Preview Round 7: Bloods vs Hawthorn 4pm Sunday @ the MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is 3cm not 10. People are going quite bonkers, compared to Hayward , Parker is

• A better mark no
  • A better kick. no
  • A factor in general play and stoppages. yes
  • A source of concern for the Oppo how do you define this
  • Smarter, an organiser and leader yes
  • Clearly underrated what he is rated as one of our best ever
Twice in 6 rounds Hayward has had halves where he had next door to doughnuts. yeah he plays ft flank, when does Parker

They arent comparable players, see above. Be like saying Petracca is better than Fritsch, no s**t yeah he is

Not against trying Parker in that spot, I just guess they won't. You also chose more midfield based comparisons,

Seriously is Haywards firm flogging Kool Aid?

You know rustycrate old Clamps was quicker and better defensively than Hayward and as reliable a kick for goal. Would you have Clamps ahead of Parker and Hayward?
Clamps was great as a clamp. Not a great kick like Parker in general play. Parker a very good kick in front of goal.
Parker great inside doing the tough stuff, a real leader. Great in front of goal too.
Hayward is very mobile between the D50 and F50 and a great outlet and receiver of the fast ball on the counter-offensive play. Very good defensively too shutting down players.
All different and very good at what they do best.

What questions need to be answered other than has he learned not to helicopter kick the ball during his sabbatical ?
Mate he is walkup best 22 with this current team unless of course the arm was amputated.
Those helicopter kicks can be an asset if he's roving in the goal square.

Last edited:
I’m in Kyoto and will be in Hiroshima on game day…hopefully the air bnb has sport 24 going, hanks for the tip.
There's an Aussie bar in Osaka called Coolabah. Always shows afl. If you're absolutely desperate to watch and can't find anywhere to watch in Hiroshima, you can jump on the shinkansen and be in Osaka in about an hour.

had 1 touch in the 1st half , i really didn't think he was playing

Then when the game was won he had 7 kicked 2 (should have been 3) and had a match turning tackle.

He is a flanker, they don't rack up 40 a week, don't pick him in your dream team.

But he took the chance he had, also did a defensive job on Lukosious or whatever his name is

If you are just checking stat sheets sure drop Hayward . But then you also drop Wicks , Papley the week before etc, actually watch what they do helps

Clamps was great as a clamp. Not a great kick like Parker in general play. Parker a very good kick in front of goal.
Parker great inside doing the tough stuff, a real leader. Great in front of goal too.
Hayward is very mobile between the D50 and F50 and a great outlet and receiver of the fast ball on the counter-offensive play. Very good defensively too shutting down players.
All different and very good at what they do best.
Selecting our best 22 players will not give us our best team. We need a broad mix of skills if we are to fulfil our potential as a team. Hayward is doing what the coaches want of him, and while he does, will be best 22.

Selecting our best 22 players will not give us our best team. We need a broad mix of skills if we are to fulfil our potential as a team.Hayward is doing what the coaches want of him, and while he does, will be best 22.

Is he? How do you know this?

Would Horse have been delighted in near doughnuts v the GoCo at halftime or ditto v the Tigers?

Is he? How do you know this?

Would Horse have been delighted in near doughnuts v the GoCo at halftime or ditto v the Tigers?
Of course not. Nor would he have been happy with the whole team's second quarter. But he would've been happy with his response after half time. Really lifted the rest of the team and set the tone for our second half. I suggest you watch Rowie's presser, where he talks about the team first approach.

Then when the game was won he had 7 kicked 2 (should have been 3) and had a match turning tackle.

He is a flanker, they don't rack up 40 a week, don't pick him in your dream team.

But he took the chance he had, also did a defensive job on Lukosious or whatever his name is

If you are just checking stat sheets sure drop Hayward . But then you also drop Wicks , Papley the week before etc, actually watch what they do helps
Lukosious has never had big stats and had 17 , Will had 1 tackle and Collins was a sitting duck . I never said drop him , only he has to do more , did notice when he did kick a goal they all got around him .
Papley , you are obsessed thank god you didn't pick the team last week

Selecting our best 22 players will not give us our best team. We need a broad mix of skills if we are to fulfil our potential as a team. Hayward is doing what the coaches want of him, and while he does, will be best 22.
Highly debatable.

You’re suggesting a best XXII player should be left languishing in the 2’s if a reserve-grader “fits better”.

I see your argument - but I can’t agree with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the talk is whether Parker comes back & if so, where.

But Sheldrick was our best in the VFL last week, on return from injury.

He’s just too good to stay in the magoos. And WA clubs will be taking note.
I become more of a fan each time I see him. Particularly his follow-up defensive work. It is one thing to rack up possessions but it takes a different kind of player to be just as hungry to will himself on the game without the ball as he is with it. And I agree he's too good for the reserves. But is he good enough for the AFL side? He basically has to be better than Isaac Heeney, Errol Gulden, James Rowbottom, Chad Warner or Taylor Adams. Good luck with that Angus!

Highly debatable.

You’re suggesting a best XXII player should be left languishing in the 2’s if a reserve-grader “fits better”.

I see your argument - but I can’t agree with it.
Reserve grader is a matter of opinion which clearly is a polarising topic. Agree to disagree (strongly).

Re a player who is within our best 22 players, depends on what metrics you use but extending your argument beyond Parker for Hayward, it would mean your best 22 would likely contain Mills, Sheldrick and Rampe. I'd be interested to know who you are dropping, especially given the other usual tipping boys (Florent, Rowie and Amartey) are going really well.

Last edited:
All the talk is whether Parker comes back & if so, where.

But Sheldrick was our best in the VFL last week, on return from injury.

He’s just too good to stay in the magoos. And WA clubs will be taking note.
Parker has significantly more leadership skills and experience... two things we are short on in the F50

I reckon for those who are not at the ground it's hard to tell how much work he does, cause the camera only follows the people with the ball, not the people doing the work behind the scenes. Check out his opponents stats, because they are rarely good... his man is hardly ever 3rd man up in marking contest because Hayward has him busy elsewhere.

I don't mind you thinking Horse made a mistake, but to think the whole selection panel makes the same mistake week in, week out is ludicrous! Try figuring out why he is being picked, instead of moaning about it.

Lukosious has never had big stats and had 17 , Will had 1 tackle and Collins was a sitting duck . I never said drop him , only he has to do more , did notice when he did kick a goal they all got around him .
Papley , you are obsessed thank god you didn't pick the team last week
How effective were those 17? What impact did Lukosious have on the game... not much imo!

If that was Haywards role, I'd say all round success!

had 1 touch in the 1st half , i really didn't think he was playing
Hayward had 1 touch in the first half and you didn’t think he was playing ? Fair conclusion to arrive at I suppose but humour me please and tell me how many touches did McDonald have in the first half and was he playing or was he sipping on a Latte in the players Lounge ?

What people need to do is forget stats sheets, forget your favourites and just watch the bloody game. Having said that having some semblance of a clue may help in appraising player performance.

How effective were those 17? What impact did Lukosious have on the game... not much imo!

If that was Haywards role, I'd say all round success!
It was interesting the match ups last week. Lukosious was on Wilbur, then Wick, then McDonald. Early, there was a definite match up Wibur going to him. But later that seemed to change.

I agree. He won't be match fit. Then when he does come in he needs to play sub for at least the first week.
If you want him in the twos to make his way back running around in his usual role to get match fitness fine but when he comes back be it after 1 or a couple of weeks you want to make him sub ? What is it going to do for his match fitness at the higher level sitting on his arse for 3 and a bit qtrs ? Or are you just forming your opinion based on we are going so well and our current best 22 is so good he is not good enough to warrant selection ?
Can see in the numbers around this topic here that Luke Parker may be about to suffer the same treatment on this board that Franklin did in his last year and a bit.
Like thanks for carrying us for the best part of 10 years but we are all good now so grab your hat and coat and p1ss off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back