and has played no game time since (incl none in the VFL).
And then Hawthorn rest/manage a guy who has played all of a mammoth 6 games this season.

Surely you'd want to monitor/manage minutes for a guy returning from a stress fracture in the foot?

Our decision seems professional, Hawthorn's an act of desperation.
Day has been on full load if not more for almost a month now, to prepare to come into the AFL side rather than VFL. Lewis has also been given extra weeks to make sure he was 100% for this week, Massimo is carrying a niggle and was rested.

Day has been on full load if not more for almost a month now, to prepare to come into the AFL side rather than VFL. Lewis has also been given extra weeks to make sure he was 100% for this week, Massimo is carrying a niggle and was rested.
So you are telling Us here that Lewis return has been managed just so he was right to play against the Swans ? If so sack your coach.

Will be interesting if we end up with a fully fit squad. He probably becomes the fall guy and would likely be our most ideal sub. But I rekn the fitter our squad is the weirder our sub selections are going to be.

Once mills and Parker are fit, I have no doubt Horse will try to cram them both in with Adams. Add in best 22 players missing out, horse switching the sub each week, managing VFL/sub time, and trying to get exposure for young kids - we will end up having the most unpredictable sub selections to date I rekn.

Hoping Wicks doesn't get caught up in it..
I can't imagine he would, and if we keep winning, there will be plenty who are carrying niggles that could do with a rest throughout the season to ensure we go into the final stretch well rested and as fit as possible. But most likely, we like every other team, will continuing having small injuries throughout the year.

So you are telling Us here that Lewis return has been managed just so he was right to play against the Swans ? If so sack your coach.
Haha, just stating he has been managed and not played when he hasn’t been 100%, at a good enough level but not worth risking. Not specifically for the Swans.

Have just moved* a whole bunch of Hayward-related posts to his player thread as they pertained more to his quality as a player and trade value, than to the topic of the Hawthorn game this week.

*Key word being moved, not deleted. Not in the business of trying to censor anyone's opinions as has been previously implied (to which I think the mods as a whole deserve more respect and faith than that.) Just want to keep the discussion civil and on topic.

Go the Swannies.

I cant recall all of the posts but i think a few were pertaining if he should be in the team this week?

We need to smash Hawthorn. We need a big percentage boost. Get ahead of Geelong who have largely played no team of significance. We are going into a 5 game tranche play some very good teams, Hawthorn, GWS, Fremantle, Carlton and Western Bulldogs.
I think when we hit the bye after these games it will give us a pretty good idea as to where we are at. Injury free too hopefully.
Ideally setting us up for a big 2nd half of the season at the top of the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back