Preview Round 7: Bloods vs Hawthorn 4pm Sunday @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have inthe past, most recently I said I could see him as a good defender.

So, given a choice between Parker and Hayward kicking for the winning goal after the siren who would you choose?
Parker hasn't kicked a ball in anger in over six months so how do you know his technique hasn't gone out the window completely?

I understand and get that you're not a Hayward fan and I have no problem with it per se, we are all entitled to our opinions and our likes and dislikes, it's your stubbornness to acknowledge anything decent that he does do that gets up my goat.

Parker hasn't kicked a ball in anger in over six months so how do you know his technique hasn't gone out the window completely?

I understand and get that you're not a Hayward fan and I have no problem with it per se, we are all entitled to our opinions and our likes and dislikes, it's your stubbornness to acknowledge anything decent that he does do that gets up my goat.
I would assume that since Parker's injury was a broken arm, that at least recently it's been strong enough to do goal kicking practice.

I would assume that since Parker's injury was a broken arm, that at least recently it's been strong enough to do goal kicking practice.
Thank you, I'm well aware that Parker broke his arm, I made no reference to him having broken his leg, I simply stated he hasn't kicked a football in anger - meaning in an ACTUAL AFL game since very early September last year, you, me Horace or anybody for that matter has absolutely no idea if he still has his technique.

To answer Horace's original question who I'd prefer to see kick after the siren, going on exposed form THIS SEASON I have to answer Hayward, he's kicked 9 to Parkers nil.

Thank you, I'm well aware that Parker broke his arm, I made no reference to him having broken his leg, I simply stated he hasn't kicked a football in anger - meaning in an ACTUAL AFL game since very early September last year, you, me Horace or anybody for that matter has absolutely no idea if he still has his technique.

To answer Horace's original question who I'd prefer to see kick after the siren, going on exposed form THIS SEASON I have to answer Hayward, he's kicked 9 to Parkers nil.
It's not just that - there is a difference between 'fitness' and 'match fitness' which he simply won't have. In addition, it takes a game or two to get your timing right when you have been out for a while, which will impact any marking and tackling that he will have to do.

The topic was goal kicking technique, so why would that technique go out the window when that's one of the things he could probably still be doing through recent weeks. Marking, tackling sure, anything with impact, might be rusty.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Thank you for answering my question.

I'd go Campbell for Konstanty and move Hayward to the sub.
I don't think it will happen but I would not mind seeing Konstanty as sub.

He had a good reserves game last week. We have been using the sub late unless there are early injuries. I feel he would benefit running around for 10 minutes on the MCG more than an experienced player.

Last edited:
I don't think it will happen but I would not mind seeing Konstanty as sub.

He had a good reserves game last week. We have been using the sub late unless there are early injuries. I feel he would benefit running around for 10 minutes on the MCG more than an experienced player.
I don't agree, but I understand your logic. If they are ever to do it then maybe this is the opposition to do it against. Otherwise, I would like to see Konstanty put together more than one good game in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair we were sort of debating whether Hayward should be the sub or not.

I get that, but it's such a moot point. I've got more chance of winning the lottery than him being the sub.... and we should all know that by now anyway.

Now, Damo in his sliding doors piece reckons that with Will Day and Mitch Lewis in their team, they would be a sneaky chance. That's blasphemy and a better discussion angle for this thread

I get that, but it's such a moot point. I've got more chance of winning the lottery than him being the sub.... and we should all know that by now anyway.

Now, Damo in his sliding doors piece reckons that with Will Day and Mitch Lewis in their team, they would be a sneaky chance. That's blasphemy and a better discussion angle for this thread

Bwahaha.., I read that and had a snorfle and sfellow.

Anyone can beat us. Even North could if they show up with pressure and effort, and we don't (see last year). Took a JPK midfield cameo to get over Hawks in 2022.

Anyone can beat us. Even North could if they show up with pressure and effort, and we don't (see last year). Took a JPK midfield cameo to get over Hawks in 2022.

Aye. All praise the Norf interchange steward.

A winless North scares the s**t out of me when we play them

To be fair we were sort of debating whether Hayward should be the sub or not.
I don't think Hayward would make a good sub tbh. Rather the sub be a mid to add an extra rotation or allow our dual position types mids to move forward/back

I don't think Hayward would make a good sub tbh. Rather the sub be a mid to add an extra rotation or allow our dual position types mids to move forward/back
Doesn't really matter - If once upon a day the coaches picked the perfect sub (mid/impact player), they won't be activated until the last 4 minutes. If we pick a questionable sub (inexperienced player or defender), be sure that they'll be injected 5 minutes into the 2nd due to injury to one of our forwards or mids.

Doesn't really matter - If once upon a day the coaches picked the perfect sub (mid/impact player), they won't be activated until the last 4 minutes. If we pick a questionable sub (inexperienced player or defender), be sure that they'll be injected 5 minutes into the 2nd due to injury to one of our forwards or mids.
Rather that than an injury to a KPP. Mitchell, Campbell or Cleary coming on for T.Mac or McDonald doesn't fill me with much confidence

Yep. We wait too long when we aren't forced to make a sub.

There's also our 3rd category of sub decision - make Amartey or Francis sub on a greasy night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back