RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league don't usually put out the votes but you can email them and get a copy. I've done it before.

Does anyone know who picked the team of the year this season? Heard it wasn't the coaches as per usual.

i know its a different league but the Northern FL release their votes on the website. i think its a good idea. im sure alot of clubs and players would be interested to see how they polled

This is the team of the year.

Football: Backs — Nick Ash (Riddell), Leigh Irwin (Romsey), Kane Bullen (Melton Central)

Half backs — Mark Strack (Romsey), Grant Wearne (Sunbury Kangaroos), Aaron Blade (Riddell)
Centres: Brad Mitchell (Romsey), Peter Robertson (Riddell), Dylan Wright (Sunbury Kangaroos)
Half forwards — Cam Dawson (Romsey), Ash Fleming (Macedon), Shaun Sims (Diggers Rest)
Forwards — Michael Allen (Riddell), Matthew Davidson (Romsey), Chris Meacham (Sunbury Kangaroos)
Rucks - Leigh Fishendon (Sunbury Kangaroos), Dean Whiting Smith (Romsey), Shannon Green (Romsey)Interchange — Matthew Coomans (Broadford), Haydn Ross (Riddell), Nathan Jackal (Rockbank), Shane Jacobs (Kilmore)

Now this is my team of the year reckon my team wins by a few goals.

Football: Backs — Nick Ash (Riddell), Leigh Irwin (Romsey), Brenton Sutherland (Sunbury Kangaroos)

Half backs — Mark Strack (Romsey), Kris Marsh (Diggers Rest), Tim Dettman (Macedon)
Centres: Cam Casson (Riddel), Peter Robertson (Riddell), Dylan Wright (Sunbury Kangaroos)
Half forwards — Cam Dawson (Romsey), Ash Fleming (Macedon), Shaun Sims (Diggers Rest)
Forwards — Michael Allen (Riddell), Matthew Davidson (Romsey), Chris Meacham (Sunbury Kangaroos) Rucks - Leigh Fishendon (Sunbury Kangaroos), Dean Whiting Smith (Romsey), Shannon Green (Romsey)
Interchange — Matt Coomans(Broadford), Craig Marshall(Diggers Rest), Hayden Ross (Riddel), Jamie Cuffe (Sunbury Kangaroos)

Football: Backs — Nick Ash (Riddell), Leigh Irwin (Romsey), Kane Bullen (Melton Central)

Half backs — Mark Strack (Romsey), Grant Wearne (Sunbury Kangaroos), Aaron Blade (Riddell)
Centres: Brad Mitchell (Romsey), Peter Robertson (Riddell), Dylan Wright (Sunbury Kangaroos)
Forwards — Michael Allen (Riddell), Matthew Davidson (Romsey), Chris Meacham (Sunbury Kangaroos)
Rucks - Leigh Fishendon (Sunbury Kangaroos), Dean Whiting Smith (Romsey), Shannon Green (Romsey)Interchange — Matthew Coomans (Broadford), Haydn Ross (Riddell), Nathan Jackal (Rockbank), Shane Jacobs (Kilmore)

Football: Backs — Nick Ash (Riddell), Leigh Irwin (Romsey), Brenton Sutherland (Sunbury Kangaroos)

Half backs — Mark Strack (Romsey), Kris Marsh (Diggers Rest), Tim Dettman (Macedon)
Centres: Cam Casson (Riddel), Peter Robertson (Riddell), Dylan Wright (Sunbury Kangaroos)
Forwards — Michael Allen (Riddell), Matthew Davidson (Romsey), Chris Meacham (Sunbury Kangaroos) Rucks - Leigh Fishendon (Sunbury Kangaroos), Dean Whiting Smith (Romsey), Shannon Green (Romsey)
Interchange — Matt Coomans(Broadford), Craig Marshall(Diggers Rest), Hayden Ross (Riddel), Jamie Cuffe (Sunbury Kangaroos)

I like your team better, Jamie Cuffe should have been a walk up start, Brenton Sutherland very stiff not to make it !

Preliminary Final on Sunday, Riddell to beat Romsey by 19 points !

Dont know if you know or not but Wallan and Kilmore are in the rdfl

better suited to our league but suprised he won it.
much better players going around and his a dirty little bastard.
romsey seem to have rdfl bluffed. club of year and 7 players in team of year your joking.

Dont know if you know or not but Wallan and Kilmore are in the rdfl

Yeah I played against them all this year. If it was an interleague team I would put 1-2 from each team in.
This is the team of the year and the top 5 teams were stand outs this year, besides 1 or 2 players in the bottom 7.

Just my opinion though. ;)

What about a final six that would play like this
First week 3V6 and 4V5 for a spot in the first semi final the for week 2.
1V2 have the first week off and play in a second semi final in week two because they finished higher and deserve it. This way there is an advantage to finish in the top two with a weeks rest and no advantage for the bottom 4 sides . Then it goes through the normal process of the finals with the Preliminary and Grand finals.The only problem for the league is they would miss out on a finals games gate takings, but this would be fairer for the top two sides !!!

IMS do you know where I can get hold of a couple of the programs that were on the table at last nights Bowen medal ?

Yeah mate, just contact the league.

Final standings should be available next week.

romsey seem to have rdfl bluffed. club of year and 7 players in team of year your joking.

Sounds like you may be a tadd jealous that the club is thriving. Shannon cant be to dirty as he wasn't sent off or reported this year. I cant think of a more deserving winner. If Ash McNaughton wasn't cut down mid season with a hammy, Romsey may of had another Representative in the side of the year.

Well done to Craig. Tried to get him to Broadford with a mate of his (Dipper Wilson) in 2007, and watched him a bit when he played up at Euroa :thumbsu:

Any chance him heading back to Memorial Oval now that it appears Dave Gleeson is back at the helm???

Surely Fitzy wont be lost to football, any early whispers who he will coach in 2012?
Doona when are you being intereviewed for the Blues job? :)

Yeah mate, just contact the league.

Final standings should be available next week.
hey big boy tell him to see me on sunday at the game and i have a few that the young wife:p placed in her hand bag for our club about 60 and i have 5 left so pass it on big boy:thumbsu: geez my backs SHOOT carrying her HAND BAG HOME:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to know the selection criteria for team of the yr, cam Dawson??
i will be there on sunday champ from 7.00 am,,,, i am the fat/bald bloke running the day and at the main bar?????? come up to me and i will tell you why CAMERON DAWSON made it........ I JUST BET WE DONT MEET EACH OTHER hope to see you there;)

i will be there on sunday champ from 7.00 am,,,, i am the fat/bald bloke running the day and at the main bar?????? come up to me and i will tell you why CAMERON DAWSON made it........ I JUST BET WE DONT MEET EACH OTHER hope to see you there;)

Lucky I still have hair :eek:

hey big boy tell him to see me on sunday at the game and i have a few that the young wife:p placed in her hand bag for our club about 60 and i have 5 left so pass it on big boy:thumbsu: geez my backs SHOOT carrying her HAND BAG HOME:D

Thanks mate I'll pop in and pick them up on Sunday if you wouldn't mind hanging on to them for me cheers !

Young Roy as i have stated come and see me over at the bar?? i am the fat/bald bloke running the day on Sunday, and i will let you in on a few secrets CHAMP..... about these 7 players WHY they made it and how good they are:thumbsu: also i will introduce Shannon to you and he can tell you why he is a dirty little bastard, also we can honestly say we as a club do not have the RDFL bluffed just a lot of hard:thumbsu: bloody:thumbsu: hard work;) hope to have a chat more on Sunday ROY..........BET YOU WE WONT MEET????? GO REDBACKS 1 FOOTY 3 NETBALL........CCCCCOOOOONNNNAAAALLLLIIIINNKKKOOO YOU BEAUTY:D

Can someone shed some light on why Dylan Wright did not play last week and whether he will be available for the Grand Final.

Rumor has it he is out with a bruised ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back