Preview Round 11 Changes v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember that at the time, sides like, Brissie and Adelaide, were considered as top contenders.And probably will still vie for the top eight withy a lot of others, ourselves included.
Far too easy to toss aside those two victories.

At the time… but we also got them at the right time PLUS we did win comfortably.

The 2 losses we had control and just didn’t win. Just one of those and we’re 4th.

Anyway, need to beat Pies or Melbourne. Both would be outstanding.

Do we think Schultz had good relationship with his team mates at Freo and left on good terms. Don't think he was disliked to the degree lobb was but also not liked as maybe Logue.

He used to show frustration alot to his team mates when they didn't give him the ball or deliver it to him perfectly. Seems he is scared to do this at the pies

Switta and Schultz to have a scruff as both didn't seem to like each other
I can assume we was good mates with other dockers players.

Schulz didnt seem like a flog or a thug when he played for us

Heard Schultz interviewed on radio tonight. He's staying in Perth after the Friday night game and hanging out with the Freo boys over the weekend. Also he's playing his 100th AFL game. Thinks he'll get Clark or Aish as his match up.

Heard Schultz interviewed on radio tonight. He's staying in Perth after the Friday night game and hanging out with the Freo boys over the weekend. Also he's playing his 100th AFL game. Thinks he'll get Clark or Aish as his match up.

Hopefully his game is as good as Henry's! Maybe he can have one more possession as he is a lot better bloke

IDK what it is but there's something about that that makes it so much worse to me. I'd much prefer he hate the team and everyone hate him back, like with Lobb.

The trade was ok when we were getting a top 10 pick from him. Now it'll be a 16-18 pick and at the same time Schultz is exactly the player that would've pushed us to the next level this season.

I hate doing the whole hindsight thing BUT the ladder is so tight.

If we had beaten Port, we’re 4th and they’re 9th.

Plenty of teams with question marks.

About time we beat someone above us and flipped positions.

Our 6 wins against bottom 8 sides… not exactly awesome.

But there's literally 5-6 other clubs in the same situation as us - and their fans are postulating on their forums 'if they'd old won x we'd be x'. All the teams on the same points as us have shat the bed this season.

Who cares if we beat Port or Carlton by a whiskers willy it still would've been by not-enough-goals and it's the best feedback in knowing we aren't going anywhere until we fix our forward line - which probably takes another season or two.

Wonder if we'll ever know the 'personal reasons' he wanted to return. In just about every prior trade, the reason has been leaked somehow.

IDK what it is but there's something about that that makes it so much worse to me. I'd much prefer he hate the team and everyone hate him back, like with Lobb.

The trade was ok when we were getting a top 10 pick from him. Now it'll be a 16-18 pick and at the same time Schultz is exactly the player that would've pushed us to the next level this season.

Hmm, best intentions and all that, but it depends what happens in the spur of the moment. Schultz has just come back from missing a week for whacking another ex-teammate in the gob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we think Schultz had good relationship with his team mates at Freo and left on good terms. Don't think he was disliked to the degree lobb was but also not liked as maybe Logue.

He used to show frustration alot to his team mates when they didn't give him the ball or deliver it to him perfectly. Seems he is scared to do this at the pies

Switta and Schultz to have a scruff as both didn't seem to like each other
Prefer it was Emmett, not Switta.
Reckon Tom would make mincemeat out of him

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We haven't won a primetime friday night since before roaming BT

I reckon that's over ten years ago
The last nationwide FTA Friday night game we won was Round 1 2014 vs Collingwood.

We also won a Thursday night game in both in late 2014 and 2015, and drew a Friday night game in 2022.

We played no Thursday or Friday night games from late 2016 to late 2021.

But there's literally 5-6 other clubs in the same situation as us - and their fans are postulating on their forums 'if they'd old won x we'd be x'. All the teams on the same points as us have shat the bed this season.

Who cares if we beat Port or Carlton by a whiskers willy it still would've been by not-enough-goals and it's the best feedback in knowing we aren't going anywhere until we fix our forward line - which probably takes another season or two.

When talking about shitting the bed in close finishes ... Freo is clearly leading the pack. In terms of premiership points, we are 0 from a possible 8 points. Carlton are 8/16, Melbourne are 8/12, GWS & GC are 4/4, Port are 16/20, Pies are 14/16. The last two are infuriating considering we have their 1st rounders.

I agree with your second paragraph though.

At the time… but we also got them at the right time PLUS we did win comfortably.

The 2 losses we had control and just didn’t win. Just one of those and we’re 4th.

Anyway, need to beat Pies or Melbourne. Both would be outstanding.
Doesn't matter when we got them, we beat them both. As I said far too simple to say we got them at the right time. You can't pick and chose when you play them. We beat them.
Yep, maybe both Port and Carlton got us at thd right time. Same scenario.
Far to negative a take on those wins.

Doesn't matter when we got them, we beat them both. As I said far too simple to say we got them at the right time. You can't pick and chose when you play them. We beat them.
Yep, maybe both Port and Carlton got us at thd right time. Same scenario.
Far to negative a take on those wins.

I’m not negative at all. They were great wins. We didn’t just win, but you can’t ignore the facts that Brisbane and Crows were going poorly at that time.

What will be the view on Friday?
We win - Well we should’ve as they’re depleted
We lose - Well they’re the reigning premiers and haven’t lost in 7 weeks
We win - It has to be one of our best wins to defeat the reigning premiers on Friday
We lose - How could we lose to a undermanned side. We’re not playing finals.

What side do you sit on?

100% you have to look at the opposition at the time you play them. A win or lost on Friday will be heavily linked to the opposition and doubt you’ll find many around here saying ‘honourable loss’ or ‘We’re top 4 bound’ regardless of the result.

I’m not negative at all. They were great wins. We didn’t just win, but you can’t ignore the facts that Brisbane and Crows were going poorly at that time.

We win - It has to be one of our best wins to defeat the reigning premiers on Friday

What side do you sit on?

100% you have to look at the opposition at the time you play them. A win or lost on Friday will be heavily linked to the opposition and doubt you’ll find many around here saying ‘honourable loss’ or ‘We’re top 4 bound’ regardless of the result.
I think it’s one more game in the season.

Win or lose, the performance and intent matters.

We put up another game like the last two weeks, (and kick straight) that’s a good indicator.

We put up a WC style game, there are bigger issues.

What side do you sit on?

I refuse to debate such a simple toss away line.
A fixture is a fixture. But you believe what you want.

What side do you sit on?

There's always a few "ifs, buts and maybes" you can drag out when surveying wins across a season.

Collingwood have a few of their own littered in their wins list. I'm sure they'd be saying "a wins a win" though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back