Autopsy Round 2 = St Kilda 94-79 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. Calls of umpiring being “fixed”, “corrupt”, “biased” etc are just passion-loaded comments made by supporters in the moment.

Yes the umpires were shit. Yes the free kick count was lopsided.

But we were also sloppy. Even if they picked every one they missed, and vice versa, I think we’d have still been behind in the count.

Accusations of umpires being on the take just make us look like sore losers imo.

Ok so this is our season, fine. Let’s make sure we get a top 5 draft pick out of it. That’s how we regenerate.

Fin as sub was an atrocious decision

That was ridiculous. As l said some of the team decisions before the game and decisions and in game reactions from the coaching staff have been very poor in the first 3 weeks.
How many weeks will it take to see that teams just go around us off HB, and are able to take it all the way to their F50, without much pressure and create scoring opportunities.
Stevie Wonder would be able to see that!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Um, so
The issue is that only Nick has brought similar sorta output to 2023.

You can’t name another player who has been in the same form as 2023.
Um, sorry mate but Degoey had a ripping 13 possession game tonight.
I really think he’s doing his bit.

Would've won if Darcy Moore was playing for us.

Howe and Moore have been absolutely poor defenders. And disposal woeful (particularly Moore).
JDG was nearly unsighted.
Daicos's were harmless.
Crisp also very useless, as was Mitchell. Shallow, conservative and stale footy.
Sidebottom just reprising the Chris Mayne role.

WTF does John Noble have to do to get a spot over Markov?
WTF was Reef out of the side for. Immediate impact, 3 goals and a pressure machine.
WTF are our players doing letting their direct opponents run off them and never once marking them.

I honestly do not recognise this team, and any credits we had from 22-23 have been wiped clean.

Has it got something to do with Leppitsch's new role? We are playing uninspired, chaotic, useless footy and I can't see how that happened just over a pre season.

We may make top 8, but right now I can't see it. I'm looking at 0-6 given our draw.

Meh. Calls of umpiring being “fixed”, “corrupt”, “biased” etc are just passion-loaded comments made by supporters in the moment.

Yes the umpires were s**t. Yes the free kick count was lopsided.

But we were also sloppy. Even if they picked every one they missed, and vice versa, I think we’d have still been behind in the count.

Accusations of umpires being on the take just make us look like sore losers imo.

I very, VERY rarely accuse umpires of biasing a side, even in the heat of the moment. I can understand 50/50s being paid either side.

I also don't care about the actual free kick count, it doesn't have to be even.

But tonight was just rubbish.

So many holding the balls not paid. Incorrect disposals not paid. Chopping the arms/marking interference not paid.

The reason we lost? Probably not. We didn't want it enough. Should it have been easier than that? Probably.

Putrid again. I dont mind it though. Not going to win the flag with Dad's army. Might as well get the draft picks... get rid of Derek, and actually pick a key forward, then recruit hard
Er... Hines picks like Reef and Macrae are the only bright spots in our side ATM.

More like get rid of GW so he stops trading away our high draft picks for plodders like Schultz. Or giving away exciting young talent like Ginnivan for a pack of chips.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back